HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

go back a few pages and there was a discussion about card holders and wallets and a handful here has goyard and sounded more than happy with it's durability

Nah 3-4 years and the print basically rubs off.

Damn near everyone at my job has a cardholder and same story on each of them. The actual wallet holds up fine, the print not so much.

Some people’s expectations with luxury accessories and small leather goods goes too far in my opinion. I understand that when you spend that kind of money on a cardholder or wallet...you expect very high quality, but some of the expectations are a bit unreasonable. If something is hand painted or monogrammed...it’s not really that surprising that in 3-4 years, it can become somewhat rubbed off. Same thing goes with stitching etc. Most people jam the card holders into fitted pants or put them in back pockets which are constantly being sat on. Also...I feel the debate of money vs quality has been beat to death in the thread and most agree that price doesn’t really dictate “luxury”. Something cheap can be luxurious but something very expensive can also be super cheaply made. It’s all about what the consumer is WILLING to pay for something.

and sometimes it's not even being cheaply made, some of the more luxrious stuff are actually more fragile

this is mainly my experience with some of the more artisinal brands, some are handcrafted and made well but the material use are just fragile so extra are needed to upkeep it

I've also noticed that it's quite common that people use the compartment area to stuff wads of cash or receipts etc into them. I'm not saying everyone does this but I know that a lot do. That alone would put excess stress on the stitching and wear the cardholder out. It's designed to hold like 4-6 cards and maybe minimal cash like a couple bills or coins at most. It's not meant to totally substitute a proper wallet. It's simply an alternative when you just want to carry a few cards and don't carry cash much.

i don't put my cardholders in my backpocket and noticed that it really extends it's life

i try my best not to put it in my front pockets too if it can be helped, if my jacket has a pocket it usually goes there

Sorry y’all in nyc are Wylin if you never wear shorts

I don't live in NYC. I live about an hour and a half north west of it. Also, the only time I'm out in the heat is when I'm walking from my air conditioned car to either my air conditioned home or air conditioned destination. lol

I don't live in NYC. I live about an hour and a half north west of it. Also, the only time I'm out in the heat is when I'm walking from my air conditioned car to either my air conditioned home or air conditioned destination. lol
I move around on the street a lot, including playing ball daily outside. Of course ima wear shorts :lol:

i don't put my cardholders in my backpocket and noticed that it really extends it's life

i try my best not to put it in my front pockets too if it can be helped, if my jacket has a pocket it usually goes there

I have never really been a fan of prints and monograms... i like textures over prints... my LV's, BV's have all held up well.. none are prints tho

bred cloudburst on sale anywhere yet?
33703151_170512733631307_5109081542412468224_n.jpg

33104315_238426583591450_3181799587778134016_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom