HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

it's not even the popularity that i have a problem with, it's the fact that their popularity incentivized them to compromise the craftsmanship that helped make them popular to begin with

but are you willing to wait a year or two to get your item and pay 10x retail?

and id argue that its not the handpainted pattern that made them popular, its the print itself and monogram that made them popular, let spades be spades its the hypebeast thing that got them popular

id argue 90% of the buyers probably doesnt know their history or it was handprinted to begin with these days

hell how many these days knows LV used to exclusively make trunks?

who doesnt want their clothes handstitched? their shoes handmade? their watches handcrafted?

i miss when goyard canvas used to actually be cool and hand-painted, but ever since their popularity blew up in the early 2000s, they switched over to a mass-produced screen-printed version that looks more consistent, but way less...meaningful? like what's the point of this intricate dot pattern if it's just screen printed on?

old (pre 2006):
1615945179408.png

new (current):
1615945201050.png

But the current looks better?

going back to logo belts, i never really minded them but i do have one of this memories of a salesman at NM, it was probably before the og thread of hti got started but dude was just on a very well tailored suit and has the LV belt and just always thought it was super sleek and clean

i never thought it to be some brand marketing because it just worked and it was such a clean look

i dont know, thats just ingrained in my brain at an early stage that logos never bothered me if it isnt too crazy

this isnt the look the salesman was rockin but i like how this is pulled off, almost a modern day zoot suit i guess? but i thinkt he belt works

lv belt.jpg

Funny y’all say that, I have a brand new Gucci belt (grey) that haven’t worn just sitting there. Brought it 2-3 years ago. :lol:

goddamn, now people just gon' front digitally? once this becomes tradeable are people gon' make money on these like top shot and all thos eother bs?

Gucci's New Sneakers Cost Only $12 USD but Are Only Available Virtually

The Italian luxury fashion house is officially announcing its debut AR sneakers made available for purchase for just $11.99 USD virtually.

The digital Gucci shoe, which goes for either $8.99 USD on Wanna’s app or $11.99 USD on Gucci’s app, is able to reach a broader audience range. Different from NFTs, there will be an unlimited quantity of shoes that are interchangeable between consumers.

In recent weeks, non-fungible tokens (NFT) have made headlines, drawing large sales on the digi-sphere. Wanna CEO, Sergey Arkhangelskiy predicts AR technology will only continue to grow stating, “In five or maybe 10 years a relatively big chunk of fashion brands revenue will come from digital products. Our goal as a company is to actually supersede the product photos … and substitute it for something which is way more engaging and closer to offline shopping.”

its very different because i think theyre trying to make it a digital collectible like nba top shot which if became a limited edition gon' be profitable

lv x lol are just skins that's playable, you cant really trade/sell it for a profit which this might eventually do with these guccis

they really should just start a gucci bitcoin at this point

its very different because i think theyre trying to make it a digital collectible like nba top shot which if became a limited edition gon' be profitable

lv x lol are just skins that's playable, you cant really trade/sell it for a profit which this might eventually do with these guccis
the article you quoted literally says it's an unlimited quantity of the item

real money trading for digital goods (in game items/currency) is nothing new, regardless of whether or not it's officially supported by the platforms it takes place on--diablo 2, world of warcraft, final fantasy xi/xiv, etc. all have tons of third party communities of players exchanging digital goods for cash. the trend these days is accounts on various digital collection games (that are particularly popular on mobile) like granblue fantasy, fate/go, hearthstone, overwatch (skins) etc. that have already "collected" rare items/characters/skins/cards that can only be obtained through in-game slot machines, and the prices of these digital goods are definitely inflated by rarity

some game developers have taken this behaviour in stride and created marketplaces for digital goods within their platforms eg valve's steam marketplace for items like profile stylizations, hats in team fortress 2, and weapon skins in cs:go, or blizzard's diablo 3 real money auction house (before they shut it down) but most publishers have given up on this idea because the monetization model of slot machines that drop random cosmetics (lootboxes), that can't be easily transferred between users is far more lucrative as it keeps the money going to the publishers rather than moving between users, even if it means the vast majority of users aren't enraptured by a slot machine addiction

they really should just start a gucci bitcoin at this point
it's called kering stock lol

not even gon' read all that because you chose to ignore what i wrote: "which if became a limited edition"

ok, maybe you'd prefer some hard evidence if you think it's cool to disregard information i wrote to inform u of something u seem to have little to no awareness of on the basis of misunderstanding the first line i wrote

last year, someone was selling a league of legends account with the Louis Vuitton skin unlocked on it. the skin costed about $10 to unlock when its event was running, but now that it's not available to purchase, an account with the skin can fetch $80

nah i just disqualifying discussing with anyone who does not read

simple as that

you cna also disqualify me for not reading your sh*t because apparently i dont know sh*t

simple as that

not upset at all, just trying not to get drawn in, especially when something i say is completely ignored to try and prove a point, that's a non-starter

not upset at all, just trying not to get drawn in, especially when something i say is completely ignored to try and prove a point, that's a non-starter
it's not ignored, it's irrelevant. and how would you even know? you said you didn't even read the post!

Back
Top Bottom