Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-10.jpg
Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-7.jpg
Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-5.jpg
Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-3.jpg
Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-1.jpg
Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-2.jpg
Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-6.jpg
Cactus-Jack-Dior-Collaboration-4.jpg

Been saying it for a minute but no one believed me and this is proof. Virgils ideas were genuinely visionary like 5-6 years ago but he’s completely out of ideas. He had the combined resources of Nike and LV and he makes the same AF1 he made the first time around but with LV print. He even brought out all the same ideas: the quotes, double tongues, transparent panels, exposed stitching, neon accents, the DIY aesthetic.
And miss me with the “it’s a subversive take on bootleg culture”. Nah. Gucci already did that and if that’s what he was really going for, he could have made a LV AF1 boat shoe or espadrille or an LV loader with a big *** swoosh on the side or something. Not this release that the bootleggers have been making since the 90s.

Been saying it for a minute but no one believed me and this is proof. Virgils ideas were genuinely visionary like 5-6 years ago but he’s completely out of ideas. He had the combined resources of Nike and LV and he makes the same AF1 he made the first time around but with LV print. He even brought out all the same ideas: the quotes, double tongues, transparent panels, exposed stitching, neon accents, the DIY aesthetic.
And miss me with the “it’s a subversive take on bootleg culture”. Nah. Gucci already did that and if that’s what he was really going for, he could have made a LV AF1 boat shoe or espadrille or an LV loader with a big *** swoosh on the side or something. Not this release that the bootleggers have been making since the 90s.

Espadrille really? I think the masses would rather an LV AF1 than those ideas. Hes already developed kicks for LV, none were amazing tbh. These AF’s id call a treat. You know itll sell, you know itll be hyped. Creativity level low or not, its still something most people would want as opposed to another dud sneaker.

Espadrille really? I think the masses would rather an LV AF1 than those ideas. Hes already developed kicks for LV, none were amazing tbh. These AF’s id call a treat. You know itll sell, you know itll be hyped. Creativity level low or not, its still something most people would want as opposed to another dud sneaker.
Nah doesn’t have to be an espadrille, that’s just an example of a style that Nike doesn’t do but LV does, but if he really was going for satire of bootleg culture he could have done something really out of the box like that. And of course it’ll sell but that doesn’t mean it’s not boring as hell cause it’s literally the AF1 he did before with LV prints. It’s also telling that he fell back on all the details from the original Nike 10 and his earlier off white work cause you’re right, his inline LV sneakers aren’t great and his later Nike work (5s with all the holes, dunks and vapors with the weird lacing and rubberized panels, etc.) haven’t been nearly as good or successful.

Nah doesn’t have to be an espadrille, that’s just an example of a style that Nike doesn’t do but LV does, but if he really was going for satire of bootleg culture he could have done something really out of the box like that. And of course it’ll sell but that doesn’t mean it’s not boring as hell cause it’s literally the AF1 he did before with LV prints. It’s also telling that he fell back on all the details from the original Nike 10 and his earlier off white work cause you’re right, his inline LV sneakers aren’t great and his later Nike work (5s with all the holes, dunks and vapors with the weird lacing and rubberized panels, etc.) haven’t been nearly as good or successful.

I woudnt say boring. Lazy, not creative etc you can argue.

I have a question. Why do some of you guys HATE on AMIRI clothing well jeans? Is it because they are skinny jeans? I like some of there denim not all, but I just wanted to know what was the prob? Is it because everybody in the urban areas praise them so much? Just give me you guys input on this.

Some people like them others not so much. But I'll tell yall now. Depending on how many they sell those AF1's are going to definitely become a grail piece in a few years. I have no doubt.

Especially when Virgil moves on from LV and they inevitably bring someone in that's more conservative that turn the brand bland.

Back
Top Bottom