HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

AB4E7691-CCAA-4359-AEEA-27295E3FF103.jpeg
73826EA3-F8CB-43CB-A838-6B9C4E601C11.jpeg

yah there arent pieces that are must have, the one is the collared teddy and it isnt even readily available

dolce and gabbana are two of the most horrible people in high fashion and the fact that everyone gives them a free pass to spew vile garbage just because they make nice dresses is extremely embarrassing
Most people don’t really look into to the ethics of fashion. If they see something they like they buy it. Same **** for zara and nike’s slave labor.

Most people don’t really look into to the ethics of fashion. If they see something they like they buy it. Same **** for zara and nike’s slave labor.
arguably luxury fashion is marketed as "more ethical" because the higher price tags suggest ppl in the supply chains are getting paid more for higher quality materials&work, which is why a lot of people are drawn to it in the first place; the idea that people buy random things that they think look nice with absolutely no care for how it came to be or why it costs what it costs is absurd, because there is obviously some factor that drives consumers to spend hundreds (or thousands) over tens for the same functional object. remember that the vast majority of luxury sales is to the aspirational middle class and not people who are wealthy enough to shop high fashion luxury on a whim; knowing that, can you really believe that the average person buying luxury goods they saw influencers wearing does absolutely no research on that object before buying it for themselves?

slave labour being in zara's and nike's (and lvmh's and kering's and apple's and disney animation's) supply chains is an inevitable consequence of capitalist globalization built on imperialism ie outsourcing labour to the lowest bidders in "less developed" regions; they're not actively choosing to employ slaves, they're employing people who can promise to deliver what's expected for the lowest price available, which is typically accomplished with slave labour; the companies making the orders are coming under fire for not "actively preventing" the presence of slave labour throughout the various contracts they make, which technically isn't "their job" because they are not legally obligated to uphold labour conditions in factories they don't own in regions they might not even operate in. both, as a corporate entity that is expected to continually grow profits year over year because its beholden to its shareholders, and as a consumer (especially one with a limited budget), "slave labour" is impossible to avoid under capitalism.

this is a completely separate issue from the head directors/ceos of these corps going out and telling people gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids and that parents shouldn't be allowed to use extrauterine pregnancy, or have the audacity to suggest a race of your shoppers doesn't have the sophistication to appreciate their company's heritage & craft not only in marketing but to the press when asked about it; do you really believe that all the celebrities who actively didn't wear DG for a year and a half to various red carpet events really have no idea why it shouldn't be acceptable suddenly start wearing it again?

arguably luxury fashion is marketed as "more ethical" because the higher price tags suggest ppl in the supply chains are getting paid more for higher quality materials&work, which is why a lot of people are drawn to it in the first place; the idea that people buy random things that they think look nice with absolutely no care for how it came to be or why it costs what it costs is absurd, because there is obviously some factor that drives consumers to spend hundreds (or thousands) over tens for the same functional object. remember that the vast majority of luxury sales is to the aspirational middle class and not people who are wealthy enough to shop high fashion luxury on a whim; knowing that, can you really believe that the average person buying luxury goods they saw influencers wearing does absolutely no research on that object before buying it for themselves?

slave labour being in zara's and nike's (and lvmh's and kering's and apple's and disney animation's) supply chains is an inevitable consequence of capitalist globalization built on imperialism ie outsourcing labour to the lowest bidders in "less developed" regions; they're not actively choosing to employ slaves, they're employing people who can promise to deliver what's expected for the lowest price available, which is typically accomplished with slave labour; the companies making the orders are coming under fire for not "actively preventing" the presence of slave labour throughout the various contracts they make, which technically isn't "their job" because they are not legally obligated to uphold labour conditions in factories they don't own in regions they might not even operate in. both, as a corporate entity that is expected to continually grow profits year over year because its beholden to its shareholders, and as a consumer (especially one with a limited budget), "slave labour" is impossible to avoid under capitalism.

this is a completely separate issue from the head directors/ceos of these corps going out and telling people gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids and that parents shouldn't be allowed to use extrauterine pregnancy, or have the audacity to suggest a race of your shoppers doesn't have the sophistication to appreciate their company's heritage & craft not only in marketing but to the press when asked about it; do you really believe that all the celebrities who actively didn't wear DG for a year and a half to various red carpet events really have no idea why it shouldn't be acceptable suddenly start wearing it again?
Not gonna read all that tbh.

Well I’m not gonna go that far :lol: I was talking more about the brand in general. Sneaker wise I’ll give it to rhugi over whatever Celine is putting out.

I was referring to the sneakers.👍🏾 Celine sneakers haven’t aged well with the limited times I’ve worn them vs my Rhude ones. As noted I like the sportswear and formal pieces, but unless the quality improves, Celine shoes will be a pass for me.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on chrome hearts currently? To me it’s supreme on steroids.

They just came out with their new collection sex records but the resale prices have been crazy. $800-1000 for hats, 8k-11k for the jeans lol idk I can’t justify those prices.

Back
Top Bottom