Hinge Takeover >>> Tinder, Bumble Pof

My boy got did dirty yesterday. He was seeing this girl for like 5-6 months. She ended it back in May of last year. He wished her a happy birthday this month via text. She responded and seemed enthused according to him. They were supposed to link up at some restaurant in midtown. They were texting an hour before so in his mind it was finalized. He drove into the city, got to the spot and got a drink while he was waiting on her. Started texting the girl and she never responded. Figured she was running late. Called her and no response. Waited almost two hours and she never showed. He told me the place was packed cuz it was a Saturday and the waitress felt bad for him after he told her his situation.

Cold world. Told him not to stress it and to lose her number.

Women come and go like the seasons. The best approach is not getting attached. Whatever happens, happens.
Honestly feel like things are the often best before it gets serious (and kind of hate it's that way). Have to get attached and pursue serious relationships at some point though...right?

My boy got did dirty yesterday. He was seeing this girl for like 5-6 months. She ended it back in May of last year. He wished her a happy birthday this month via text. She responded and seemed enthused according to him. They were supposed to link up at some restaurant in midtown. They were texting an hour before so in his mind it was finalized. He drove into the city, got to the spot and got a drink while he was waiting on her. Started texting the girl and she never responded. Figured she was running late. Called her and no response. Waited almost two hours and she never showed. He told me the place was packed cuz it was a Saturday and the waitress felt bad for him after he told her his situation.

He shouldnt have gone in the first place if he did not get confirmation.

Was on Snapchat last night and my ex from last year put some pic up on her story of some guy kissing her from behind with a bunch heart emojis...stings because we were trying to work things out deep into September and nearly got back together and any guy posted publicly's probably been in the works for a few months. Also am across the country for over a month trying to live somewhere new and clear my head so this doesn't help.

Noticing this pattern with many girls I talk to for a while or officially date where we have strong first month or two in that honeymoon phase. It feels like we're so in line mentally and comfortable with each other like we've known each other forever. They tell me I'm what they're looking for and are happy and then often goes one of two routes:

1. Things do a 180 and all of the sudden now there's double standards or I'm not doing _________ well or it feels like the goalposts have moved. It's like "Things are good and I like you, BUT" and seems very nitpicky. Then arguing about that ends things.

2. Or they just lose interest for whatever reason or ghost and I never really get any rationale.

Whole time I'm the same person throughout acting the same way and doing the same things. Trying to think as objectively as possible, but I really can't pinpoint anything I'm doing different so I'm inclined to think I just get switched up on a lot for some reason. Feel like I'm pretty good at reading people and seeing red flags, but perpetually meeting girls who come and go. Has me wary now of when I really hit it off with a girl from the jump and that's not good.

Is there any way to see girls like this coming or is there something I should be doing differently?
Vibe:

Was on Snapchat last night and my ex from last year put some pic up on her story of some guy kissing her from behind with a bunch heart emojis...stings because we were trying to work things out deep into September and nearly got back together and any guy posted publicly's probably been in the works for a few months. Also am across the country for over a month trying to live somewhere new and clear my head so this doesn't help.

Noticing this pattern with many girls I talk to for a while or officially date where we have strong first month or two in that honeymoon phase. It feels like we're so in line mentally and comfortable with each other like we've known each other forever. They tell me I'm what they're looking for and are happy and then often goes one of two routes:

1. Things do a 180 and all of the sudden now there's double standards or I'm not doing _________ well or it feels like the goalposts have moved. It's like "Things are good and I like you, BUT" and seems very nitpicky. Then arguing about that ends things.

2. Or they just lose interest for whatever reason or ghost and I never really get any rationale.

Whole time I'm the same person throughout acting the same way and doing the same things. Trying to think as objectively as possible, but I really can't pinpoint anything I'm doing different so I'm inclined to think I just get switched up on a lot for some reason. Feel like I'm pretty good at reading people and seeing red flags, but perpetually meeting girls who come and go. Has me wary now of when I really hit it off with a girl from the jump and that's not good.

Is there any way to see girls like this coming or is there something I should be doing differently?
Honestly the best advice is do what agent Zero would do. Gilbert Arenas doesn't GAF about anything, dude says what he wants and does what he wants. Be respectful to the women, however don't get to attached off the bat.

2 hours no response, 15 minute rule with no response from her. Might as well make a night out of it and hit up some spots at that point.

I got stood up once over a decade ago. It was a ****ty situation. My boys and I went to this black tie event (Philly Auto Show opening) and hit the bars afterwards per usual. I ended up meeting this chick who I hung out with all night, she came to the after hours club with us until about 3AM when I get sucker punched and cut my hand on some glass. She ended up coming back to the crib, stayed the night and we fooled around. The next morning convo was A1 and we grabbed brunch together so things were looking up.

Text during the week and set up a date for that Friday night. I want to say we were texting day of the date and likely confirmed. Roll up to the spot at the time of the reservation and wait like 10-15 minutes until I get a text from her saying she’s not coming :stoneface:

Ended up not talking to her after then like 2 weeks later she texted me to apologize and ask for a do over before going ghost again :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: Worst part is she didn’t have a jacket for some reason so I let her rock one of my cashmere cardigans to brunch and obviously never got that back :sick: :smh: Some yambs are just straight reckless with it.

Waited two hrs? :lol: got damn dummy

2 hours no response, 15 minute rule with no response from her. Might as well make a night out of it and hit up some spots at that point.

Yeah, he took an L but I assumed him staying 2 hours was because it was a Saturday night, he already made the trek and the place was jumping. I probably would have hit up multiple spots like titang545 titang545 suggested but I guess he just wanted to do anything to make a night out of it.

I’ll allow it.

I got stood up once over a decade ago. It was a ****ty situation. My boys and I went to this black tie event (Philly Auto Show opening) and hit the bars afterwards per usual. I ended up meeting this chick who I hung out with all night, she came to the after hours club with us until about 3AM when I get sucker punched and cut my hand on some glass. She ended up coming back to the crib, stayed the night and we fooled around. The next morning convo was A1 and we grabbed brunch together so things were looking up.

Text during the week and set up a date for that Friday night. I want to say we were texting day of the date and likely confirmed. Roll up to the spot at the time of the reservation and wait like 10-15 minutes until I get a text from her saying she’s not coming :stoneface:

Ended up not talking to her after then like 2 weeks later she texted me to apologize and ask for a do over before going ghost again :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: Worst part is she didn’t have a jacket for some reason so I let her rock one of my cashmere cardigans to brunch and obviously never got that back :sick: :smh: Some yambs are just straight reckless with it.
DAMN, cold as ice. Hit you up just to ghost again. Hope dude ghost her at the aisle.

damn a cashmere. Its a thick booty jawn named Diamond in edmond somewhere (i dont know her real name either, went by Diamond) with my heathered grey Champion zip up hoodie jacket and I’m heated thinking about it now

Edit: sheesh the typos

Last edited:
we talking about womenz who came off with our clothes?

I have a few I dated and had to throw them some shorts or something after smashing at the crib. I’m pissed too because those shorts I can’t even find anymore and I had about 6 pairs of them but now only have like 3 :smh:

My graphic tees been coming up missing as well

When my ex and I broke up I contemplated taking back the Royal 1's, Bred 11's, and infrared 6's I bought her. Decided to let her keep the shoes and the dog.

When my ex and I broke up I contemplated taking back the Royal 1's, Bred 11's, and infrared 6's I bought her. Decided to let her keep the shoes and the dog.

Everything else was replaceable or considered a sunk cost so this was the hardest for me. Largely because I had no say in the matter and it was my first pet but I knew it was the right thing to do |l

I have always wondered if there are feels associated with discarding leftover items. Similarly - are y'all going back and scrubbing your social media of any posts/pics related to exes? I imagine there could be feels associated with that too but I also feel like some folks might have a friend do it to avoid that.

Everything else was replaceable or considered a sunk cost so this was the hardest for me. Largely because I had no say in the matter and it was my first pet but I knew it was the right thing to do |l

Don't get me wrong I liked the dog, but if I was being objective she was way more attached to it than me it was her first pet even though I was the one that got it for us when we moved in together.

Also the dog wasn't expensive. I'd be lying if I said that didn't play a part in it too.

I have always wondered if there are feels associated with discarding leftover items. Similarly - are y'all going back and scrubbing your social media of any posts/pics related to exes? I imagine there could be feels associated with that too but I also feel like some folks might have a friend do it to avoid that.
Personally i dont put any sentimental values into items so i let them keep whatever i got them and keep whatever they got me unless they want it back. Im scrubbing social media though and unfollowing for sure if the breakup wasnt mutual.

My ex still has a couple things at her place. All I really want back is my nike shorts and a not cheap sex toy but it's always something new with her when I ask even though she's 15 minutes away. She told me to ask again this weekend just to tell me she's away on vacation for a month when I did. Diabolical :lol:

Back
Top Bottom