Hinge Takeover >>> Tinder, Bumble Pof

What’s you guys views on dating someone with a child? For the longest time, I have been completely against it. However, I’m slowly starting to open up about dating someone with a child. Reason being is, I’m getting older and I’m realizing that I could be passing on blessings on a potential long term committed relationship. It’s someone I’m talking to now that has potential. She has a 10 in the half year old daughter and she is a vice principal, so obviously she’s makes really good money. I’m going to see where it goes..

Just wanted people’s opinion on dating or getting in a committed relationship with someone with kids?
Depends...What's out the half? 🤔

What’s you guys views on dating someone with a child? For the longest time, I have been completely against it. However, I’m slowly starting to open up about dating someone with a child. Reason being is, I’m getting older and I’m realizing that I could be passing on blessings on a potential long term committed relationship. It’s someone I’m talking to now that has potential. She has a 10 in the half year old daughter and she is a vice principal, so obviously she’s makes really good money. I’m going to see where it goes..

Just wanted people’s opinion on dating or getting in a committed relationship with someone with kids?

I’ve dated women with kids and, at this point, I’d only consider it if the dad was out of the picture and the girl I was dating was making as much as me (or more). When they throw that first temper-tantrum in public, it’ll have you opening up Bumble and double-checking your other options :lol:.

fdub fdub I’ve had a long day so I might be misreading but was “10 in the half year old” supposed to be 10 and a half year old? I’m just asking for clarification because 10.5 is pretty old. She’s like a 5th/6th grader and that could be a lot to deal with off the rip.

Personally, I flirted with the idea before like you are now. I talked to two girls with kids and for me the biggest issue seems to be time, scheduling and commitment. They can’t just meet you all willy nilly like a woman without kids. It’s like a whole thing because they have to get a babysitter, date is on a strict timer, no sleepovers due to aforementioned restrictions, only free like every other weekend because of custody, potential BM drama, etc.

Another thing to think about is if you or her want to have another kid. It might play a factor in to your desire and ultimately your decision to be a stepfather.

It’s early summer. It’s a bunch of 22 year olds stepping into the real world for the first time.

That’s more my speed.
2979AC75-4A42-44F1-B158-7A578199F069.jpeg

It’s early summer. It’s a bunch of 22 year olds stepping into the real world for the first time.

That’s more my speed.

I think you're 26, right? How do convos with new yambs go? Are they all successful? Personally I believe that not all four year gaps are the same. Once you get in the real world and get "experience" then the gap shrinks over time but 26 to 22 is still pretty wide.

She’s 10 about to be 11 years old next month.
don-cheadle.gif

Do you have any kids yourself? That seems like a heavy burden to bear but if you are REALLLLYY into her then I guess give it a try. Going from a single guy with no kids to doing carpool duty, driving a 11 y/0 and her girlfriends to school dances, going to parent teacher conferences, etc. is deep.

I think you're 26, right? How do convos with new yambs go? Are they all successful? Personally I believe that not all four year gaps are the same. Once you get in the real world and get "experience" then the gap shrinks over time but 26 to 22 is still pretty wide.

don-cheadle.gif

Do you have any kids yourself? That seems like a heavy burden to bear but if you are REALLLLYY into her then I guess give it a try. Going from a single guy with no kids to doing carpool duty, driving a 11 y/0 and her girlfriends to school dances, going to parent teacher conferences, etc. is deep.
Naw, no kids. Yeah, it is a lot to think about it. The good thing about this situation is, her dad is involved and they have a good co-patenting relationship. But, still, it is a lot to think about

fdub fdub wanna lock the youngins up in super max prisons and smash their moms, yo a sick dude :lol: :smh:

Yo I swear I was skimmed thtrough this post and read that as he wanted to smash a youngin (I was thinking 18-19) that was in super max prison :lol: :lol: I fully re-read it and understand now but don't even wanna know the full context behind his post history because I know it's too wild :lol:

Naw, no kids. Yeah, it is a lot to think about it. The good thing about this situation is, her dad is involved and they have a good co-patenting relationship. But, still, it is a lot to think about

Damn, if her dad is involved that means him rocking with you is probably going to be just as important as the 11-year old. Not sure how the relationship ended with her last man but he's going to come at you hard. Same for her homegirls and any siblings she may have so you just have to be ready for all that. I don't want you going out like Jesse

I'm on the older side now so kids are no biggie though my limit really is 1. 2 if she's an indisputable dime. It really is annoying though when it comes to kids how many people choose to be a disruption when they don't have to be.

What do yall think about this? I met a girl on bumble, 33 divorced, 1 kid and she lives about 25 minutes outside of Houston. Im ok with a kid and the drive. We plan Wednesday to meet up half way. Yesterday she changes her mind and says she wants Chinese food from Chinatown, which is IN Houston. Im like cool, I know a spot. This morning, before I can even ask about the transportation situation she sends me this:

0162B950-EB52-4B5A-99A7-394B4F11E912.jpeg

In my mind, this is a red flag, but maybe Im tripping.
I asked a few women about it, my sisters, my mom, my boy’s, wife and a couple of co-wokers. It seems to be a generational divide. All the older, more mature women say don’t do it. The younger women are saying its a test. Do they not realize they’re in question with me just as much as I am in question with her???

What do yall think? FYI, this has already played out. I sent a reply.

E429D4DC-93C2-4B70-91DC-FC2336A4E590.jpeg

[/spoilers]

What do yall think about this? I met a girl on bumble, 33 divorced, 1 kid and she lives about 25 minutes outside of Houston. Im ok with a kid and the drive. We plan Wednesday to meet up half way. Yesterday she changes her mind and says she wants Chinese food from Chinatown, which is IN Houston. Im like cool, I know a spot. This morning, before I can even ask about the transportation situation she sends me this:

I asked a few women about it, my sisters, my mom, my boy’s, wife and a couple of co-wokers. It seems to be a generational divide. All the older, more mature women say don’t do it. The younger women are saying its a test. Do they not realize they’re in question with me just as much as I am in question with her???

[/spoilers]

What world are we living in? Asking to fill up a tank of gas is INSANE. She must have seen Zion's BM then Moriah Mills going off and decided it was her time to get hers.

Is this supposed to be a situation where you just give her the money to get the gas? Or do you have to treat it like a homeless person begging for food on the corner where you buy it for them because the cash could be used for anything? Obviously in your case that would mean going to the gas station with her which is even more ridiculous :lol:

Mid-grade fuel in Houston is currently ~$3.50 and assuming she has a small car with a 12 gallon tank, a half tank would be about $21-25. Personally, I would have been turned off, immediately disinterested in anything long-term and probably not have responded. BUT if she was attractive enough, I was in a drought or had nothing else to do that night then I would consider it. I get the principal of it all but it's also less than a round of drinks and since driving is a part of the equation, not much (if any) alcohol is going to be consumed so it'll be a low-cost date anyway.

My view may be warped though because I've had some absurd requests before.

Whats wild is I went on a date with an older women Monday. She lived in The Woodlands, which is further away, and met me in the heights no problem(she also pulled up in a Range). We chilling, drinking, talking and eating. We found out that the bar tender working there was 20. When it comes time to get the check, the bartender puts the check in front of her. Bruh, the way she tensed up. :lol: I grabbed it and paid, of course, but Im wondering was he trying to insinuate she should pay or was trying to give me an unnecessary oop?

[/spoilers]
Easy Pass. Remember you’re the prize 😂.

Whats wild is I went on a date with an older women Monday. She lived in The Woodlands, which is further away, and met me in the heights no problem(she also pulled up in a Range). We chilling, drinking, talking and eating. We found out that the bar tender working there was 20. When it comes time to get the check, the bartender puts the check in front of her. Bruh, the way she tensed up. :lol: I grabbed it and paid, of course, but Im wondering was he trying to insinuate she should pay or was trying to give me an unnecessary oop?
No he thought she was your mom 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yea shorty was def testing you to see if you coming outta pocket early…If you filled that tank up she woulda put you in the trick section…She was just looking for some gas for the weekend :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom