Hip-Hop Sales are falling

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

like fo real if you love hip hop why do you care about the numbers , it has nothing to do with the art mos def did low numbers and he bout to get a grammy
Son, people want to be able to feed their families and buy lambos.

If you aint doing numbers, get a real job.
Im not talking about the artist im talking about fans like op making threads about numbers who cares, i never understood why people care

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Show $$$>>>>>>>>>record sales

/thread
Foreal record sales def aint feedin Ns these days its all about that show money. Ns be gettin it in too, hell Boosie gettin 10 racks a show just imagine how much Ns wit bigger fan bases/wider audiences clockin in $ $ $

With these 360 deals artist are not getting money like they use to.

People care about numbers because people care about popularity. And amounts sold is the only way to gauge how popular an item/person is. It's nocoincedence that the top selling acts are the ones who are seen everywhere, in all commercials, ads, live tv performances etc etc.. Fans obviously dont caremuch about numbers because theyre the ones killing it through downloading but for people in the music business of course its going to matter.

142,000 divided by the number of members in YM comes out to around 20 copies a member (after you take into account that drake and wayne did slightlymore for the sales)

1. Great numbers for Mary Jay Blige
smile.gif

I defitnely didn't expect that. Seemed like she had no listeners but i was wrong.

2. With the Wayne, Nicki & Drake features on the album, I thought this was going to at least do 500,000 first week....

142,000 is defitnely not what I expected.

I think it's great that "Every Girl" was released 6-7 months ago because it gave the record time to spread EVERYWHERE. They should have let"BedRock" buzz get a little bit stonger.... But yea whatever...

I JUST saw the damn Bedrock video a couple weeks ago and I know major wayne fans who didnt even know the Young Money or Refill album was out. This album had noreal buzz unless you watched the Monique show. Had they drop this around Spring when every girl was taken over it woulda been a wrap IMO.

sooooooooooooooooo is YM over with? Because we were talkin about record sales and a certain person sold 156k and he was done.

Originally Posted by Essential1

sooooooooooooooooo is YM over with? Because we were talkin about record sales and a certain person sold 156160k and he was done.
nerd.gif

According to the NT theory, Wayne should cut his losses right now... Its OVER...

IMO 140K isn't THAT bad tho... I personally was expectin worse then that, but when you factor in that Wayne, Drake& Nicki are 3 of the MOST popular rappers & the holiday season, its NOT really that spectacular... & the factthat they've had 2 HIT singles
ohwell.gif
(and itdidn't leak a month in advance...)

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Refill did pretty good for a rerelease though. I think YM did less than I expected but it probably was to be expected. I'm still holding off on seeing if Hip Hop can still sell until this Drake album comes out. It took them too long to release that album. I just don't get when a album has a song as big as Every Girl they just let the buzz die down instead of dropping the album immediately after a song becomes a hit. Maybe the album wasn't done but don't drop Every Girl until the album is done.

I thought We Are Young Money was atleast going to do 400K considering how big their buzz is.

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

like fo real if you love hip hop why do you care about the numbers , it has nothing to do with the art mos def did low numbers and he bout to get a grammy

Because 95% of these rappers are only in it for the numbers. If they dont get the numbers they want, they'll keep trying. If the # looks the same, they'll quit which means no more new rap songs.

@#$%@#$%. Besides, if you quit rapping just because you can't keep cakin' the way you want, i don't wanna listen to your punk @#$ anway. Peoplehave been making great music for free / without any budget for the entire decade. Even if it was to build a buzz. Declining Sales won't hurt the culturethe way everyone thinks. If anything it'll air out the chumps.

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

@#$%@#$%. Besides, if you quit rapping just because you can't keep cakin' the way you want, i don't wanna listen to your punk @#$ anway. People have been making great music for free / without any budget for the entire decade. Even if it was to build a buzz. Declining Sales won't hurt the culture the way everyone thinks. If anything it'll air out the chumps.
That's completely true.
You guys shouldn't be worried about decreasing sales.
When we buy an artists album or song, they only get a few cents to very very little dollars in revenue.
The rest goes to the money hungry record industry.
If someone whines about their sales, they are just sellouts and money hungry $$*%*$%.
You make music for the love and passion, not for how much money you make.
If you guys are worried about the decrease in album sales and want to support your fav artists, you guys should go to their concerts.
Artists make the most money from their tours.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Show $$$>>>>>>>>>record sales

/thread

But record sales dictate how much show money you get. You think Yung Berg seeing as much show money as Wayne? Record sales mean a lot. Record labels sponsorthese tours.

I'm happy those two coasters did those #s. Only wish it was lower.

But not surprised since one isn't a Wayne album and the other is just old shh repackaged with a couple new songs.

Back
Top Bottom