Hiphopsite.com 2011 Year In Review: The 10 Most Disapointing Albums

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Lasers should have been #1 and WTT should not even be on that list. have been much lower on the list.

Writer was right, very good isn't good enough. It wasn't a classic and that woulda been obvious if so many major albums didn't disappoint.

I'm surprised WTT made the list over J.Cole's best of mixtapes album.

Originally Posted by mossman75

The thing with WTT was it came and went, it was hot for like 2 weeks and after that it was forgotten. No replay value at all.
This. And even in that two weeks I skipped a bunch of songs. Made in America was whack (good message, but this isn't a Def Poetry Jam session. musically it sucked). Lift Off was corny as hell. That's My +@!%@ and Welcome to the Jungle were throwaway tracks. 
These days I don't even really think about playing WTT. 

Extremely forgettable. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The thing with WTT was it came and went, it was hot for like 2 weeks and after that it was forgotten. No replay value at all.
This. And even in that two weeks I skipped a bunch of songs. Made in America was whack (good message, but this isn't a Def Poetry Jam session. musically it sucked). Lift Off was corny as hell. That's My +@!%@ and Welcome to the Jungle were throwaway tracks. 
These days I don't even really think about playing WTT. 

Extremely forgettable. 
this

Damn, didn't even know Redman released an album this year.

Lasers should be #1. Can't argue with rest of the list or agree cuz I literally haven't listened to more than half the albums on the list.

Lasers should have been #1 but, I'm glad that WTT was on there. The creativity I like, but, overall, there's no focus in that ablum. To me, it just sounds like they just put a bunch of songs on there that they thought would stand out as singles instead of making an album that sounds good as a whole. I mean, I'm not looking for every song to be cohesive, but, it it just seem like a compilation album instead of a with any true, underlying meaning or direction.

I agree. It shouldn't be #1 most disappointing, but it deserves to be on the list. Not saying it's a bad album, but it doesn't grab you to make you want to listen to it more and more. It just feels like two superstar rappers who've already made it and have nothing to get hungry for, and it shows in the music, IMO.

THIS....No replay value at all...been saying that.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

WTT was crap sans 3-4 songs.

...but we dont want to get into the "audience" that album was made for...that'll open a can of worms.

I felt the same way. Literally only listened like 3 times and I actually tried to make myself like it...
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom