HIRING RECRUITER SPARKS OUTRAGE AFTER REVEALING SHE OFFERED A CANDIDATE $45,000 LESS THAN THE JOB SALARY

The ultimate negotiating power is not needing a job. Too many people look for work when they are...

A: Unemployed
B: Miserable in their current roles

This is why I always put my feelers out when I am HAPPY in my current role. If I start to get bites back that exceed my current title/pay then I strongly consider making a move elsewhere after sharing said info with my employer.
This needs to be stickied some where for everyone to remember.

Always have options in place. When you are desperate you tend to make mistakes. Work the job don’t let the job work you.

You will always get more money, incentives, etc on the open market than you will in your existing role. Long gone are the days that the expectation is to work for the same company for 40 years. If you got the right skills and know how to sell yourself you will flourish in this current market.

Had a job interview a couple months back and it was comically bad. Know someone who works there (a man) so I know what he makes. We have an almost identical resume minus my gender. They asked me what salary I was looking for so I told them what I knew they were paying my friend. This would have still been a pay cut for me but better flexibility for my family so the trade off could have made sense. The guy literally laughed at me and said well you won’t be getting THAT. Then refused to state what they would offer.

Other highlights included misrepresenting the schedule they were looking for me to work and also asking me what I liked best about Microsoft outlook :rofl:

Like others have said though, it’s easier to laugh this stuff off from a position of strength. I make more in my current spot working part time hours than they were offering me and insinuating I’d need to work 50 hours a week for as well as every single weekend. Amazing clowns who operate like this manage to hire anyone.

Negotiating a salary with no experience?
Something to consider is that companies are losing people left and right. Mainly due to the pandemic and people valuing time with family or themselves than a job. So trying to get people to work is almost in the hirees favor. If they entertained the interview they likely reviewed the resume and saw the lack of experience. Employers always have a range even with no experience you have some bargaining power.

Have a horror story about my best friend..too long to type. But she was up against two white males. She interviewed the best but was the youngest and a black woman. Also she wasn’t even looking for a job someone just put the company in touch with her. It was for a job out of state. Once they prepared the offer with the board of trustees she was offered 50k lower and the position was downgraded from a VP to a Project Manager until she “earned her stripes” needless to say she went off on them. Lol well deserved.

Depending on where you go, yes you can negotiate. Saw a company paying up to around 150k for entry level software engineers, imagine getting cheated out of that.

Something to consider is that companies are losing people left and right. Mainly due to the pandemic and people valuing time with family or themselves than a job. So trying to get people to work is almost in the hirees favor. If they entertained the interview they likely reviewed the resume and saw the lack of experience. Employers always have a range even with no experience you have some bargaining power.

Have a horror story about my best friend..too long to type. But she was up against two white males. She interviewed the best but was the youngest and a black woman. Also she wasn’t even looking for a job someone just put the company in touch with her. It was for a job out of state. Once they prepared the offer with the board of trustees she was offered 50k lower and the position was downgraded from a VP to a Project Manager until she “earned her stripes” needless to say she went off on them. Lol well deserved.
Both of these scenarios are wild. Especially 150k for an entry level position.

Speaking of recruiters/staffing companies, some of them worse than telemarketers…They be blowing you tf up n wild pushy :lol: :smh: …Turns you off from whatever they offering unless you desperate

Speaking of recruiters/staffing companies, some of them worse than telemarketers…They be blowing you tf up n wild pushy :lol: :smh: …Turns you off from whatever they offering unless you desperate
:lol: thats so accurate, i had to block this 1 lady some yrs ago.

Negotiating a salary with no experience?
Negotiating with no experience is pretty unique, but no experience at 23 isn’t uncommon. She’s not that far removed from college, barring she didn’t take longer than 4 years.

Tech companies like getting younger employees so they can get rid of dinosaurs. There’s definitely some wiggle room with entry level salaries unless your in a some leadership/rotational program.

:lol: thats so accurate, i had to block this 1 lady some yrs ago.
Mane I recently had 1 that I just had to tell her straight up chill n leave me alone…Shorty would call and text me after hours and was trying get me to start asap , she must have been on thin ice or really needed whatever bonus was being offered but that’s not my problem :lol: :smh:

Also in regards to negotiating these days, shoot for at least 10k over whatever you think you can get and ALWAYS request to work from home even if you don’t really care cuz you never know what kinda flexible schedule you might get…Jobs need you more than you need them in most cases

This needs to be stickied some where for everyone to remember.

Always have options in place. When you are desperate you tend to make mistakes. Work the job don’t let the job work you.

You will always get more money, incentives, etc on the open market than you will in your existing role. Long gone are the days that the expectation is to work for the same company for 40 years. If you got the right skills and know how to sell yourself you will flourish in this current market.

They not even ready for the overemployment conversation yet.

Being in HR I have seen this plenty of times. I know people are so surprised at this but this **** literally happens more often than you would think. Wrong of the recruiter to be bragging about this but also the candidate must have definitely been inexperienced and young. Salary negotiations are very uncomfortable for some people. I often tell people to do their market research on the position and also to find out what the positions salary range. Nothing wrong in asking what the range for the position. Often its in the job posting if not when you have your initial conversation you ask. I always do because I never want to waste their time or most importantly mine.

Both of these scenarios are wild. Especially 150k for an entry level position.

Around 09/10 My Classmates In College And I Were In A Program With IBM

That Pretty Much Was A Semester Long Interview To Be Offered A FT Job When You Graduated

Salary Ranged 70-100k+ In Some Cool Cities Like Austin/Phoenix/Reno/NYC/Charlotte No Experience.

Couldnt Imagine What Kids Now Get Offered But I Could See 120-150k

i used to have this job working for the u of m where I’d just copy blueprints off paper and put them into cad.

They always made a big deal about the computers. They were cray x1. Do you tech people know if they still use those these days?

Coworkers openly discussing their salaries needs to be normalized.

This, and applicants need to press recruiters and companies hiring for the budgeted salary range dependent on experience before agreeing to any interviews or giving them time. And if they get defensive or don’t want to answer that, there’s no point in wasting time entertaining them. I like that Colorado has to disclose salary in job ads. But it irks the hell out of me when companies post vague crap like “competitive wages”. Yeah they’re so competitive they gotta be intentionally discrete about them lmao.

But **** wasting time doing multiple interviews and investing time in that whole process only for them to lowball.

Back
Top Bottom