History of Air Jordan shoes information...

Whats up fam
I'm working on a "first day of school" presentation to show my 8th grade History students next week, and I have decided to do a powerpointpresentation and speech on the history of the Air Jordan.

I'm 26, and have all the personal memories, actual shoes to bring in, and basic info but I'm missing some statistical data to include in mypresentation. For example, what was the original retail price of the I, II, III, IV... etc. Wikipedia and other sites all seem to copy and paste the same infoand nobody has concrete information on those sites.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated! I could even send you guys the project when I'm finished should you want touse it in your classrooms as teachers or students.

Thanks in advance, and as always, keep it positive fam!

im 14 wish my 8 grade teachers did this but good luck sneaker files should have every thing u need

Your an 8th grade history teacher and your gonna show them a powerpoint about Jordans? Why not teach them something useful like a speech on a certain war or anevent?

all i learned in 8th grade was the civil war wish my teacher would have done a presentation on jordans

^^^ good ? ... The point of my project is to teach them the process of finding the "history" of any subject. Dates, resources, social and economicimpacts etc.... My plan is to have them to a "history" project on any subject they choose (history of the playstation, 49ers, pokemon, whatever...)that way they realize all the things that go into researching and evaluating a "historic event". Once they get that down, we can start with USHistory
smile.gif
(plus it's a good way to ease into the school year)

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Your an 8th grade history teacher and your gonna show them a powerpoint about Jordans? Why not teach them something useful like a speech on a certain war or an event?
LOL
id be nice to have a teacher like u,
but not everyone likes Air Jordans or will become sneakerheads or give a damn about what u said.
madd props tho

Your an 8th grade history teacher and your gonna show them a powerpoint about Jordans? Why not teach them something useful like a speech on a certain war or an event?

Obviously you know nothing about teaching. It's called engaging the students. It's supposed to help get them interested in learning, while at thesame time getting them used to doing projects. He's not going to talk about Jordans all year
smh.gif

Anyway, like others have said, try air-jordans.com or sneakerfiles.com

Good luck, rayray!

i'm pretty sure he is doing this to show that his class is not going to be super boring!!

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I'm missing some statistical data to include in my presentation.

post/pm what specific info u wanna know......
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

@ least explain 2 ur class that the 2's are whack and that any jay after the 7 is garbage except for the xx3 and that fusions and team jordans are NOT jays
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

also explain how most jays they see are bootleg and how to tell the difference.......

This is such a great idea. In 8th grade, I had a teacher who engaged us into learning by using major league baseball and music. These very public things makeIt a great way to transition a kid into having a good mental attitude for highschool. To be open. Plus Air Jordans are part of our American culture, they standfor something. One day it will all be in the history books.

sneakerfiles has good info and jumpman23.com also has solid background information about a lot of j's.
plus, if you read MJ's book, "Driven From Within", you'll find a lot of good info about the design and production process

This is a really cool idea and I wish you the best of luck with the outcome. I would really like to see the final product in the end.

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I'm missing some statistical data to include in my presentation.

post/pm what specific info u wanna know......
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

@ least explain 2 ur class that the 2's are whack and that any jay after the 7 is garbage except for the xx3 and that fusions and team jordans are NOT jays
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

also explain how most jays they see are bootleg and how to tell the difference.......

so just to clarify, 11s 12s 13s are garbage?

Back
Top Bottom