Hmmm...i dont get it, whats this fascination with everything European?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

laugh.gif

with the whole collapse of their economy over there I wonder if it will be cheaper to visit in the upcoming year or so... anyone have any insight into this?

[table][tr][td]1.00 EUR[/td][td]=[/td][td]1.32022 USD[/td][/tr][tr][td]Euro[/td][td] [/td][td]US Dollar[/td][/tr][tr][td]1 EUR = 1.32022 USD[/td][td] [/td][td]1 USD = 0.757450 EUR[/td][/tr][/table]

Don't think everything is cheaper because of the "crisis"...

Spain also has a better social care system than us so there "poor," generally have better conditions than are.  My boy spent a semester abroad in Spain last year and showed me what public housing was like there and it definitely was nicer than what we have here.  Plus, healthcare and the works etc.
Ninjahood, I actually think in terms of IQ your prolly a decently smart dude you just really need to expand your horizon.  Your main basis there for comparing cultures are looking at high end designer brands that are basically global entities and cars.  Those are such insignificant material measurements man.

I know your not a rich guy or anything, but you do have the benefit of being young, childless and single?  Why not sell some of that "Porsche money," and travel somewhere whether it is Europe/Latin America/Africa etc.  Life experiences you get from traveling are priceless experiences that  are much more valuable than "Da Foams."

Originally Posted by ninjahood

explain it....i cuz personally never gave a @#%$ too much other then a lil gucci & LV accessories here and there, they whips is cool but i like American whips just as much...da way some

people talk its like they swear we dont make anything good, last time i checked da red coats wasn't messing wit us.
eyes.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Most of the power structure and America's elite come from French, Italian or British countries "Milan" and "London"  and live in Manhattan NYC the fashion capital of America.
You can't see how it might trickle down the ladder of hierarchy to people who can't afford these goods but make them popular by purchasing them anyway?

America has always been "Import /Export" since it's conception, the "elite" would bring back furs and leathers from the motherland and the poor town folks would covet the material items
and wish to obtain them as a way to feel "less poor".

Originally Posted by JackieBoy

Not sure if you guys knew this..

Here in Europe if it's from Asia, N-America etc.. It's expensive and "hot".

Not sure if you guys across the pond knew this, but its the same way over here in America 
laugh.gif

But to answer Ninja's question, its because is foreign man. People want things from other places. It makes it seem "exotic" or "special". I can't lie, even I fall victim to it at times. I love Euro cars. 

American cars are all over the streets in america. People want something that stands out. They are drawn to it because it makes you feel like you're "fancy" 

Why are y'all talking about woman and economic conditions and all that? Ninjas question was just talking strictly material things.

everyone is hyped on places they never been.... regardless of where u live..

amesterdam is my dream location but the folks who live there probably think its a dump...

i live in NY which is the unoffical capital of the world.. i can go any and everywhere and still be impressed by what each place has to offer. i find beauty in 3rd world countries and see the ugly in the richest land ever known to man....

btw gucci and LV shouldnt be the standard for europeans... thats just ******ed... how about customs foods and *%#%%%.... America got Euro by a landslide outside tje auto industry....

I mean let's see what Europe has a comparative advantage in: wine, chocolate, luxury cars, watches, women's handbags. 
laugh.gif

I am not impressed. 

i buy what i like. don't matter if its from china, england, america, mexico or whatever if i like it than i would want to get that.
this whole buy strictly american or wherever is stupid. i don't even look at where something is from (although cars are obvious)

whoever said food is better in Europe.. huh? you're out of your mind. food there is extremely overpriced for small portions. not to mention that it's bland and flavorless compared to our cuisine because culturally Europeans aren't big fans of seasonings/spices.

as for women... i'll give that to Europe because our obesity rate is so high. even though their women aren't as diverse at least there aren't whales walking around everywhere.

European fashion is better. their cars are better. everything else goes to America.

You need to ask this to the American women. They sure have a fascination with us English guys and our accent..
pimp.gif

Because Americans suck. They don't care about the greater good. It's all about the individual.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

You need to ask this to the American women. They sure have a fascination with us English guys and our accent..
pimp.gif

i always wanted to use the word bloody in every sentence
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

whoever said food is better in Europe.. huh? you're out of your mind. food there is extremely overpriced for small portions. not to mention that it's bland and flavorless compared to our cuisine because culturally Europeans aren't big fans of seasonings/spices.
roll.gif

SON! Have you ever been to France, Spain or Italy? You must be trolling with this statement.

Ninja, you're always welcome to stay at mine if you ever visit England, I should warn you though ...the rest of the world hates us even more than they do you guys.

thekryptonite wrote:
pimp.gif

There's so many posers here in the city though. Some these guys come from rural areas where the family sheep sleeps in the living room next to family's drinking water. Then they come to America and buy some Thom Browne and  Alexander Olch and lay the accent on pretty thick like they're of aristocracy. I had to pick up a friend of mines in Red Hook cause she fell for this guy's load bologna, he stayed in a basement apartment and didn't have cab fare for her.  

pretty sure europeans feel the same way about american brands.

everything gotta be foreign if you really doin it
glasses.gif
)

Personally i think products from both sides are good. Never really bothered me

roll.gif

SON! Have you ever been to France, Spain or Italy? You must be trolling with this statement.
actually, France and Italy were the exact places i had in mind. have not been to Spain yet. but in general i've been consistently unimpressed with all the "fine European cuisine" i've had that's supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.. the whole flavor scheme is just always off to me, idk. 
maybe its because i grew up on ethnic foods my entire life .. i'm gonna go ahead and say there's a 99% chance you are white?

I love America. Some European countries happen to be better at producing certain products, but overall the quality of American products and innovation is vastly overlooked.

roll.gif

I've heard from multiple sources that Spanish food is downright poor, especially compared to Italian food which I've heard nothing but good things about. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom