HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Mods should’ve let the UA discussion thread stay open. Some good points made on both arguments. I’m inclined to believe they are the same thing assembled in different spots.

Some of the Jordan mods really do roll with their own sets of strange rules about what is or isn't acceptable. Drives me crazy. That thread was super informative. There was another informative discussion in another thread awhile back about NT's more UA friendly days that kept getting sniped by a couple of mods.

A part of my Merry Christmas to me pickups
04B742B1-178A-42AD-950B-354E87E0E84C.jpeg

Bro… Keep it a bean. They’re the same damn shoe at this point. :smh:

****’s wild… but I get it. Nike pretty much brought this on themselves.

word nike wanted to limit their production. factories started their own production line.

At this point, how could you even tell without being side by side with a legit pair...and even then? I'd be curious to see what that UA "air" feels like though.

11s reps(as far as GRs) are usually the only ones that are spot on. I feel like I can notice the flaws/discrepancies on almost every other model I've come across.

Im not into fakes, but that video is crazy. I always heard that fakes rarely went pass the shoe sizes of 13's and 14's, is that true? I heard that big footers never had problems with fakes, because the fake distributors rarely went up to those sizes. I was intrigued when I heard that multiple times from different people.

Not advocating for or saying I’m a fan of fakes, or reps, or UA, or any other term used for them.

Simply saying I could see how they’re more acceptable and “a thing” in this current age. Of course my 16/17year old self back in 2005 would never say such a thing. But as a 33 year old man in 2022 who’s seen what sneaker collecting has morphed into… I understand how some would be drawn to them. Nike’s business practices have played a hand in the rise of fakes. No way around that.

It doesn’t affect me, as I rarely ever buy kicks any more, but to the consumer who’s still trying to get shoes, and are coming up short because of bots, resellers, limited quantities, etc… I see how they’re drawn into that ua market. 🤷🏿‍♂️

11s reps(as far as GRs) are usually the only ones that are spot on. I feel like I can notice the flaws/discrepancies on almost every other model I've come across.
The suede is a dead give away, plus UV light. But if you’re buying online? It’s game over. So easy to get scammed if you aren’t actually holding the shoe to see if it’s fake.

But fake manufacturers have got really good at their trade over the past few years. They still haven’t got it down with Yeezy’s yet, but they are getting really close.

JB really did their thing with these, these are the best XI since the 2018 Concord in my opinion. The playoffs just weren’t quite what I expected after the job they did on the ‘cords the year before. Just don’t know why they can’t be consistent smh.

The suede is a dead give away, plus UV light. But if you’re buying online? It’s game over. So easy to get scammed if you aren’t actually holding the shoe to see if it’s fake.

But fake manufacturers have got really good at their trade over the past few years. They still haven’t got it down with Yeezy’s yet, but they are getting really close.
Less chance in my opinion to get scammed for a fake when buying online. Most platforms offer authenticity checks(will consider accuracy) and if they don't, they're usually a reputable source. Thought about getting a UV light just because(more than likely still will), but don't feel like it's a necessity.

At most you might get those IG/FB sellers who sell reps, but most of the time, the price is too good to be true so I don't usually bother.

Less chance in my opinion to get scammed for a fake when buying online. Most platforms offer authenticity checks(will consider accuracy) and if they don't, they're usually a reputable source. Thought about getting a UV light just because(more than likely still will), but don't feel like it's a necessity.

At most you might get those IG/FB sellers who sell reps, but most of the time, the price is too good to be true so I don't usually bother.
I was talking like Craigslist. There was a guy selling them for $250, I was like, no way. I asked him “how do I know if these are real”, and he just answers with “I have receipt”. I was like hell naw man he trippin. So then I asked where he got them, and he just replied, “footlocker”.

Then when I asked for close ups of the suede and the outsole, he didn’t respond. It’s been 4 days. :lol:

I have zero faith in Stock X, eBay or whoever’s “authenticity verifiers.” I know for a fact that I’ve got more experience with these sneakers over 25 years than these college kids they have doing these checks. If it’s tough for me than they don’t have a clue. It’s actually a joke. I think eBay uses the sneakercon verifiers and I’ve seen them in action lol. Buying from anywhere other than a retailer is gonna be a gamble. I honestly don’t buy 11’s or 1’s on the secondary market anymore because it’s just too risky.

I truly have no idea at this point. Here’s one of my pairs. Fake or legit? And does it even matter by now?

Attachments

• 5D9572F2-A916-411F-A566-8A7362A2E633.jpeg
    5D9572F2-A916-411F-A566-8A7362A2E633.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 69
  • C47427CB-467C-4918-97A2-377C3443C14C.jpeg
    C47427CB-467C-4918-97A2-377C3443C14C.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 432
  • 053FA984-1750-40EA-AC7E-7B7A94A09643.jpeg
    053FA984-1750-40EA-AC7E-7B7A94A09643.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 446
I have zero faith in Stock X, eBay or whoever’s “authenticity verifiers.” I know for a fact that I’ve got more experience with these sneakers over 25 years than these college kids they have doing these checks. If it’s tough for me than they don’t have a clue. It’s actually a joke. I think eBay uses the sneakercon verifiers and I’ve seen them in action lol. Buying from anywhere other than a retailer is gonna be a gamble. I honestly don’t buy 11’s or 1’s on the secondary market anymore because it’s just too risky.
I think eBay does a good job. GOAT is too dang expensive, and I wouldn't bet a dollar on anything StockX "verified".

11’s are my favorite model. They look and smell great. I even tried them on and they feel exactly like my 2018 Concords which I know are legit. I’m guessing my pairs are real but I’m crazy paranoid. If they are fake they are by far the best I’ve ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom