Holiday Potlucks & Parties at work............Unappreciation

mad.gif
mad.gif

I hate these things here at my job..

1. They consist of all older chatty woman, They either have children my age or Grandchildren in the same age group.
2. they are intensely boring , you sit around and look at each other.
3. the Halloween potluck sucked balls, They have a Halloween parade here where everyone dresses up and you walk around the building parading & showing offyour costume on some elementary school &@*^...... these fat heffers made desert's and the game was to judge the best desert or item brought.

you know what I brought ? I damn walked across the st and bought a Red Velvet Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory( got to love that 20% discount) , And I lostto some broad that made double chocolate double calorie infested desert.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I swear I saw this chick lick the knife that was used to cut the whole joint.
roll.gif
roll.gif

They are also verrry verryy pushed here to do events & such as these.

I got an email the day the thanksgiving potluck date was announced with a sign up sheet.

Week later , the " *%@ havent you signed up yet " email

yesterday, another email.

Today, the walk into my office to see if im interested meeting.

dont you get it ?? I dont want to join nor do I care.

Ive been in workplaces in the past which have great & successful holiday events such as rent out the Verizon center for the whole company or Rent out Dave& busters but this is def not poppin.

Sorry im just a bit vexed & i wanted to vent.

& dont worry, Ill save you the time

super_cool_story_bro.png

Not ay my job (NYU), so much food, drinks etc. Helps the week go by, its next week Tuesday, cant wait

my job xmas party is comin up soon...........open bar at a banquet hall with good food with cool co workers

Being that Im posting from my job, I cant really say what we do.

.....Good times.

i like sponsored parties at work. free food ftw
smile.gif

they usually have caterers...cheesecake, mac grill, panera etc...

JIM (the manager)

he gets hammered, dude loves sports (football + baseball) an family guy, has a family guy calendar in his office.

cool guy.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

verizon center? you live in DC?

yes.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

my job xmas party is comin up soon...........open bar at a banquet hall with good food with cool co workers

im super jealous, our christmas party will more than likely be at this marriot around my way, in the evning though so I will def miss out ( thank god)

I bartend anyway, Last thing I want to do is drink while not getting paid.

They don't bother me as much....We're going to be heavy w/ Potluck's this year because they canceled the holiday gatherings. ... A lot of companiesare going the Potluck route this year, as opposed to any external events. That's an expense at the end of the day...a measurable one at that.

My holiday parties used to be crackin' with open bar and full catered meals. Every since the economy crap, we had to resort to potlucks and not one everbrings anything nice. It's nothing but dorm food and some heated microwave stuff. Man I miss getting crunk at holiday functions.

Originally Posted by toast1985

They don't bother me as much....We're going to be heavy w/ Potluck's this year because they canceled the holiday gatherings. ... A lot of companies are going the Potluck route this year, as opposed to any external events. That's an expense at the end of the day...a measurable one at that.

true

this company im with has great benefits though.............even part time workers get xmas bonus

I love my job.. My boss takes us out to dinner at some fancy restaurant. Caviar, t-bone steaks, wine (I dont drink but the peeps here love it) and a nicerestaurant. FTW...

I feel you OP. I don't mind the catered ones but the potlucks be the worst, cuz there's pretty much two sides in my office; those that arent fake andthose that kiss a*s. And we dont really like each other and our habits. When we had a pet peeves discussion in one of our office meetings, fights nearly brokeout
laugh.gif
. And plus seeing how a lot of the men at my job don't wash their hands in the bathroom, I'll pass on eating their food.

Seeing your co-workers get a little bent off the egg nog though is hilarious.

We use to have potlucks and parties all the time @ my old job, while they can be boring @ times. You save money on lunch and you can milk the clock as much aspossible. It also helps to 'break up' the work week.

RL Treyce wrote:
Not ay my job (NYU), so much food, drinks etc. Helps the week go by, its next week Tuesday, cant wait

pimp.gif

Yup at my job they stay with the bottles,beer, and wine whenever we do stuff like this...

and it always starts around 2-3hrs before I get off!

Drinking while working is always appreciated

I just got the email for the company christmas party. I havent RSVP'd yet. I dont know if I wanna waste my time with people I work with. I see them morethan anyone else in my life. Seems pointless.

The joints at my job are just weak. We're having one for Thanksgiving next week and you have to pay 9 bones to eat food someone else cooked. No thanks,I'll carry on with lunch at my desk.

Back
Top Bottom