Hollywood actors, CEOs charged in nationwide college admissions cheating scam

Here's a snippet of the conversation between Lori and CW-1:
CW-1: If you ever, ever were to say anything.

Loughlin: So we, so we just — so we just have to say we made a donation to your foundation and that’s it, end of story.

CW-1: That is correct.

Loughlin: Okay.

CW-1: Terrific.

Loughlin: Okay.

CW-1: I just wanted to make sure I touched base because I didn’t want you –

Loughlin: Yeah.

CW-1: — to all of a sudden what — like what’s this call coming from.

Loughlin: Okay, yeah. Okay. Totally. All right. So— so that’s it. So it’s — it’s the IRS. It’s not anyone from USC, it’s the IRS.

CW-1: That is correct.

Loughlin: Okay. Very good

All in all it looks like they had a pipeline to all this aka an inside job/system. This is more than they’re making it out to be

Right? That doesn’t make sense AT ALL. That one boneheaded YouTube “celebrity” daughter of Lori Laughlin posted that vid of her being like “ lol, I start, like college in a few days or whatevs. I’m only interested in the game day experience and parties and like the college experience lol. I don’t really care about academics.”

moms paid out a half milli and is going to prison so her dumbass daughter could get a train ran on her by Delta Chi?? Makes no damb sense :lol:
She could've just signed up on NT and meet us at the next summit...

If people aren’t “surprised” why is it such a hot topic. If you knew it was already going on, been going on, and will continue to go on, i don’t understand the basis for the outcry now. If people are SOOOOO mad and knew it was happening, shouldn’t people have been mad and did something long time ago?

Y’all should boycot all these big corporations who donate to politicians/campaigns to get their way.
It's a hot topic because white people pretend like it didnt exist...

The meme that keeps on memeing.

8A4A66DE-56AF-4A8E-9081-9E6C53C41B2F.jpeg

I might be wrong but a huge part of me is confident rich people don't do this primarily in hopes that their children get a great education. It's to save face so they can tell all their other rich friends that their kids are going to a certain school, straight status type of deal. Honestly, it's been assumed stuff like this has been going on for generations so I'm not surprised at all.

Privilege is as real as racism. Some of these actors coming out and speaking out have me shaking my damn head because I know they knew this whole time how things go down.

I’m sure it’s a big chunk of their reasoning, but it’s also known that a bunch of these folks knew what each other was doing wanted to see if they were getting the same deal from the guy :lol:

If you read who the official was. He's the chairman of the board of trustees. Not sure what that even entails. But he donated a couple million in 2015, and now he's in charge of something at the school. Aunt Becky was backwards thinking this whole time. People should be on Olivia's yacht.

And her daughter ( the friend of Olivia's) goes to USC too. Wonder how she got in. There's a building named after your dad. Apparently she was deaf until age 15 and USC was there to help her out. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
I want to see these people do some time. But from reading the articles, they're all pointing towards they won't.

Hallmark Cuts Ties With Lori Loughlin Amid College Admission Scandal
rs_634x1024-190312142914-634-3-lori-loughlin.jpg

https://www.eonline.com/news/102369...-lori-loughlin-amid-college-admission-scandal

Hallmark has officially cut ties with Lori Loughlin following allegations of her involvement in the now infamous college cheating scheme.

"We are saddened by the recent news surrounding the college admissions allegations," Crown Media Family Networks said in a statement Thursday. "We are no longer working with Lori Loughlin and have stopped development of all productions that air on the Crown Media Family Network channels involving Lori Loughlin including Garage Sale Mysteries, an independent third party production."

Loughlin has appeared in a number of productions for Hallmark, including the TV series When Calls the Heart, which she's starred in since 2014. As for the future of When Calls the Heart, Crown Media Family Networks tells E! News that the show will not air on Sunday, March 17, adding, "We are evaluating all creative options related to When Calls the Heart series."

This news from Hallmark comes two days after Loughlin, actress Felicity Huffman and over 40 other individuals were charged in connection with an alleged college entrance exam scheme.

On Tuesday, March 12, E! News obtained court documents which show that both Huffman and Loughlin have been charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud.

rs_634x1024-190312142914-634-3-lori-loughlin.jpg

Gary Gershoff/Getty Images

According to the FBI affidavit, the scheme involved getting students admitted into elite colleges.

"Beginning in or about 2011, and continuing through the present, the defendants—principally individuals whose high-school aged children were applying to college—conspired with others to use bribery and other forms of fraud to facilitate their children's admission to colleges and universities in the District of Massachusetts and elsewhere, including Yale University, Stanford University, the University of Texas, the University of Southern California, and the University of California – Los Angeles, among others," the affidavit states.

On the same day that the news of the scheme broke, E! News confirmed that 13 defendants were taken into custody in the Los Angeles area, including defendant Huffman.

Loughlin's husband Mossimo Giannulli was arrested Tuesday morning without incident.

On Wednesday, Loughlin surrendered to the FBI and was taken into custody. She was later released on $1 million bond. The actress will be allowed to retain her passport for travel on a current project in British Columbia, her next court appearance will be in Boston Federal court on March 29.

rs_634x1024-190314115915-634-Olivia-Jade-Giannulli-Lori-Loughlin-Sephora-Event-LT-031419-GettyImages-1073368116.jpg

Gabriel Olsen/Getty Images for Sephora Collection

It's noted in the FBI affidavit, "The Guannullis agreed to a pay bribes totaling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC crew team—despite the fact that they did not participate in crew—thereby facilitating their admission to USC."

Loughlin and Giannulli have two daughters, Isabella Rose, 20, and YouTube star Olivia Jade, 19.

Last edited:
Sephora And TRESemmé Have Dropped YouTuber And Influencer Olivia Jade Amid The College Admissions Cheating Scandal
Lori Loughlin's daughter had enthusiastically announced her make-up collaboration in a YouTube vlog posted just four months ago.

sub-buzz-24060-1552590519-3.png

Olivia Jade / YouTube / Via youtube.com

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tanyachen/sephora-has-dropped-olivia-jade

Sephora has officially ended its partnership with Olivia Jade Giannulli, the 19-year-old YouTuber and daughter of Lori Loughlin, who's at the center of the nationwide college admissions cheating scam.

In a statement to BuzzFeed News, the makeup giant said that "after careful review of recent developments, we have made the decision to end the Sephora Collection partnership with Olivia Jade."

The decision is effective immediately, and the collaborative products have seemingly already been pulled from the company's website.

Following Sephora's announcement, Unilever's TRESemmé told BuzzFeed News that they have ended their relationship with the teen YouTuber as well.

"TRESemmé is no longer working with Olivia Jade Giannulli," a rep for the hair care company said in a statement.

While it's unclear if the partnership had been ongoing, Giannulli posed with TRESemmé products as recently as February 13 for a sponsored Instagram post.

Giannulli's partnership with Sephora to create her own custom pressed powder palette was also relatively short-lived. The teen announced the collaboration only in December of last year with a YouTube video on her channel.

Titled "OLIVIA JADE X SEPHORA COLLECTION (holy sh*t)," Giannulli shows fans the final Sephora palette product and walks them through the creation and color selection process.

"Oh my god, they're perfect," she recorded herself reacting to her own Sephora palette.

Earlier this week, Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, were indicted for allegedly paying $500,000 in bribes to get their two daughters into USC as recruits for the crew team. The complaint alleges that neither Giannulli nor her sister played the sport.

The teen's other sponsorships in question include Amazon, Dolce & Gabbana, Lulus, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics, Smile Direct Club, Too Faced Cosmetics, Clinique, and Princess Polly.

It appears the product page for Giannuli's collaboration with Princess Polly, an Australian-based clothing company, has been pulled down. BuzzFeed News has since reached out to Princess Polly.

BuzzFeed News has also reached out to companies with suspected ongoing deals with the influencer. We did not immediately hear back from Giannulli for comment.

Back
Top Bottom