Hollywood actors, CEOs charged in nationwide college admissions cheating scam

It’s super messed up but hilarious at the same time. One girl had never rowed Crew before and she has a profile pic on a schools website of her on the upright row machine at some local gym :lol: :lol:

The ultimate fool wylin
Good lawd lol. Girl never touched water and beat out hundreds if not thousands for the scholarship she got

I hope you're not serious.

I mean as in how stupid it is but it actually worked for a bit. Like the Tanya Harding knee attack scheme. How dumb all those dudes involved were, but it actually went through. Crazy like that, nah mean?

But support for McDowell dropped off after she was arrested by Bridgeport police in June and charged with selling marijuana and crack cocaine on two occasions to an undercover police officer outside her Dover Street home. Police said McDowell even interrupted her 6-year-old son's birthday to sell the drugs.
He chose to stray from the parole board’s recommendation. Gov. John Kasich instead used his executive clemency authority to reduce the felony offenses of the Akron mother in the school district switching case.

Kelley Williams-Bolar was convicted in January 2011 of two felony records tampering charges. The Akron mother lied and used her father’s address to illegally enroll her two daughters into the Copley-Fairlawn School District and spent nine days in jail.

“When I first heard about this situation, it seemed to me that the penalty was excessive for the offense. In addition, the penalty could exclude her from certain economic opportunities for the rest of her life. So, today I’ve reduced those felony convictions to what I think are the more appropriate, first degree misdemeanors. No one should interpret this as a pass. It’s a second chance,” said Kasich, in a news release.

Good lawd lol. Girl never touched water and beat out hundreds if not thousands for the scholarship she got
That's what I don't get. They could award a scholarship without the coaching staff or any of the other athletes saying anything when they realize that person ain't ****? Idk how sports scholarships work. Don't you have to attend events and practice to maintain the scholarship?

My boy William H playing dumb when it comes to this scandal :lol: :lol:
MeaslyBeneficialGourami-max-1mb.gif

But for real, this is the craziest scandal ever.

-Some parents paying 1.5 MIL for their daughter to get into Yale

-coaches getting 500k straight cash from one parent

-dude owns 2 SAT testing sites where he paid a proctor to fix scores on tests. Dude would take the test from the student, and fill in the right answers

-students getting accepted as walk ons having NEVER EVEN PLAYED THOSE SPORTS

Like come on son, do you know how good The USC water polo team is? 14 national championships. You think being the child of a well know actor in Hollywood NOBODY would notice you made the USC water polo team? You think not one newspaper would check on that? Literally these dumbass parents just said “hmmmm yeah water polo, put me down for that, nobody will notice for sure.” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s so much money also. 500 grand from felicity Huffman is a hell of a lot straight cash. Like if Burger King paid them that much to do a nude calendar, they’d do it in a heartbeat, but they’re paying that much just so Timmy or Becky can go to football games and join a Greek fraternity?? Crazy.

Local news in LA mention that USC water polo coach has more chips than John wooden, 14 mens and women’s combined. Canned on the spot, wild.

I think that the proctor of the SAT getting bought out is a really big issue going under the radar. The SAT is basically the only exam for college entrance, this scandal makes them and all college admissions funny in the light. And for how long? I took the SAT in ‘02 were me and my classmates compromised in any way...?

Edit: 14 chips not 16

That's what I don't get. They could award a scholarship without the coaching staff or any of the other athletes saying anything when they realize that person ain't ****? Idk how sports scholarships work. Don't you have to attend events and practice to maintain the scholarship?

Couldn’t they just make up some BS scholarship to get her in without involving athletics? Like some “Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence” type thing.

Cot damn. Dude was CAKING

Parents paid Mr. Singer about $25 million from 2011 until February 2019 to bribe coaches and university administrators to designate their children as recruited athletes, which effectively ensured their admission, according to the indictment

Hole up wait one got dambed minute. 12 years for sending child out of district. How in the **** does that happen?
Well not quite the same but I lived in the suburbs but I went to a school in Philadelphia. So my mom essentially had to pay city taxes for me to go there. So I’m guessing she’s defrauding the school district for sending a kid there and not paying taxes

College bashers, y’all go to college?
The only reason I have over 100 credits is because the VA paid for it and it paid me to go.

I dont make that much but I make more than most. I studied for my A+ and N+ took both test within a week of eachother...

Picked my self up by my boot straps and started with a low paying gig... doubled my salary 4 months later.

People receiving full ride athletic scholarships for sports they’ve never paid is. hilariously sad. Imagine putting in all that work for years to lose scholarship money to someone who paid for it and will never participate :lol:

Wow
Don't think they were getting schollies. They had to put participation in sports on their apps to look more appealing and give the coach an avenue to recommend them. It said "preferred walkon" in one article or something to the effect of "potential recruit". Once they were on campus and parents were paying the tuition they weren't around the sports team.

While we're on the topic of inequality...

It's also something I noticed that's extremely common in the corporate world as well, that being nepotism.

New position gets opened up for a certain department, resumes flood in the second the posting hits the careers site, but in all actuality the hiring manager of that department has already slated a family member, a family member of a coworker, or a personal friend for the position regardless of the quality of applicants in the pool and complies with the process so they stay in accordance of HR policy...

Working for a F500 in an off-campus building with only a staff of 30 I saw this 4 times with just a staff of 30 man; Its crazy to me thinking about how many people get passed up simply due to associations. It's been one of the most obvious cases of white privilege to me as an adult.
Lol, I got my homie a job within a week of the job posting... it was 1000s of applicants... I know the HR chick...

Anything that can be swayed by money is swayed by money. It's just a matter of if they get caught or not.
Parents going to prison to get the child in a different School?! Throw the whole country away.

Were you scamming on my Notre Dame girls?

Used to sneak into their dances after they closed the doors; usually one of my friends that went early would open up a side door for me and my other boys :lol:

I hated 90% of the people in that whole private high school scene though. Usually I just kicked it with my friends that went to Silver Creek/EVHS

My family moved to Evergreen side of SJ when most of it was undeveloped (early 2000s) so at the time Silver Creek had the reputation of being a hood school (vs now where all the rich kids from the neighborhoods up the street go there). My local choices in 2003 were either that or do a special program at Andrew Hill (which was 100x worse) so my parents forced me to go to a private school

Last edited:
Don't think they were getting schollies. They had to put participation in sports on their apps to look more appealing and give the coach an avenue to recommend them. It said "preferred walkon" in one article or something to the effect of "potential recruit". Once they were on campus and parents were paying the tuition they weren't around the sports team.

The thought of them tweaking stock sports photos with faces cropped on or setting up legit photo shoots with kids in uniforms that didn't even belong to them is hilarious to me.

Couldn’t they just make up some BS scholarship to get her in without involving athletics? Like some “Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence” type thing.
They could have but they gave athletic scholarships so some of these kids. Idk how they could have kept them without a bunch of the people in athletics being involved but what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom