Home Audio Question

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for and need some advice -

I want an receiver/amplifier that can power two solid floor tower speakers for my main entertainment center (and maybe a sub, if needed). I'm not interested in surround sound, just something that will put out good power to support two good front speakers. I really don't need AM/FM or a lot of the other crap that other receivers may do.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm looking for? It seems that the receivers have a bunch of crap on em that I really don't need and also end up underpowered.

I'm no expert, but you might want to look into mid-fi components.  They feature specs and pricing that fall between entry level and hi-fi equipment.  I've had good experiences with Crutchfield - they have real time chat.

Check out the Harman Kardon, Denon receivers or maybe Klipsch. These are all great receivers/amplifiers but also are pretty pricey. If you want something less expensive, Samsung Kenwood and Sony also make decent Receivers. These days most if not all already come with the AM/FM HDMI, and all that good stuff. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom