Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

About 6 weeks out from closing . We got lucky in the Nashville market and signed before it got really crazy here

we built in 2018 and have a decent amount of equity. Feeling very fortunate and hoping we can sell our current home with ease
C2996267-8A8F-4762-A844-78D926B8DE12.jpeg
F145ABF2-51A1-49A8-9AF5-1512CD5D63B2.jpeg
110B588C-3374-43ED-8E0D-48E95BAF15D2.jpeg
AD3F9DB4-4272-467C-BA4E-1C9792594F75.jpeg

^ i know it sounds like i am wasting everyones time lol... but at the end of the day i need to be happy and this is a HUGE investment so of course i want to be sure this is what i want...but this is also a learning experience for me... i never bought a home so im learning as i go... but i dont regret not buying the homes i won an offer on... if the deal falls through there was a reason for it...at the end of the day i need to stop rushing and bidding on the first thing i see... but trust me when i say this if i win this house i am buying it and not backing out...
You should get a reality show, I bet your dating life is hilarious…
Got a girlfriend, a wife on the side, couple of fiancé’s, a tinder date tonight…

^ my realtor just hit me up and my offer of 20k over top of listing has to be revised to take out the escalation clause and basically waive the inspection... i really like the place a lot and it looks really nice but should i over look the inspection? if i dont then no offer and basically go back to the old place which i can just renovate but has no garage or backyard smh

^ my realtor just hit me up and my offer of 20k over top of listing has to be revised to take out the escalation clause and basically waive the inspection... i really like the place a lot and it looks really nice but should i over look the inspection? if i dont then no offer and basically go back to the old place which i can just renovate but has no garage or backyard smh
What kind of condition is the house in? What are the ages of roof and major systems?

I’m generally pretty much against waiving inspections, but in this market it kind of is what it is if it’s a really good/desirable property.

the house is from 1993 and the roof looks good... i wasnt exactly examining it because i was so focused on the inside which is really nice... but it must be desirable because they are still showing the house since Wednesday is the last offer so ill find out that night im thinking... my lawyer said id advise against it but in this market a lot of people are doing it...im thinking it cant be anything more than 5000 at worst for something inside that has to be fixed for inspections... its a condo not a house thats why i have that thought process...but at worst id have to pay for repairs if theres something bad inside

An escalation clause AND skip inspection???
I recommend to pass on it.
The mortgage or title holder can say when ever they want to escalate whatever is due on the mortgage or raise interest(increase on payments) rates just because there's a "clause."

I'll also wouldnt skip an inspection unless your certain about the history or upkeep on a home. Most folks that skip inspection either know the builder, personally know the history of that property, or plan on renovating anyway.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn’t waive an inspection especially not for that old of a place but I’ve heard it’s common in this market. For an almost 30 year old place I’d pass if I couldn’t get an inspection especially 20k over list. Just doesn’t seem like a good deal, I’d ask the age on that, the a/c, need to know about electrical and plumbing as well.

the house is from 1993 and the roof looks good... i wasnt exactly examining it because i was so focused on the inside which is really nice... but it must be desirable because they are still showing the house since Wednesday is the last offer so ill find out that night im thinking... my lawyer said id advise against it but in this market a lot of people are doing it...im thinking it cant be anything more than 5000 at worst for something inside that has to be fixed for inspections... its a condo not a house thats why i have that thought process...but at worst id have to pay for repairs if theres something bad inside
If it's the sellers thought to skip inspection, IMO the sellers are refraining from disclosing a repair that needs attention.

But so are they against hiring your own inspector?

If it's the sellers thought to skip inspection, IMO the sellers are refraining from disclosing a repair that needs attention.

I think that may or may not be true. They could be doing it because things are hit now, they’ve got multiple offers and to cut down on time.

Nah, sellers in this market just want the cleanest offer with the least amount of contingencies as possible.

Inspections and appraisals are just added roadblocks for sellers. Why make things more difficult if you don't necessarily have to?

they said they want to close in September which is pretty aggressive with September being next week coming up...so closing would be end of September im guessing... but its an information only inspection... meaning i can get an inspection but cant get out the contract because of the inspection.... its for my information where i do the repairs at a later date with the seller having no obligation whatsoever

Yeah so here in MD you can either use the normal property inspections addendum (which basically isn't ever getting used because of how competitive the market is right now) or the As-Is addendum. On the As-Is addendum you are able to check off to either do As Is Without Inspections, or As Is WITH Inspections and Right To Terminate.

For a seller you want to see that As Is Without Inspections. Sometimes buyers are still getting lucky and getting the latter so they can at least get an opportunity to inspect.

they said they want to close in September which is pretty aggressive with September being next week coming up...so closing would be end of September im guessing... but its an information only inspection... meaning i can get an inspection but cant get out the contract because of the inspection.... its for my information where i do the repairs at a later date with the seller having no obligation whatsoever
Gotcha... makes more sense now.

I just signed the offer.... yep I am rolling the dice but I love the place... we'll see what happens tomorrow night is last offers so I'll get an answer hopefully tomorrow night

I just signed the offer.... yep I am rolling the dice but I love the place... we'll see what happens tomorrow night is last offers so I'll get an answer hopefully tomorrow night

Honestly it should be fine. Most buyers in the Nashville market right now are waiving all contingencies, including inspection.

Anyone here have experience buying property, specifically condos in San Francisco?

My boy from college is a real estate agent over there. Dude is posting about selling ninjahood sized 2 bedroom apartments for 800000 on Facebook. That's all I know about the market out there

A condo across from me just finished renovation and is being listed for $330k. :wow:

Mind you I bought my condo for $252k last summer and the most I seen the bottom unit condos in my neighborhood go for is $275k-300k. :lol:

A condo across from me just finished renovation and is being listed for $330k. :wow:

Mind you I bought my condo for $252k last summer and the most I seen the bottom unit condos in my neighborhood go for is $275k-300k. :lol:

Where do you live? Has the area gone through enhancements? Has people from certain socio-economic classes began to move in? What's the average size of each unit? What's maintenance cost? Are there any rules needed to be followed by a board?

Prices of condos have seemingly been on the rise for quite some time now, considering interest rates are rock bottom.

Back
Top Bottom