595B99B1-0917-4A8A-8FEE-1BA79EF5C7FE.jpeg

D7F1B8CC-ACA7-47C9-AFE4-BC011D5E804E.jpeg

Before and after wife and I painted our door
Where’d you get the wreath?

I hate the color of my door, it's
595B99B1-0917-4A8A-8FEE-1BA79EF5C7FE.jpeg

D7F1B8CC-ACA7-47C9-AFE4-BC011D5E804E.jpeg

Before and after wife and I painted our door

I really like the blue The door my place got built with is yellow. I don't like it but I don't feel strongly about it enough to change it. The two other units getting built have white doors. My place was the model for the development so I had no choices in what they put in there. :lol:

Last edited:
I hate the color of my door, it's

I really like the blue The door my place got built with is yellow. I don't like it but I don't feel strongly about it enough to change it. The two other units getting built have white doors. My place was the model for the development so I had no choices in what they put in there. :lol:

Thanks man the white was killing me if you get spare time it’s well worth the paint

Yeah what’s up? Our project was 14k or so

Breaking ground on backyard Reno today and figuring out if I should sod or due fake grass for the kids. We go to del amo and they love the fake stuff. I like it cause I’m cheap. I don’t want to spend on sprinklers or grass stains, plus the bugs…only thing is we have raccoons and don’t know if it’s safe with their dirty asses or if they’ll tear it up.

Breaking ground on backyard Reno today and figuring out if I should sod or due fake grass for the kids. We go to del amo and they love the fake stuff. I like it cause I’m cheap. I don’t want to spend on sprinklers or grass stains, plus the bugs…only thing is we have raccoons and don’t know if it’s safe with their dirty asses or if they’ll tear it up.

We love it - we are gone most of the year so nothing to maintain and can just hose it down. Highly recommend (and I really thought I would do sod).

Neighbor has turf in their backyard which makes me jealous. Wife wants to keep it as grass leaving me to figure out how to maintain it during droughts, deal with pet spots, etc. I liked the idea of grass until going through my first drought as a home owner.

I think the upfront cost turns most people away... It's pretty damn pricey...

But the super duper low maintenance and water saving cost should sway you in the right direction.... Plus it'll ALWAYS look good....

I think the upfront cost turns most people away... It's pretty damn pricey...

But the super duper low maintenance and water saving cost should sway you in the right direction.... Plus it'll ALWAYS look good....

Yeah 2 of our friends both decided to get it after we did.

On another note - we are getting a new roof right now, another fun expense

One of Wisconsin’s largest land developers is very bullish build-to-rent

Between 350k and 475k is a “dark zone” w/ few homes available. BTR addresses those looking to buy in that range

Core Space’s Dovetail product is another BTR case study

For those with tenants or rentals, I need some help/advice.

I've lived in South Beach Miami for about 8 months. Know the AirBnb laws and proximities to beach, tourists, shops, dining etc. I've been eying an AirBnb unit there to own for quite some time now. There are laws where having an AirBnB is illegal on certain streets, but at the same time I stayed in AirBnbs that were illegal so I'm not sure exactly how the owner got away with it come tax season.

Anyway, would something like this be enticing for those that rent/flip/etc? This is a prime location, and for something like this you can get 3-4k per month (on AirBnb) depending on the season.

But there is currently a tenant already here. The rent they're paying is 1700/m and basically covers all the maintenance/mortgage/property management fees.

Just wondering would this be a good investment property since there is a tenant already here and you're not making any profits? Basically its paying itself off until tenant leaves.

For those with tenants or rentals, I need some help/advice.

I've lived in South Beach Miami for about 8 months. Know the AirBnb laws and proximities to beach, tourists, shops, dining etc. I've been eying an AirBnb unit there to own for quite some time now. There are laws where having an AirBnB is illegal on certain streets, but at the same time I stayed in AirBnbs that were illegal so I'm not sure exactly how the owner got away with it come tax season.

Anyway, would something like this be enticing for those that rent/flip/etc? This is a prime location, and for something like this you can get 3-4k per month (on AirBnb) depending on the season.

But there is currently a tenant already here. The rent they're paying is 1700/m and basically covers all the maintenance/mortgage/property management fees.

Just wondering would this be a good investment property since there is a tenant already here and you're not making any profits? Basically its paying itself off until tenant leaves.

I’ve never bought with tenant-in but you just have to think of the size of the prize. After they leave how hard will it be getting someone new in, can you put their rent up next year, would you AIRBNB, etc?

If those move the needle I would grab it

I’ve never bought with tenant-in but you just have to think of the size of the prize. After they leave how hard will it be getting someone new in, can you put their rent up next year, would you AIRBNB, etc?

If those move the needle I would grab it

Strictly looking to AirBNB. Checked the AirBNB rates for that exact area and you can get double the current rent without having it booked all month.

i would also look into finding out out how long that tenant plans to stay

Lease ends in June 2022 per listing.

I frequently buy places with tenants already in.

Honestly it's easier to get it approved with the bank if there is already someone there. Otherwise you have to prove that you can get xyz for rent.

With a place like south Beach I could see being cool with very little profit. You know the place is going to continue appreciating in value. If 1700 covers mortgage, taxes, insurance, maintenance etc it's not a bad play.

Obviously you'd like to make something but even allowing them to finish the lease isn't the worst thing in the world.

There may even be a provision that allows you to boot them upon purchase in their lease (super common).

If you end up needing to turn it into an Airbnb quickly after the purchase just tell the tenant you need it for your home. They can't really fuss over that. Imo if they wanted it that bad they'd have bought it.

Back
Top Bottom