Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

IMO we will not see a 25% dip like we have seen with crypto and stocks. People don’t need to purchase those things - people have to have somewhere to live and there is still a housing shortage in many markets. Whatever dip there may be will likely be offset by the increased interest rates. Hopefully rates go back down in a few years and these people can refi.

I agree with you here. There is not enough new construction in many markets

p3k8jwyxv0691.jpg

Looking to get solar panels. You guys have? I’m looking at Tesla solar 4.8.
Im in cali.
I got a quote from Tesla and they were trying to tell me I needa do like 20k in roofing repairs. I just bought the house and had 2 roofing contractors come before them to do repairs.. Ended up getting a few other Solar quotes and going with a local company. With the 30% federal tax credit, it's a good idea to buy out-right if you can.

Yeah that makes sense then, worst case scenario you just pay it off and don’t get crushed with interest.

My rate is so low I’m just paying a little extra. No sense in parting with the cash.

doing a final walkthrough and key collection with a tenant today thats leaving

i have my checklist but i haven't done one in forever, any tips?

i was thinking of waiting 14 days to give em back their security deposit, they are also leaving halfway during the month so i guess i'll prorate it and give em half da money back

i was thinking of waiting 14 days to give em back their security deposit, they are also leaving halfway during the month so i guess i'll prorate it and give em half da money back
Make sure you know your city / county / state laws. I was on the other end of this in a previous rental unit, where the landlord told me "all is good" during the walk through, and then never sent back my security deposit. I found via research that Colorado has a triple-damages law where if the landlord doesnt provide you with an itemized list, you can sue in small claims court for triple your security deposit.

So in my case I didn't even go after triple, though I should have. I just wanted my money back, which he reluctantly had to provide. Like 2 years later, he called and left a voicemail that said "you're a ****ing *** hole." and hung up.

Make sure you know your city / county / state laws. I was on the other end of this in a previous rental unit, where the landlord told me "all is good" during the walk through, and then never sent back my security deposit. I found via research that Colorado has a triple-damages law where if the landlord doesnt provide you with an itemized list, you can sue in small claims court for triple your security deposit.

So in my case I didn't even go after triple, though I should have. I just wanted my money back, which he reluctantly had to provide. Like 2 years later, he called and left a voicemail that said "you're a ****ing *** hole." and hung up.
You was rent free in mans head for 2 years

Gawdamnn

Been seeing a lot of cookie cutter new builds around me.. all white with black trim
They aren’t bad but they all look the same

Wife and Bought a mother/daughter home last year. We listed the upstairs apartment online and and found a tenant. Used Rentspree to run a background check/ income verification.

Best bet to get a lease done is to hit up a lawyer or are there sites that you can pay to have one created?

This is related to that "Chappelle is anti affordable housing" bs where the developer only designated like 3 out of 100+ lots as affordable housing.

I have had a Nest... sitting in the box for like a year and a half now. My recent $430 power bill suggests I really should hook it up soon... cool roof isnt saving my anything far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom