Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Need to replace a few cabinet doors. Was thinking about purchasing these unfinished MDF cabinet doors:
88D90837-1092-40C2-A5D5-0D0FE72E9C48.png

and want to make them look like this:
B23BCA7A-85CF-42D3-A717-D6AD857B76CF.jpeg

Any idea how? Those are also MDf cabinets from Ikea so it seems possible. No idea what that color is or if it’s a stain etc.

Need to replace a few cabinet doors. Was thinking about purchasing these unfinished MDF cabinet doors:
88D90837-1092-40C2-A5D5-0D0FE72E9C48.png

and want to make them look like this:
B23BCA7A-85CF-42D3-A717-D6AD857B76CF.jpeg

Any idea how? Those are also MDf cabinets from Ikea so it seems possible. No idea what that color is or if it’s a stain etc.
why not just buy natural wood shaker panels and stain them? That ikea panel looks to be faux rip sawn white oak!

why not just buy natural wood shaker panels and stain them? That ikea panel looks to be faux rip sawn white oak!

Thanks. Seems like cabinet doors are mostly MDF from what i’m looking online. I think i’m just going to get a cabinet guy to come out seeing as the doors are about $350 for a pair of 2 anyways..

Anybody have any clue how much it would be to tear down a two car garage and put up a three car?

Trying to decide if I even want to start getting estimates or just leave it.

Thanks. Seems like cabinet doors are mostly MDF from what i’m looking online. I think i’m just going to get a cabinet guy to come out seeing as the doors are about $350 for a pair of 2 anyways..
Bruh do you google? Google “Cabinet Fronts” !!!

Thank me later!!!!

wish I was more liquid so I can buy a house cash and use it as a savings bond.

People are getting some good deals around here.
I had this EXACT mindset for many years. Obv. not sure what your exact situation/resources is/are but I will say that there are MANY strategies that can get you started with much less than one might imagine.

I def look back at some missed opportunities to create real wealth for myself knowing what I know now. Don't miss out because of a limited mindset.

I haven't seen a decent deal around me yet.

Not even close to pre pandemic and with the current interest, it was better to buy during pandemic and pay the extra premium.

He was very vague, demo could mean alot of things. In some areas they use "gut" and "demo" interchangeably.

Yeah I got companies coming out to look next week. It’s too broad of a question.

I don’t want to move and my house doubled in value so now I got a little money to play with in this house. I’d rather make it what I want then spend 500k and move to the burbs.

I’m seriously thinking about selling my lil condo now since it doesn’t seem like the current trend is going to change anytime soon

I live by the water in so cal so the value should hold over the years but I feel like I could still sell at a relative killing before things go way down for sellers. Pocket and bank the money and then rent for now

I’m at the 2 year mark so I would avoid capital gains

I received a check for 19,836.50 from chase because I paid a surplus on mg escrow account. Taxes went down apparently, still not 100 percent sure what any of it means but Im going to cash the check before they change their mind.
Same thing happened to us but not for 19k. That's crazy. Mortgage company overestimated our property taxes and lowered our escrow payments which effectively lowered our mortgage payments. Trying to get PMI removed now based on the latest appraisal. If that happens our mortgage payment will be $600 less what it originally was when the mortgage started almost 2 years ago. Putting it toward principle and hopefully cut this 30yr mortgage down to 20yr.

A 20k over payment to your escrow account is wild. I wonder if it's been stacking up for years.
100% unless he has multiple properties. Banks scrub the eacrow account yearly, don't even know how this is possible. I have gotten a few hundred bucks here and there before but 19k seems insane.

If taxes went down then property values in the area probably went down as well. At least that's what they tell me when my taxes go up. Now if the banks estimate was off by 19k :rofl:

Actually my house went up from my purchase of 515000 to currently being sold for 750000+. So i dont think thats it. Its a new build the other townhouses around me are still being completed.

I vaguely remember them saying the property tax situation where I live is weird and may change.

Back
Top Bottom