Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

I'm just a lurker. Why?
Housing market is looking like a prize fighter in the 10th or 11th round.

Recession is looming if not already here (we are in a recession no matter what the feds say).

Interest rates are high as **** and market slow down began a couple months ago in many markets.

We are already seeing something we haven't seen a ton of in the last 2 years with for sale prices dropping. Unless you find "the perfect house". It's not a bad idea to sit it out and see how things shake out over the next 6 months.

I personally was in an expensive lease and my mortgage might be 200 bucks more than I'm paying to rent currently so it was a no brainer at 5% down. Plus I'm trying to lock in a GREAT school district for my son. Had everything else been out of sync I probably would've just waited it out. Cash is definitely your friend in a down market.

Hope this helps my lurker friend. Don't be afraid to ask questions, this is a safe space and although we might go back and forth from time to time I truly believe most of the regulars in here only want to help others and share their experiences/ insight.

Cash is king in this down market - wealth is made in a recession boys
I know you on the indie side but for my workers out there don't be afraid to up those 401k contributions for a while as well.

Buy low sell high is still the name of the game.

Since this duplex is a personal residence I was able to find a 5% down payment program with a local bank. I took an ARM since the rates are currently lower than the fixed rates. Hoping once my remodel is done and rates settle I can refi into a 30.

Until then I'm keeping cash on hand. I need another 4 unit next year.
Surprised a seller took your offer serious with only 5% down :lol:

Surprised a seller took your offer serious with only 5% down :lol:
We made a cash offer. Switched financing at last minute... Don't sleep we still playing to win out here.

I had 30 days to close and a long list of loan officers at my disposal.

Not gonna front though this **** was stressful and it helped that I had friends with considerable cash on hand reserves.

We made a cash offer. Switched financing at last minute... Don't sleep we still playing to win out here.

I had 30 days to close and a long list of loan officers at my disposal.

Not gonna front though this **** was stressful and it helped that I had friends with considerable cash on hand reserves.
Just messing with you dude :lol:

q0ut3x8wcat91.jpg

Are prices dropping? Everything seems to be staying the same here in Florida. Less people moving due to interest rates seems to have kept inventory down which has kept prices the same.

Are prices dropping? Everything seems to be staying the same here in Florida. Less people moving due to interest rates seems to have kept inventory down which has kept prices the same.
Prices sellers are listing have fallen due to interest rates, but the cost to buyers has gone up due to interest rates.

Prices at the peak of the bubble were better.

Sure my down payment might be less now, but I’m not tryna pay an extra 1.5-2k per month

i’m so glad we got the crib. Now just gotta pay it down over the next 5 years hope rates really drop randomly sometime over the next 5 and enjoy the benefits. Feels so good paying into an asset instead of into rent.

Back
Top Bottom