Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Where are u located? My brother does paver work and from my limited knowledge 26k seems like a lot
Near Denver. You know you washed when you spend your Sunday mornings clipping ads from those home improvement magazines :lol: Glad I did though.

Side note: Got PMI removed from the mortgage payment. Still crazy to me our mortgage has dropped $600 in less than 2 years between this and the escrow reduction. Could’ve got the bigger house I wanted but happy where we are at.

c62g6zvpzxu91.jpg

Near Denver. You know you washed when you spend your Sunday mornings clipping ads from those home improvement magazines :lol: Glad I did though.

Side note: Got PMI removed from the mortgage payment. Still crazy to me our mortgage has dropped $600 in less than 2 years between this and the escrow reduction. Could’ve got the bigger house I wanted but happy where we are at.
How did you go about removing pmi?

Contacted the mortgage company, they sent a PMI removal request form. Paid their appraisal fee, an appraiser came out and took pics. And that was it.

Had the house appraised a few weeks earlier for a HELOC so I knew we had more than 20% equity based on appreciation alone.

This is a great idea!

This is a great idea!
Just check comp sales in your area. Market is cooling but still a very good chance you are sitting on a decent amount of equity if you bought prior to 2021.

This is our first house so learning a lot on the fly. Once I saw houses going for nearly double what we paid a year prior I knew there had to be a financial opportunity somewhere that didn’t involve selling.

my wife and I lived out of our single car for a few months when we first got together.

Picked up 2 jobs a piece while we were doing it, too. Crashing at peoples houses when we could.

It sucked. As a homeowner now, I can’t imagine selling my house to go back to a glorified version of what that was.

my wife and I lived out of our single car for a few months when we first got together.

Picked up 2 jobs a piece while we were doing it, too. Crashing at peoples houses when we could.

It sucked. As a homeowner now, I can’t imagine selling my house to go back to a glorified version of what that was.
What city and what kind of car?

My friend lives in a toy hauler. :lol:

That thing is nice though and has everything you need. She travels putting up wind farms for work though so it makes sense. She gets stuck in the worst places.

I'm glad not to end up in such a predicament. I did however lived a few months with relatives when my folks went away.

That van is sick. I wonder why they only did 50g wastewater and 75 fresh?

Just dump it on the ground I guess. :lol:

Ameren still has "flipped the switch" to connect my panels to the grid, so they have been on my roof for a month... not generating power. Now I have an electric bill and a payment for these panels. I am gonna fight this bill because they did not meet the deadline for switching it over but its probably a losing battle. At least its under $300 this month.

Back
Top Bottom