Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Was it $250 total for all 13 outlets? If so, then yea thats a no brainer.

I thought he was saying $200-250 per outlet

250 total for all outlets and changing the light switches 3 of them would be dimmers...I was going to get it done but held off for now... He agreed to do it for 225... The handymans reasoning for the price was because taking out the outlets would take time cuz it's a flathead screw

250$ for all 13 outlets and dimmers is fair. Each one takes around 10-20 mins of work depending on how skilled the guy is.

Some of these people are renters themselves. Their entire business plan/strategy is built around Airbnb. Houses are being built with the intent of short term rentals

So these coned bills. Am i right? *nervous laughter*

Im drowning ya. I only have 8 months here and my bills hasnt been less than 300. Most 800. Just came in at 500. When will it end. Im finna sell this bish and buy a condo. Or, god forbid, a co-op. I am that perturbed.

94o84l7pbfy91.jpg

I never had ANY issues with hotels. Worst thing is all the fees in Vegas but that’s the only place I know that gives tons of resort fees.

Only time I use Airbnb is if I’m staying somewhere in the boonies with no hotels.

I’ve ne er used airbnb except once in its very infancy for that very reason. The fees add up to more than the cost of the spot. You can get a nice hotel anywhere in the country for under 200; grandious lobby, modern finishes Nd amenities, flat screen tv, 3,5 * or better. Also idk if they’re still having the problem with hosts asking for your social media and linkedin and denying black travelers

I go on vacation to get out of the house. Seems backward to me to stay in someone elses house.

Also I want to make a mess and like coming back to a freshly cleaned room.

Only time Airbnbs are worth it are if you have a family sort of 8-10 people thing since it can be a lot more economical. And even then my personal preference would be we all just get hotel rooms at the same spot instead…

“We don’t clean rooms because Covid”

Well ok then but you better bring me like 40 coffees off rip them so I don’t have to call you all the time.

Airbnbs have a place depending on what you are doing and where. Overnight ski trips they are usually way more affordable than hotels in ski towns. And always check Airbnbs when traveling abroad. You may pay less or at the very least get more value for your money. Again, depends on where you are going and what you’re doing.

All things being equal I prefer [nice] hotels.

I do a lot of group homes - for instance, we have a snowbird trip to Scottsdale, needed 9 bedrooms - can’t get that at Marriott
Exactly, we’re going to Austin in January and need at least 4 bedrooms

The prices are decent so far

But yeah far cry from when air b n b first came out

I remember booking them almost every other weekend in so cal for like 100 or 200 at most for 3 nights when I moved out to Dallas

Guess good things wouldn’t last

Back
Top Bottom