Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

18033795_10158497638895048_8911583035744242090_n.jpg

Not even gonna lie when property brothers did the SF competition it really put a bad taste in my mouth

They aren't anywhere near SF, and right next to Richmond an area no one is flocking ot
The options done to the house werent really functional, or realistic

I try to watch less of them now as a result

Dallas folks in here? Cedar Hill, De Soto or Arlington?

Wife is really thinking about moving out of L.A.

@ekrev98 any chance of getting us a San Diego deal that we can refurbish so we keep that equity?

Just got beat out for a house by $15k :smh:

House hunting is such a long process... I thought the market would be flooded with houses now that school is out but it’s rather dry

Was out of town for a wedding / vacation, gone for 11 days. Braided steel line into the hot water tank was leaking for at least half that time. Basement pretty much totaled. Insurance is involved and adjuster was out yesterday.

Tips on finding a contractor? Places to go for ideas on how to "remodel" ?

Dallas folks in here? Cedar Hill, De Soto or Arlington?

Wife is really thinking about moving out of L.A.

@ekrev98 any chance of getting us a San Diego deal that we can refurbish so we keep that equity?

Desoto or Arlington.
Desoto is an affluent African American community. Arlington will be more mixed.

Was out of town for a wedding / vacation, gone for 11 days. Braided steel line into the hot water tank was leaking for at least half that time. Basement pretty much totaled. Insurance is involved and adjuster was out yesterday.

Tips on finding a contractor? Places to go for ideas on how to "remodel" ?

I use thumbtack. Ask facebook also you would be surprised whos uncle or something is a contractor. Ask for references and pictures of previous work

Anyone leverage their home warranty?

Trying to see if American title would update my old nob and tube copper wiring?

How much does it cost to insulate a basement with this stuff? Probably around 750-800 sq ft.

diy193a.jpg

Or does anyone have any better ideas for DIY insulation?

How much does it cost to insulate a basement with this stuff? Probably around 750-800 sq ft.

diy193a.jpg

Or does anyone have any better ideas for DIY insulation?

If walls are exposed this is so easy to do yourself, just wear longsleeves as the fiber glass is no fun but the cuts are simple all you need is a utility knife. Now the drywall to cover it might require another hand to assist but not as bad as you think

Man, I hate dealing with these realtors

I had a house I put an offer for $465k, lady turns around after the open house and says she got an offer of $480k which was the asking price... She calls back and says do we want to match or beat it, we stay put and end up getting beat out

I check the other night, house closed with a $465k price :smh:

My girl goes to check a house on Sunday, we don’t put an offer... Realtor calls today and says they have 3 offers on the table, if we would like to put an offer... My girl says we’re not willing to put the asking price, lady then says if we want a strong offer to put asking... We end up saying never mind

I know it’s part of their job but geez... Most of the time it seems like your bidding against yourself because you don’t know what was offered... All a game :smh:

It's illegal to reveal the details of any offer in-hand to another prospective buyer. I'd recommend submitting an escalation clause on any of your offers if the market is competitive where you are and are running into multiple offer situations.

It's illegal to reveal the details of any offer in-hand to another prospective buyer. I'd recommend submitting an escalation clause on any of your offers if the market is competitive where you are and are running into multiple offer situations.

What’s an escalation clause?

What’s an escalation clause?
In a multiple offer situation, it allows you to "escalate" your original offer up to the max you're willing to pay in increments of your choosing.

If asking price for a house is $500k and you're willing to pay like $510k or something like that for it, you can do an escalation up to $510k in increments of say, $1k, so if the highest other offer on the table is $505k, you'd pay $506k.

I'm also not positive if this exists in other states, but it comes into play a lot in Maryland.

In a multiple offer situation, it allows you to "escalate" your original offer up to the max you're willing to pay in increments of your choosing.

If asking price for a house is $500k and you're willing to pay like $510k or something like that for it, you can do an escalation up to $510k in increments of say, $1k, so if the highest other offer on the table is $505k, you'd pay $506k.

I'm also not positive if this exists in other states, but it comes into play a lot in Maryland.

That happens here in CO too. Sometimes $5k increments though.

The listing agent is also required to show you the other offer that you were escalating against if you get chosen, to show you that you weren't just bidding against yourself.

i have a bunch to pay left on my mortgage. i closed back in March, and I took a 30 year fixed rate. My wife and I are currently making extra payments to pay off the loan in 15 years instead of 30. do you guys think it's better to pay off the house first or use the extra money to invest?

Back
Top Bottom