Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

That **** is wild to me. I saw that vid posted on my FB timeline and sent it to a friend in the RDU area. He confirmed its wild like that out there.

**Rant**

NY housing situation is a mix of sellers starting OFF 50K-100K over appraisal and mixing that with what I can see are people either paying cash OR approved for way more than the house is worth and having the ability to over bid freely..

Seen 'nuff homes and put in bids for several.. some we visited in person one was a straight up bid just thru pictures... started at asking and over up to 30K OVER asking...

they picked other people...

gonna try for another month and if it doesn't work out, im headed to mid-south jersey.. to h3ll with this!.

BTW: checked out Long Island and I need 4bd/2ba+ and what they offering in those options are nasty.

ok, im done. thanks

I'm sorry to hear about the NYC market fam. Sounds like a lot of stress.

My family and I decided to put our primary residence on the market in April. We are moving to an apartment building in March and using a couple weeks to do some renovations.

My realtor came through over the weekend and she thinks it will only need a weekend or so to sell. I'm cool with that.

Should walk away with a nice Lil bag.

Just got offered a new gig too. My girl and I have 2X'd our salaries since we bought this home. Really looking forward to seeing what we actually afford in terms of housing now.

Last edited:
0v6250hlz6l81.png

Does the county usually asses the value of your property low or high?

It doubled in value in a year according to them.

My county is weird. Depends partially on sales in the area.

I never let anybody into my cribs to do a proper assessment tho.

There's no benefit to me as a landlord unless I'm planning to sell soon. Taxes are partially based on assessed value from my understanding so I'm not exactly gonna snitch on myself and make my taxes higher unless it's to my benefit.

My county is weird. Depends partially on sales in the area.

I never let anybody into my cribs to do a proper assessment tho.

There's no benefit to me as a landlord unless I'm planning to sell soon. Taxes are partially based on assessed value from my understanding so I'm not exactly gonna snitch on myself and make my taxes higher unless it's to my benefit.

it's just on land and I pay 5 dollars a year in taxes since it's "agricultural"

I wouldn't let anybody in either, I can't see anything good coming out of that one. :lol:

it's just on land and I pay 5 dollars a year in taxes since it's "agricultural"

I wouldn't let anybody in either, I can't see anything good coming out of that one. :lol:
Yeah I throw those lil assessor letters right in the trash every year.

Taxes always go up around the time a property is sold anyways since that transaction is recorded with the state.

Oh and proud of u bro. I gotta buy land at some point.

Yeah I throw those lil assessor letters right in the trash every year.

Taxes always go up around the time a property is sold anyways since that transaction is recorded with the state.

Oh and proud of u bro. I gotta buy land at some point.

Thanks man, now I want more. :lol: Me and my boy yolo’d in when we saw the people moving out of cities early in the pandemic.

It’s not crazy money but a W feels good in these times with everything else being down.

Basically. No way I was getting a 3500 sf house for 160k anywhere near Denver. Unfortunately my taxes are almost 4k a year, but at least I got them lowered since house sold for less that it did to the previous owners. My timing was perfect too, Im sure they are mad they sold it right before housing prices skyrocketed, but I believe my house was on the market for years and who wants to pay high *** taxes on a house thats empty?

Yeah, this whole working from home **** got me thinking. I could move from Chicago and be better off anywhere else.
I'm 1.5 hrs north of you (MKE) and I've been remote 2 years. We share an office (main gig) with our Chicago practice. Most of the sub 35 club with no kids moved from chi during the pandemic.

They wanna bring us back before then but I feel like it's sad. My homie been in Nebraska at the parents crib for 2 years on a chi salary. I'm sure he up!

I couldn't imagine paying chi pricing man. MKE has spoiled me. However, I still hear gun shots regularly and I would pretty much give up everything to move outta this **** tomorrow.

I'm about to rent a 1500 SQ foot apt (still smaller than my crib) I'm the burbs and sell my primary residence. Hoping to buy something in a burb (closer to chi pricing) in about 6 months.

My girl and I work from home and we legit heard off a lil gun battle at like 4PM today. MKE still very much the trenches.

Last edited:
I'm 1.5 hrs north of you (MKE) and I've been remote 2 years. We share an office (main gig) with our Chicago practuce. Most of the sub 35 club with no kids moved from chi during the pandemic.

They wanna bring us back before then but I feel like it's sad. My homie been in Nebraska at the parents crib for 2 years on a chi salary. I'm sure he up!

I couldn't imagine paying chi pricing man. MKE has spoiled me. However, I still hear gun shots regularly and I would pretty much give up everything to move outta this **** tomorrow.

I'm about to rent a 1500 SQ foot apt (still smaller than my crib) I'm the burbs and sell my primary residence. Hoping to buy something in a burb (closer to chi pricing) in about 6 months.

My girl and I work from home and we legit heard off a lil gun battle at like 4PM today. MKE still very much the trenches.

My buddy moved from Chicago to MKE and shares your sentiment. My girl is an EU citizen. When/if we have kids, we’re moving to Poland/EU more than likely. I couldn’t imagine raising kids in Chicago. I don’t know how my mom did it as a single parent. Literally all day everyday it’s armed robberies, shootouts, and car jackings… **** wears on you after a while man.

how are prices for housing in Chicago particularly downtown?

Rough, man. Like most major cities, houses going for well over asking. We just moved but decided to rent again till **** calms down a bit. Our budget was $1.7M and still couldn’t get a single family home in a good area. Super competitive.

Back
Top Bottom