Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Might be making an offer on a temporary home for my family tomorrow. Found a crazy duplex that checks a lot of boxes and can be converted to a pure investment property in the next 3-5 years.

Only downside is the kitchen which kinda sucks.

Anyone done a mid grade kitchen remodel in the Midwest. I might redo the entire kitchen box. Anyone know what I should budget mentally.

Depending on the size of the kitchen I’d say 25-40k unless you use custom made materials and are breaking walls and relocating pipes, etc.

A kitchen/bathroom remodel goes a longgggg way for future tenants. Its a good investment.

8nbb0n50r8p91.png

I dont care for it but its not that bad, looks like a cheap reno you’d see in a rental. Actually in terms of that its pretty mid to high mid. So many people just buy granite countertops on clearance and cabinet kits and dont fully plan out the layout then the fridge has to sit in the living room

I have cabinets to the ceiling too in my house actually. I hate that wasted space above it. Stain color is meh but I got renters in their keeping my mortgage paid so Im happy and about 100k in equity. Soon ad they get ready to move it I’ll probably just sell as is, depending on if its a buyers or sellers market, might throw in like a 3-5k flooring allowance to replace the carpet

Unless those are 12 ft ceilings I doubt they are that high it's just that they're short. Every cabinet in my kitchen goes to the ceiling :lol: but there's also lower shelves.

Awkwardly placed/not enough cabinet space and dumb looking shelves instead

Not the biggest fan of those single/deep sinks either but they seem pretty common

Now that you mention it sink looks kind of tiny. And is that a cheap, matte granite or a cheaper formica?

Actually prefer the single sink. The split gives you less room to work around in there. Had a split in my last house and hated it.

I can see that. I like having a place for things to soak/or just sit if they need to without jamming up the main washing area. I guess a single big/deep sink is the ideal way to go if you can

I want a sink in the island and a sink where itd normally be and a pot filler. I be cookin cookin, and a soaker sink in the laundry room.

Way ahead of my current financial situation, but I am always back and forth on whether I want like a luxe condo (Block 42 in OKC), luxe townhome (The Hill in Deep Deuce OkC, KD used to live there )or a house in the same vicinity with a small yard (Heritage Hills or Mesta Park) or further out where I can have a compound like my Dad does and trailers, extra vehicles, like a lake and mad acreage for the kids to run around.

But my current budget says none of the above lol, underated up and coming NE side within 5 minutes of the places i named is doable I could get new construction even for under 250

cabinets don’t go to the edge of the counter.

They put those stupid high cabinets where you either never use them or put stuff you should just throw out because you’ll never use it…

They put 5 dollar shelves up where they put have put cabinets that you can actually reach because they wanted to save money to flip the house.

The sink looks like it’s from a camper.

That’s what I see I wrong.

Back
Top Bottom