Home interior experts of NT please step on in Vol. Picture Frames

I like the clean edge look, myself.

o71tg6.jpg

What up ksteezy. My wife & I visit this site regularly for interior design, DIY, tech, cooking, & ideas for our 7 year old son. It's called ApartmentTherapy.com. It's a good site. Let me know what you think...

The random look is very hard to pull off.

In your case even spacing between all pictures would make a world of difference.

Also, I would stick with white or black frames. You have too little to mix-match.

If you did want to mix-match, really mix it up with colors, materials, size, etc.

*EDIT* Mind blown - never thought I would see apartment therapy mentioned on NT

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

The random look is very hard to pull off.

In your case even spacing between all pictures would make a world of difference.

Also, I would stick with white or black frames. You have too little to mix-match.

If you did want to mix-match, really mix it up with colors, materials, size, etc.

*EDIT* Mind blown - never thought I would see apartment therapy mentioned on NT

It's a good site though. My wife & I originally came across the site to get some ideas for our son's room & also one of his birthday partys. We ended up going back to it regularly...

Originally Posted by KWIET ONE

I like the clean edge look, myself.

o71tg6.jpg

clean edges are a must. Maybe using the edges to make a ghestalt effect since all the elements in your set aren't the exact same. Try arranging them to color values like from heavy to dark or something likewise

laugh.gif
I think you just want to interact with people right now bruh this cant be that hard.

But i would put all the big pictures together, maybe form a "T" and under the wings of the T organize the other frames in order of size.

Like that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Sup NT, I decided to set up a frame wall with all different size frames in silver/black/white. Turns out Im extremely anal and a perfectionist and something abou the way I've arranged the frames don't add up, is there a rule I need to follow?...do any of you have any suggestions as to how to set this up better?...perhaps some MS paint diagram of how you would set up these frames?

Pic of the current setup.

Thanks in advance.

No offense, I have no problem with you like alot of other NTers.. but this is just purely pathetic... It's almost like you are trolling your own wall with such horrible placement...

^^^ why do you think Im asking for help?
laugh.gif

Totally missing the point of the thread....settin up a gallery is actually harder than I thought.

Just bOught about 6 more frames, will go to home depot to pick up some paste to refill all the holes I made on that wall and restart my project.

And what about your girlie man?? She can't hold that down for you??
nerd.gif

Sidenote: I'm not really feeling that clean edge look. It does absolutely nothing for the wall or the frames/pictures themselves. Maybe in that picture, it's just not letting the wall breathe enough around the edges of the pictures. Like it should be more balanced between the floor and the ceiling. I'm not saying the clean edge thing can't work, just not like that picture above. 
sick.gif

Organized randomness FTW however.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

When one complains about you posting pics of your girl multiple times in one thread, you go ahead and post multiple pics of your girl in one pic...

MY MAN...
pimp.gif

ksteezy is my dude, but i don't need to see 50 pictures of his wife

Sup fam, a small update, I fixed up the wall...took down the frames and used the advice given here to first set them up on the floor and this is the neatest arrangement I could come up with...

^^ that looks good Steezy.

Personally I'd have stuck with one colour for the frames, but that's just me. (I'm anal with these things too lol)

Also, I'm sure the dudes in the Bachelor Pad thread would have been glad to help. We're all a happy family in there <3 
laugh.gif

Some inspiration... I think it really depends on the look of the room as well. The ones below generally get away with the asymmetrical pattern but I can see the potential for some places to look messy if it's not done right/not in line with the rooms' style.

picture+diy+wall+decor%252C+wall+decor+picture+frame%252C+diy%252C+picture+frame+collage.jpg

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

When one complains about you posting pics of your girl multiple times in one thread, you go ahead and post multiple pics of your girl in one pic...

MY MAN...
pimp.gif

Xzibit_AG036.jpg

Thanks Dancin
pimp.gif

I'll be doing a couple of more walls in my apt, I need wall decor desperately!

I personally like a larger variety of frames but that is my taste.

Here is my 'collection'

3134wue.jpg

Oh yeah, I actually attached those with doublesided tape. Works excellent in my opinion. If you don't touch them they will do fine, and they are easily replaced by using a little force.

Homie are those 4 paintings the ones with the aging silhouette of a person that starts of with a kid holding a balloon or kite and ends with a grave?...or is the one with the four seasons???...where the hell did you find it?

I've seen that picture rolling around the Internet...love it...always wanted to print it out...but have no clue where to purchase it

I've seen that picture rolling around the Internet...love it...always wanted to print it out...but have no clue where to purchase it

This

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

This
Me too.  I can usually find things I want if I search hard enough but I can't find this anywhere.

Quick update...started hanging them up and I'm already so happy with the way is coming out, with the help of your suggestions NT...I also purchased this hang&level tool from home depot, this thing makes your life a million times easier when it comes to correctly leveling and nail/screw placement...it takes me 1 minute to properly hang a frame as opposed to at least 10 minutes it used to take me, plus no pencil marks and extra holes on my wall.

Back
Top Bottom