Homecoming Was Great. Now I Need Legal Advice. vol. friend is an idiot.

Homecoming weekend came and went at a local college. My friend wondered away from us at a bar and we found him beating some dude senseless while he wasblackout. The kid had to be taken away in an ambulance. He is facing some assault charges (1st and 2nd degree), reckless endangerment, destruction of property,and disorderly conduct. Anyone ever been in a situation like this? It is not me that is in trouble. I am just looking out for a friend before he gets a lawyer.

IT's best that he talk to a lawyer...that's quite a few charges...if it was one and it was his first time in trouble with the law they would of justgave him a PTI...but dayum they really want this kid in trouble...not saying what he did was right eiher...

cop a lawyer.

A lot of the time police will slap as many charges on u as possible. They know they wont all hold up but it ensures u'll get punished for atleast one.

was it his first time arrested? him being drunk at the time is really gonna hurt him.

First time being arrested. He woke in a jail cell not remembering anything. Apparently I heard that he was banging this person's head into a curb while hewas unconscious. I know that police will give him every possible charge from my previous experiences.

Some anger mangement and some alcohol treatment programs. If one of these 1st and 2nd degree assaults hold up. Your boy is probably going to jail. I'm sureif alcohol was involved he will get a lesser sentence if he gets a lawyer and gets in some classes ahead of time.

Tell him to be proactive and check himself in some programs. Judges always like that.

Your boy is done. Get him a good lawyer to get some of the charges reduced but damn near killing a man is not what's hot in the streets.

eek.gif
your friend is in big doodoo

He'll get what he deserves. Honestly, there's not much that a lawyer can do, and I'm assuming your friend isn't going to have the money toafford the lawsuit anyway. Just get a public defender and take the loss.

dirty it is a really weird situation. its like hes your boy and you want to support him, but he really did mess up this time. i dont support his actionseither. he is a good dude and alcohol probably made the situation end like it did. it sucks none of his friends were around to stop him because he snuck awayfrom us.
ohwell.gif

I understand your position... you're just looking out for your boy.....

but as an outsider looking in at the situation... "banging an unconscious dude's head against the ground?"
indifferent.gif

...and not to mention dude got taken away in an ambulance...who knows what kind of injury to his head he received

ppl really need to control their drinking in public if they know they get belligerent.

Back
Top Bottom