HOMEWORK QUESTION! HELP PLEASE!!!

Joined Feb 20, 2009
A machining operation (Process A) produces small parts, 10% of which are defective.  A similar operation (Process B) produces small but unrelated parts.  Process B is considered to be in control if it produces no more than 10% defective units.  Sampling for Process A consists of selecting 20 units at specific intervals.  Sampling for Process B is similar with a sample size of 15 units.

1. Determine the probability of finding not more than 1 defective unit in a sample from Process A.
2. Determine the probability that Process B will be stopped needlessly when it is producing 5% defective units.

Joined May 14, 2004
Once you understand how to set up the equation, aren't you provided with probability tables? This is Statistics work right?

Joined May 13, 2008
I was about to help until I saw your really cool choice of font color

didn't read, even if you change it now you still pissed me off

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Once you understand how to set up the equation, aren't you provided with probability tables? This is Statistics work right?
Yeah, this is Statistics. I don't think you need a table for this question. I have no idea how to set it up though so I could be wrong...

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now