Hookah bars - you too can have herpes

[h1][/h1]http://www.thedenverchannel.com/health/15559887/detail.html

Hold The Hookah; It Might Have Herpes
Most Hookah Bars Don't Follow Health Department Standards
POSTED: 8:08 pm MDT March 10, 2008
UPDATED: 8:32 pm MDT March 10, 2008

DENVER -- A nurse at CSU's health clinic said students mentioned they contracted mouth herpes after visiting local hookah bars, the student newspaperreported Monday.The newspaper did not report how many students contracted the disease, which causes cold sores.Hookah bars are popular among college students.A hookah is a kind of water pipe where users share a hose and inhale smoke.

The Rocky Mountain Collegian reported both Fort Collins hookah bars said their businesses never heard of any problems with the disease. They said theirstandards for cleaning hookahs are adequate to prevent the spread of herpes.Health department officials do not inspect hookah bars, and legal standards forhookah sanitation are nonexistent.Aria Khosravi, co-owner of Narghile Nights, said although he has heard of herpes incidents at other establishments, none havecome from his."That is the last thing we would want to happen," Khosravi told the Collegian. "We don't want to mess around. We clean out allthe hoses every night … and we also vacuum them through."

Hot damn. Some of the ones I visit you can tell the workers are grimy as hell and don't give a $*!$ and probably don't properly clean that crap.Actually one of my friends used to work at one and told me he got paid like $5 an hour, when the minimum is like 8 something.

I guess that gives me one more reason to hate hookah bars: ******ed clientele, expensive tab, bad food, and herpes.
But yes, most of them do use tips.

the place I go has one use tips that they take out of the package right in front of you. So unless one of my friends has it, I'm good

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

the place I go has one use tips that they take out of the package right in front of you. So unless one of my friends has it, I'm good

Originally Posted by TW3EK

im good on that stuff neway

yeah i never seen whats so appealing about this +%*!. rather just *@#! wit
pimp.gif
in a grape dutch
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

got friends that do it. I just go there to chill and thats the exact reason why, im peranoid about that kinda +@%%!

Didn't read the article BUT I wouldn't worry 90% of the WORLDS POPULATION are CARRYING HERPES VIRUS. Some are immune, some are not. the virus"breaks out" for some but not for everybody. It usually breaks out when you have a cold (when your immunate system is weakned)

^ word.

not just when you have a cold...weather, stress, sleeping habits, can all lead to an outbreak.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

^ word.

not just when you have a cold...weather, stress, sleeping habits, can all lead to an outbreak.
somethin u wanna tell us?
roll.gif

but what u mean 90% of the population got herpes? i know its different forms but
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom