HoopsHype.com Top 25 NBA Players Heading Into 2009 Season...

laugh.gif
I'm dying over here. "Team Wins Produced if TopPlayer Became Average."

Who the @%@# comes up with this ++%+?

Win Score = PTS + REB + STL + ½*BLK + ½*AST - FGA - ½*FTA - TO - ½*PF

For folks not interested in sports economics bs...

At least read what the guy wrote on his discussion between Kobe and Wade. You can ignore the confusing formulas all you want, but Wade has been more productivethan Kobe.

Of course most fans will look past just looking at stats and consider intangibles that Kobe has in their opinion of who is better. When that comes into play,Kobe is usually ranked higher. And I don't disagree. But people need to stop making excuses for Kobe, that he is changing his game to be better with lessathleticism and etc. That is great and commendable, but that has nothing to do with Wade. Wade is at his prime right now, it's only expected that he shouldbe up there with Bron and Kobe.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by amel223

I would put Lebron higher but his performance against the Magic disappointed me.
Waaaait WHAT?

Yeah, 39 ppg, 8 assist, 8 rebounds, 49% FG ain't good enough for you?

CLEVELAND being disappointing sure, but LeBron?

He had the best post-season of anyone in the league, without a doubt. And yes, that's including Rondo.

Awesome all around numbers, it's just the way he got his numbers that don't sit with me.. I believe he really struggled with his 39 ppg every single game. He'd eat up so much of the shot clock trying to score, and he only had two ways of scoring. Either dribbling around the perimeter a la Ben Gordon and waiting until 10 seconds were off of the shot clock to finally make his move and then throwing up the shot or using his body to go all the way to the rim and getting the foul. I'm not sure he would've got his 39 ppg without the referree help he got. I think the Magic were ok with Lebron scoring all those points cuz he just did not do it in a demoralizing fashion.

Great player. I'd never put him lower than number three, but for me to put him any higher, he needs to work on his offensive repertoire. If he comes back next playoffs with the same offensive skill set, I'd let him score 40 points again.

Kobe didn't score near those amount of points in the finals (at least I can't remember) but whenever he decided to go on his scoring spurts you can really see how it affected the Magic. The Magic would fight to try and get back in the game and then whenever they get close, Kobe scores a quick 6, 8, or 10 points and suddenly find that they need to chip at the lead again. I can't count how many times I've seen Michael Pietrus fight to deny Kobe the ball only to have him get it, make a quick move, and 2 or 3 seconds later he scores a quick 2. Those kind of points really get to you as an opponent.

Just my 2 cents. I hope no one tries to make this into a Kobe fan boy thing. I don't even like Kobe like that. I'm a Derrick Rose fan lol.

But let me just say it again. Lebron is a great player. I'd never put him lower than three.

How is that Lebron's fault? That's on Mike Brown for not having anything resembling an offense. I'm not a Lebron fan at all, but he did everythinghumanly possible to try to win that series.

i dont see how people can use "wade needs to do everything" for him to get those stats or to win... but just because you have to, doesnt mean youhave the ability to.... wade had a big load to carry last year and he carried it while come players have the same load at times and couldnt come through...there are a lot of players with bums around that will never put up the same #'s as wade did ( except for lebron ). wade's #'s wont be the same aslast year with beasley and chalmers having more experience... jones shooting wrist in 100%... J.O. knows what his role is and can gel more with the heat.. andnow we have Q rich...

Originally Posted by CP1708

Somebody translate what it is I just @#$%^& read?
laugh.gif

Cliffnotes?
He has taken your basic boxscore stats, ast, pts, reb, to, etc, and figured out there value in relation to wining. Once he adds them all up Wadeis a more productive player per minute.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

List sucks. Durant needs to be higher. Shaq on the list? no. McGrady will surprise people and become top 25
pimp.gif

roll.gif
even you don't believe that mess you just wrote bro. McGrady is toast.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif

Cliffnotes?
He has taken your basic boxscore stats, ast, pts, reb, to, etc, and figured out there value in relation to wining. Once he adds them all up Wade is a more productive player per minute.
Uhhhh.....FALSE.

He (or whoever came up with that +%%%) MADE UP an equation and called it "win score" -

Your claim of objectivity and logic using these statistics is dependent on accepting "win score" as some sort of absolute judge of value.
indifferent.gif

imma let tony parker get his shine...but this guy is the most overrated player of ALL TIME! ALLLL @!*$$!@ TIME! he's fast okay..put half the starting pointguards in the league on that team and they'll do EXACTLY what he's done. put chauncey billups on that team and they would be unstoppable. put stevenash, jason kidd, rondo, monta, b-diddy, devin harris, andre miller, westbrook, calderon, rose and since all he is, is speed and a mid-range jumper lets throwiverson in there too even if he's not really a point...number 9 player in the @!*$$!@ league? and no i don't give a damn if he dropped 50 last year,tony delk did it too. !%#% it, john wall and rubio will bust tony parker's !++ right now

Originally Posted by pdouly33

laugh.gif

Cliffnotes?
He has taken your basic boxscore stats, ast, pts, reb, to, etc, and figured out there value in relation to wining. Once he adds them all up Wade is a more productive player per minute.
Uhhhh.....FALSE.

He (or whoever came up with that +%%%) MADE UP an equation and called it "win score" -

Your claim of objectivity and logic using these statistics is dependent on accepting "win score" as some sort of absolute judge of value.
indifferent.gif

The values are derived through linear regression if I remember correctly so the idea that he made them up is false, the John Hollinger derived his values usinglogic but not linear regression.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

I'm still waiting on the list of best statistical seasons, and where wade ranks among them.
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]Wilt Chamberlain*[/td] [td]31.84[/td] [td]1962-63[/td] [td]SFW[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]Wilt Chamberlain*[/td] [td]31.76[/td] [td]1961-62[/td] [td]PHW[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.71[/td] [td]1987-88[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]LeBron James[/td] [td]31.67[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]Wilt Chamberlain*[/td] [td]31.64[/td] [td]1963-64[/td] [td]SFW[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.63[/td] [td]1990-91[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.19[/td] [td]1989-90[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.14[/td] [td]1988-89[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td]David Robinson*[/td] [td]30.66[/td] [td]1993-94[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td] [td]30.65[/td] [td]1999-00[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td] [td]30.55[/td] [td]1998-99[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td]Dwyane Wade[/td] [td]30.36[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [/tr][/table]

how in the hell is wade and lebron up there for the same years??? wade had a better year then lebron last year except for rebounds

I'm not going to argue about Chris Paul being top 3 blah blah blah. Don't wanna get into that.
But how you have him ranked any less than 5?
indifferent.gif

Dwight Howard doesn't even have enough of a solid post game but I guess you can make an argument for him if you really want to. As for Duncan, no doubthe'll go down as one of the best power forwards to play the game, but at this point Chris Paul has more to offer than Duncan. Some people just can'tseem to let go of reputation.

Dude is ranked 4th ALL TIME in load carrying seasons for the 08-09 season.
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/09/16/wade.heat/

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
Teams win championships. We are talking about individual performance.
So you bringing up the draft holds no water.

I was making the point that the who told me it's "common knowledge" that Kobe is no worse than 3rd best player how come the consensus mock contradicts that.

Stop confusing my arguments with other peoples.

I've tried to ignore your post long enough and the fact that you actually mention a mock draft to help your argument is just insane!!!!

You don't get fantasy points for leadership, or making teammates better, or creating plays (not assist but actually opening up the floor with out the ball)I can take the LBJ>Kobe because Bron is just that good. It should be ILLEGAL for anyone to not have Kobe in their top 3.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
Teams win championships. We are talking about individual performance.
So you bringing up the draft holds no water.
I was making the point that the who told me it's "common knowledge" that Kobe is no worse than 3rd best player how come the consensus mock contradicts that.

Stop confusing my arguments with other peoples.

I've tried to ignore your post long enough and the fact that you actually mention a mock draft to help your argument is just insane!!!!

You don't get fantasy points for leadership, or making teammates better, or creating plays (not assist but actually opening up the floor with out the ball) I can take the LBJ>Kobe because Bron is just that good. It should be ILLEGAL for anyone to not have Kobe in their top 3.
So some how believe that Lebron, Wade, and CP3 don't make there teammates better?, they don't lead there teams, they don't createplays?

Please.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

how in the hell is wade and lebron up there for the same years??? wade had a better year then lebron last year except for rebounds
My guess is because Wade averaged more turnovers, personal fouls, minutes and shot worse from three.

roll.gif
at some peeps thinkin wade had a better statistical year last year thanbron. wade a ridiculously great year, bron had an epic year.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

laugh.gif

Cliffnotes?
Uhhhh.....FALSE.

indifferent.gif

The values are derived through linear regression if I remember correctly so the idea that he made them up is false, the John Hollinger derived his values using logic but not linear regression.

I'm still waiting on the list of best statistical seasons, and where wade ranks among them.
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]Wilt Chamberlain*[/td] [td]31.84[/td] [td]1962-63[/td] [td]SFW[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]Wilt Chamberlain*[/td] [td]31.76[/td] [td]1961-62[/td] [td]PHW[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.71[/td] [td]1987-88[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]LeBron James[/td] [td]31.67[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]CLE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]Wilt Chamberlain*[/td] [td]31.64[/td] [td]1963-64[/td] [td]SFW[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.63[/td] [td]1990-91[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.19[/td] [td]1989-90[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]Michael Jordan*[/td] [td]31.14[/td] [td]1988-89[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td]David Robinson*[/td] [td]30.66[/td] [td]1993-94[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td] [td]30.65[/td] [td]1999-00[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td] [td]30.55[/td] [td]1998-99[/td] [td]LAL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td]Dwyane Wade[/td] [td]30.36[/td] [td]2008-09[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [/tr][/table]

That list is already invalid, how does it not have Oscar Robertson's triple double season?
laugh.gif

I want to see real stats and how they stack up, not that bull win score. Most random stuff ever
roll.gif

3934313403_e73518d8dc.jpg

How was Wade's season that great? Its nearly identical to LeBron's? On top of that LeBron had more win's and went farther in the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom