Hourly Wage Needed to Rent a 2-Bedroom Apartment in Every U.S. State

If you lived in the Bay Area especially the city like me you know damn well in the last 10 years nothing about living here is that simple. You could work 2 full time jobs and live off Ramen and still barely make a 2 bedroom rent currently. I miss paying $600 for a studio on Valencia back in the early 2000's. The flat I grew up in as a child going for close to $5,000 my family was paying $900 back in the days. Times have changed. :smh:
Was paying 895 for a 2bd spread in Santa Clarita off sierra hwy in 2000.. times def have changed.

I'm paying $1025 for a studio on 3rd dammit.

Cold thing is that's a deal for a studio currently even on 3rd. :x

Was paying 895 for a 2bd spread in Santa Clarita off sierra hwy in 2000.. times def have changed.

Exactly. You could live comfortably in the Bay Area back then and still reap all of it's benefits now it's almost depressing how things have changed and not just economically it also changed the culture and soul of the place. Still love it but a lot of what made it great is getting sucked out of it. New and shiny ain't always the best look. :smh:

Last edited:

I was paying $1250 for a 1 bedroom in Canyon Country 2 years ago. I've accepted that I'm going to be paying $1500 plus for anything out here in LA.

1750 for a 2 bed 2 bath apt out hear in Chula Vista which is right down the road from San Diego :x

I was paying $1250 for a 1 bedroom in Canyon Country 2 years ago. I've accepted that I'm going to be paying $1500 plus for anything out here in LA.
Looking to move back out to SoCal in couple of years. Gotta b making more than 85k though.

I rent to my tenant for 1600$ for a SMALL 2 bedroom in south LA county.

seems kind of high for FL.
Word. I know one bedroom apartments are 650-1200 depending on where you are (I'm using the Tampa Bay area as reference). While two bedrooms are 900-1400. But for the price of a two bedroom apartment you can get a 3 bedroom house for rent.

i didnt know NJ was that bad :smh:

Jersey real estate tax is the highest in the country so I'm sure that and being close to NYC has something to do w/ it.....and having a republican governor who's a snake.

I'm certain that Philly increases that avg for PA. Cost of living over there is a littel crazy compared to the other Turnpike cities (Harrisburg and Pittsburgh) Pittsburgh's rent are getting higher but home prices aren't that crazy if you're willing to look and move further from the city.

N.C. and P.R. lookin real ideal to me right now. I could live in San Juan bruh, the vibe over there is just mad relaxed. I'm sure that's the tourist in me talking though.

I've been thinking about moving from BR to NOLA lately and rent is usually $800ish for a 500sqft studio in the 504 apparently..

If you lived in the Bay Area especially the city like me you know damn well in the last 10 years nothing about living here is that simple. You could work 2 full time jobs and live off Ramen and still barely make a 2 bedroom rent currently. I miss paying $600 for a studio on Valencia back in the early 2000's. The flat I grew up in as a child going for close to $5,000 my family was paying $900 back in the days. Times have changed. :smh:
Lived off that same road and we were paying the same thing...difference was we was splitting it 4 ways. That college live.

I've never lived in the north east. What that go to do with me?

nothing really, i'm just surprised the prices are so close to up here since i hear about moving down to maryland for more affordable housing, but doesn't look like much of a difference

Back
Top Bottom