Hourly Wage Needed to Rent a 2-Bedroom Apartment in Every U.S. State

Real estate has always been 1 of the biggest scams ever created by man 
roll.gif

@bleach

MD is cheaper if you can afford to buy a house , don't mind living far from the city, or don't mind living in the hood. Renting is a losing game in the DMV area , or just a losing game period if you can't keep increasing your income every year imo.

Last edited:
My brother is paying $500 mortgage for 3 bed 2 bath plus 3acres in Oklahoma(30k$ down ). compared to when my parents were paying $2k for a 3 br2ba in San Diego .. and he's getting paid okay for just a hs diploma

Word. I know one bedroom apartments are 650-1200 depending on where you are (I'm using the Tampa Bay area as reference). While two bedrooms are 900-1400. But for the price of a two bedroom apartment you can get a 3 bedroom house for rent.

In the tri county (West Palm, Dade, Broward) rent is absurd. 1700+ minimum

As I understand it cities in the bay area artificiality constrict housing supply, through draconian zoning regulations.

So as long as rich San Francisco-ites want to keep "persevere" San Francisco, with anti-construction laws, then that places will always be insanely expensive.

Jersey real estate tax is the highest in the country so I'm sure that and being close to NYC has something to do w/ it.....and having a republican governor who's a snake.

I'm certain that Philly increases that avg for PA. Cost of living over there is a littel crazy compared to the other Turnpike cities (Harrisburg and Pittsburgh) Pittsburgh's rent are getting higher but home prices aren't that crazy if you're willing to look and move further from the city.

N.C. and P.R. lookin real ideal to me right now. I could live in San Juan bruh, the vibe over there is just mad relaxed. I'm sure that's the tourist in me talking though.
I live in Bergen County and it's a nightmare. Lots of bankers and brokers around. The NBC anchor lives around the corner under the cliffs.

Last edited:
I live in Bergen County and it's a nightmare. Lots of bankers and brokers around. The NBC anchor lives around the corner under the cliffs.
Yeah Bergen County is trash is terms of rent and such. South Jersey is lookin cool tho. Chris Christie is terrible too lol

Last edited:
Looking back through the last few pages, $1750 for a 2 bed in Chula Vista doesn't sound half bad - of course I'm comparing that to BK prices where most 2 beds are just above that (and some a lot more than that). $500 mortgage for a 3 bed crib does sound great, don't know what living in OK would be like though.

Things in general are OD expensive these days but I'm of the opinion that you can make things work MOST of the time if you really want it. A lot of people say you can't live in NY if you make less than such and such.

Where's the actual cutoff line? I don't know, but I was making it work paying $1200/month for a 1 br making 45k/yr.

Those new housing developments in Bergen County look good when I come back home to visit but rent probably sky high smh. They need to get Chris Christie outta here :lol:

Goddamn DC :smh:

DC has the same issue as bay area cities.

I belive they have some pointless law limiting how high you build a building, thus limiting the supply of housing.

The fact that this goes on in mostly liberal strongholds should be embarrassing to so called "progressives"

Last edited:

Goddamn DC
mean.gif

I belive they have some pointless law limiting how high you build a building, thus limiting the supply of housing.

The fact that this goes on in mostly liberal strongholds should be embarrassing to so called "progressives"
let me ask you something from the outside looking in(bc you live in Canada right?) is there any allure to America to you?

As I understand it cities in the bay area artificiality constrict housing supply, through draconian zoning regulations.

So as long as rich San Francisco-ites want to keep "persevere" San Francisco, with anti-construction laws, then that places will always be insanely expensive.
Luckily a lot of buildings are going up, now if only tech can stagnent.

That law doesn't apply to the suburbs though and **** is still too damb high :lol:. 2 bedrooms in Alexandria going for 2400-3000. Ridiculous

That law doesn't apply to the suburbs though and **** is still too damb high :lol:. 2 bedrooms in Alexandria going for 2400-3000. Ridiculous

To be fair, you'll only see those prices in Old Town. But that's prime waterfront property out there. But it definitely doesn't represent the majority of Alexandria. Plus if you throw areas in Alexandria like Mt. Vernon and other parts of Richmond Hwy, Alexandria is pretty affordable compared to other areas of NoVa,not counting PW County.

Last edited:
My brother is paying $500 mortgage for 3 bed 2 bath plus 3acres in Oklahoma(30k$ down ). compared to when my parents were paying $2k for a 3 br2ba in San Diego .. and he's getting paid okay for just a hs diploma
what city? Sounds like he paid what around 85-95k.

To be fair, you'll only see those prices in Old Town. But that's prime waterfront property out there. But it definitely doesn't represent the majority of Alexandria. Plus if you throw areas in Alexandria like Mt. Vernon and other parts of Richmond Hwy, Alexandria is pretty affordable compared to other areas of NoVa,not counting PW County.

Huh? The ones I'm talking about aren't waterfront property at all, they're all the way down near the Hoffman theatre.

The Fairfax county Alexandria ain't no cheaper forreal. When I was looking the 2 bedrooms in Rose Hill/Kingstowne were still 2k place. Anything cheap off Richmond Highway is likely a dump

Last edited:
Yeah Bergen County is trash is terms of rent and such. South Jersey is lookin cool tho. Chris Christie is terrible too lol

I hate CC that slob :smh:

Hudson and Bergen county are OD expensive cause now everyone wants to live heat cause it's cheaper but close to NY / Hoboken / Downtown JC.

I moved 10 mins out to Essex and caught a 2 BR with all utilities for $850. Got extreamly lucky.

Back
Top Bottom