House Loan?? HELP

So my grandparents got a notice saying that they owe a crap load of property taxes and what not and i thought it was maybe a couple thousand which would be paid off easily. Right now i found a new notice they got which says they owe 40,000 because of interest and late penalties and a whole bunch of BS. So does anybody know of any place that would lend this kind of money to them so they can pay it off and be able to make monthly repayments to the lending company?
The interest rate is 24% right now the way they are paying it which is wayy too much and is killing them. I need some real help please.
frown.gif

So my grandparents got a notice saying that they owe a crap load of property taxes and what not and i thought it was maybe a couple thousand which would be paid off easily. Right now i found a new notice they got which says they owe 40,000 because of interest and late penalties and a whole bunch of BS. So does anybody know of any place that would lend this kind of money to them so they can pay it off and be able to make monthly repayments to the lending company?
The interest rate is 24% right now the way they are paying it which is wayy too much and is killing them. I need some real help please.
frown.gif

I'm not sure what kind of loan would be available for this type of debt....property taxes aren't considered mortgage debt. Start with bankrate.com which could give you an idea about what loans might be available and the rates.
It might be a good idea for them to go talk to someone at their local bank/credit union.
Best of luck to your family.

I'm not sure what kind of loan would be available for this type of debt....property taxes aren't considered mortgage debt. Start with bankrate.com which could give you an idea about what loans might be available and the rates.
It might be a good idea for them to go talk to someone at their local bank/credit union.
Best of luck to your family.

Homie, contact the American Bar Association!! Google it, call them. Ask them for a referral. You need an ATTORNEY, NOT NT.

Homie, contact the American Bar Association!! Google it, call them. Ask them for a referral. You need an ATTORNEY, NOT NT.

What else are they behind in? In my experience if a home owner is behind in property taxes they are usually behind in other stuff (i.e. leins against the property) as well. If this is the case, there is more that needs to be done. Is their home paid off? If not is the mortgage up to date.

What else are they behind in? In my experience if a home owner is behind in property taxes they are usually behind in other stuff (i.e. leins against the property) as well. If this is the case, there is more that needs to be done. Is their home paid off? If not is the mortgage up to date.

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

frown.gif
Since a lender would never let a borrower get this far in arrears on property taxes I'm assuming they don't have a mortgage, right? So if their home is paid off the quickest way to $40k is a home equity loan. You won't find a bank doing any personal loans or any other type of loan for that amount without securing it. Do you know if it's the county or a scavanger thats trying to collect?   

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

frown.gif
Since a lender would never let a borrower get this far in arrears on property taxes I'm assuming they don't have a mortgage, right? So if their home is paid off the quickest way to $40k is a home equity loan. You won't find a bank doing any personal loans or any other type of loan for that amount without securing it. Do you know if it's the county or a scavanger thats trying to collect?   

Back
Top Bottom