HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Wish the Heat never traded up to the pick before ours so we could have had Napier.

Last edited:
^Was thinking the same. I had no thought at all that the Hornets would draft him only to trade him to the Heat

Wish the Heat never traded up to the pick before ours so we could have had Napier.
it actually would have hurt cause it would have taken cap space away. People thinking that Napier is the reason lebron picks a team over the other one is just dumb. A rookie point guard isn't swing lebron decision. Harden/Dwight>Napier/wades terrible knees

A rookie point guard isn't swing lebron decision. 
He definitely isn't the breaking point...  hell of a complimentary piece, especially since LBJ requested him.  In order to lure in big names you have to please them...   

hypothetical situation....

if the only way to get LBJ was to trade Harden, Parsons, Lin and Jones out and also get Melo...  would you do it?

Last edited:
Well only way we get melo and lebron is to trade harden. Lin is out anyway and I'm assuming tjones will be gone as well...so would we give up chap to get melo and lebron? Yes.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Funniest is when wiz was talking about how fat amber rose *** was at the mtv awards the year Kanye had the Henny bottle lol

assuming we trade lin like asik and take back no salary, our cap is roughly 44.5 million for:

howard
harden
beverly
canaan
dmo
tjones
covington
casspi
daniels

this doesn't include the 10 million parsons is probably going to get.

i wonder if it's possible to add kyle lowry and maybe channing frye with that 20 million, then resign parsons. not completely sure on how bird rights work.

i know we can, i just don't know how much over the cap we can. if there's any limit or anything like that.

i'm not sure who we even target in FA. do you go for melo? do you try and get lowry + channing frye?

i just don't see us going for lowry because we have beverly canaan at point and nick johnson and troy daniels at the 2. that's 4 small guards as is.

i think the most realistic if we don't go after a star would be to address small forward and power forward.

trevor ariza
boris diaw
channing frye
pj tucker (RFA)
anthony morrow (plays the 2 but he's 6'5 and he's a lights out 3 point shooter. shot 45% last season)
greg oden (half way joking)
pau gasol (trust me, i'm as sick as you are)
jordan hill
vince carter
josh mcroberts

Bird rights were intended so teams can go over the cap to resign their own guys. We can sign Parsons for whatever dollar amount he can get under the salary cap rules while going over the cap. It's when you start to approach the luxury tax when teams start to get nervous.

i just don't see us going for lowry because we have beverly canaan at point and nick johnson and troy daniels at the 2. that's 4 small guards as is.

i think the most realistic if we don't go after a star would be to address small forward and power forward.

trevor ariza
boris diaw
channing frye
pj tucker (RFA)
anthony morrow (plays the 2 but he's 6'5 and he's a lights out 3 point shooter. shot 45% last season)
greg oden (half way joking)
pau gasol (trust me, i'm as sick as you are)
jordan hill
vince carter
josh mcroberts

Ariza or PJ :pimp:

Oden :pimp: (seriously, I'd like a flier on him backing up Dwight, but with another center on the roster as well)

You know how I feel about Hill & Pau

I'm sure this is fake, but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

View media item 1051231

I'd really like to see Love/Bosh on this team… We need a defensive wing and a backup sg 
nerd.gif

Oh, and a backup center (but Love/Bosh can spare Dwight at that center spot for some mins)

Last edited:

I'd really like to see Love/Bosh on this team… We need a defensive wing and a backup sg 
nerd.gif

Oh, and a backup center (but Love/Bosh can spare Dwight at that center spot for some mins)
If Love joins this team, it's championship or bust. I don't see how we wouldn't be Western Conference Champs. Isn't that why we kept McHale?!

If Love joins this team, it's championship or bust. I don't see how we wouldn't be Western Conference Champs. Isn't that why we kept McHale?!

Love and Harden on the floor means near nightly breakout players at the 2 and 4.

Back
Top Bottom