Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

Thoughts kind of all over the place:

Needed that. Huge win. Way to hold on.

Ugly at times, but whatever works. Still can’t let dray and iggy put up these numbers. Way too many wide open layups and 3’s allowed.

We won tonight because we didn’t let them get 10000 offensive rebounds. Capela played more aggressively, but he’s still far from where we need him to be in that aspect.

Harden did enough. Glad he drove more too. That’ll open up the 3 more and more. Got away with a blatant charge there at the end, but they owed us a call from that cp3 box out so whatever. Steph missed that dunk right after and that’s all everyone’s talking about so that no call will he forgotten about anyway.

Gordon is saving our *** and keeping us in every single game. A few boneheaded passes while he was stuck in the air, but he made up for it with enough defensive plays.

Shump out of nowhere decides to start hitting. Then he starts calling for the ball and proceeds to airball lol.

Guys like pj and Beverley will forever be my favorite type of players. All heart.

Me during this game

giphy (6).gif

tenor (5).gif

A win nonetheless, on to game 4!!!

Warriors took care of business at home, and the Rockets took care of business tonight, and will have to do it again on Monday. They showed far more energy and sheer will than they did the previous 2 games (though there were maddening spurts where Capela still looked soft as babywipes), but PJ really came through down the stretch. I say every game that PJ needs between 6-9 points as a starter if he's gonna be on the court for 35+ minutes, and he was sitting at a goose egg for a very long time, and sure enough, he added exactly what he was supposed to offensively. Shout out to Shumpert too, he deserves to bring the flat top back for that performance :lol: they also survived bricked various FTs and spamming turnovers to win this game. Paul did a good job calming guys down when the offense became 3 or bust, and Harden gradually came fire late, great to see. Major props to Gordon, he was HOOPING, and basically playing himself into an extension. Nene brought solid minutes as well simply by being a positive on the court. Gotta do it again Monday.

:rofl: Capela and Hartenstein

Besides the obvious stuff, just wanna say shoutout AR25. Never thought I'd say this but he's legit our first priority when it comes to spending the MLE on our own guys in free agency this year.

Glad the team knows what's at stake. Great mentality. What a roller coaster of a game. Gotta get game 4

And to think I absolutely despised the guy, before he came here. Now I don't know what we'd do without him coming off the bench. Originally I wanted Seth Curry and Brook Lopez in the off season, I'd still love having Brook Lopez, but knowing and seeing what we have now I'd take Rivers 10 out of 10 times. Heres to a long career in Houston Mr. Rivers we got lucky you fell into our laps this season. Oh and Seth who?? :tongue:

And to think I absolutely despised the guy, before he came here. Now I don't know what we'd do without him coming off the bench. Originally I wanted Seth Curry and Brook Lopez in the off season, I'd still love having Brook Lopez, but knowing and seeing what we have now I'd take Rivers 10 out of 10 times. Heres to a long career in Houston Mr. Rivers we got lucky you fell into our laps this season. Seth who??
Brook on this team would be absurd. Can't believe how much he's revitalized his career.

But yeah. S/O AR25. Need him to keep producing. We need every contribution we can get from the bench.

Brook on this team would be absurd. Can't believe how much he's revitalized his career.

But yeah. S/O AR25. Need him to keep producing. We need every contribution we can get

I wanted a stretch 5 soooooo bad, heres to hoping we can snag him this summer. He'd compliment Capela so well IMO.

BTW I got flamed, and roasted for suggesting him on clutchfans.com just goes to show you how much those teens on CF know ball.

Harden got lost on a couple of Klay 3's in transition/ball screens but I thought he did a great job on KD in iso situations. He's been our second best defender on him other than PJ, imo. And it's pretty close between the two. Not to mention he's doing that with his offensive load.

That’s all I wanted them to do is go game by game. It’s a 3 game series now folks. They really need to win that first Oracle game. You don’t need to win 2 on the road if you just go up 3-2 then finish at home. It’s there for the taking.

harden has played pathetic ****ing defense that first half. he needs to wake the **** up. literally just standing around doing the same bs he used to do. shooting 3's and then just letting curry run down the court and get a wide open layup. just standing around and watching the rebound and letting the warriors get it instead of going for it.

that's why he's 5/7 for 14 points and also as 4 assists, but his +/- is -9 smfh

^pretty much the whole team is doing a lot of standing around. Kenny even shown that exactly. Nobody is staying on their man, and Capela...my goodness this guy is playing like this is the preseason. Dude isn’t even jumping for boards. The general shooting is bad, but Capela and Gordon have been awful, and the effort on the boards is terrible.

The game was there for the taking, but for some reason they seemed to lose focus on defense once KD went out. They also didn’t crash the boards like they did the previously two games. Those effort plays weren’t consistently there, and that pretty much lost them the game. Looney, Iggy, and even Jerebko impacted the game far more than they should have. Gotta get game 6 at all costs, no matter who is or isn’t on the court.

PJ Tucker the only only who deserves no slander.

Harden went ghost after dominating the first 3Q.
CP3 looked like a diet Kyle Lowry.
Gordon didn't show up until the 4th.
Clint is unplayable (wtf??!?!).
MDA made ZERO adjustments once KD went out.

ZERO intensity. Always playing down to the opponent and lacking consistency.

We blew a golden opportunity. And we're far from a lock to win even if KD is out. I still believe but man am I frustrated. They better bring it. The rebounding is a complete joke.

I can’t slander Harden at all when he was getting doubled and finding guys for open shots in the 4th, along with keeping them afloat way before then. Their problem wasn’t scoring at that point, it was defense and rebounding. PJ’s foot being on the line basically caused a 6 point swing. Paul and Capela are the ones that deserve all the slander. I’ll add MDA too. He should’ve given Nene extended minutes, as Capela was completely worthless in every aspect. I see he finished with 14 boards, but they were the least impactful boards around. Somehow he was a +8, and Capela was a -14, yet Shump shot 50% and was all over the court, while Capela went 3 for 10 and getting bodied by anyone with a pulse.

Back
Top Bottom