Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

I can’t slander Harden at all when he was getting doubled and finding guys for open shots in the 4th, along with keeping them afloat way before then. Their problem wasn’t scoring at that point, it was defense and rebounding. PJ’s foot being on the line basically caused a 6 point swing. Paul and Capela are the ones that deserve all the slander. I’ll add MDA too. He should’ve given Nene extended minutes, as Capela was completely worthless in every aspect. I see he finished with 14 boards, but they were the least impactful boards around. Somehow he was a +8, and Capela was a -14, yet Shump shot 50% and was all over the court, while Capela went 3 for 10 and getting bodied by anyone with a pulse.
Yeah I think I'm being partially unreasonable after looking at the numbers but I do think Harden needed to be more aggressive especially when the empty possessions we had were when CP was mindlessly dribbling and turning it over. Agree that CP, Clint, MDA, and the defense deserve most of the blame.

We are in a good spot to win game 6, fingers crossed, but the variance is a bit higher even though the margin for error works out better for us. We have to completely change our defensive game plan now. GS is gonna get off 40+ 3's in game 6 I bet. They need to lock up Steph and Klay and force Dray/Iggy/Jerebko/whoever else to beat them. No KD to bail them out anymore; we have no excuses for how much easier it is to defend, and even score. Clint BETTER be a factor now. There isn't the hamptons 5 lineup anymore that exposes him. House should be playable now too.

I can stand to be more optimistic and have better takes but I'm really just mad at what happened and I truly feel it's inexcusable. It's crazy cause I know a lot of us saw us playing down to the competition and lowering our intensity. It always happens

Absolutely frustrating. We close out that game and we’re in prime position to finish them off at home.

Worried about how Steph and klay will play if kd’s out now based on how Steph started taking over immediately after kd went out. They should be allowed to play their games again which could be trouble for us.

If there is even a hint of Capela being a weak ****, Nene and Faried need to instantly be in there. Need max effort from every single person and can’t afford to have any crap like that.

If there is even a hint of Capela being a weak ****, Nene and Faried need to instantly be in there. Need max effort from every single person and can’t afford to have any crap like that.

Capela said he wanted all the smoke with the Warriors and looking scared in the face and playing scared. someone please smack him

He's looking like Hasheem Thabeet out there man

I don’t understand wtf is wrong with capela. He’s turned into such a *****. Then nene out there too old and slow. Why not plug in faried?

Lucky af to be tied at halftime. Just watching every shot and letting them go for every offensive rebound. It’s maddening. How hard is it to box the **** out? All those swing plays are huge and they don’t seem to grasp that.

Letting guys like this impact the game is disgusting
6EB41A33-20E1-4EAD-8850-00CDD8B5E992.jpeg

They have no choice but to pick up that energy in the second half. It’s so or die. Also, is Faried listed as inactive again or something? Capela has been brutal once again and he doesn’t need to see the floor again.

It's been good conversing with y'all man. My fandom dies tonight until they completely rehaul the team. I'll always support Houston but I refuse to cheer for this group of frauds.

This is how it ends.
93CC4E75-8B37-4FE5-B9A0-A1706A8D237F.jpeg

I don’t care about Curry and Klay’s points. We let a bad bench be a major factor. Absolutely disgusting and they deserve every bit of slander that comes to them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WARRIORS. LMAO ROCKET FANS BE LIKE: wE wOuLd hAvE wOn iF Cp0RiNgZ WaS hEaLtHy

It's been good conversing with y'all man. My fandom dies tonight until they completely rehaul the team. I'll always support Houston but I refuse to cheer for this group of frauds.

THIS x100.

Sorry guys but this was utter embarrassing. I told yall from the start that no excuses and this was even worse of a loss then last years Game 7. Team is losers. They deserved to lose trying to play pickup ball against a squad like this. No excuses.

Probably how I feel after calming down a bit.

There’s a lot of reasons why we lost, but Harden wasn’t one of them. You can nitpick certain things (missed FTs tonight and maybe not being as aggressive a game or 2 beforehand), but Capela and MDA were the biggest factors for losing this series. In tonight’s game, it was 2 subs that were extremely questionable, both involving Capela. There were some sequences where Nene was giving you that missing energy and hustle, and general productivity, and then Capela came in. There was another sequence where Paul had the hot hand, knocking down a bunch of shots, then Capela came in again. I get you wanted to give Paul a bit of a rest, but I think at that point, there were only 7 minutes left in the game. That’s inexcusable.

From an outside perspective (I’ll slander the rockets in the playoff thread, won’t do in the team thread), there’s some truth to that StanfordKP tweet.

But they shot themselves in the foot in terms of talking about that computer suggesting they won the series, the constant complaining to the refs and the flopping from cp3. The first two things brought them extra scrutiny. Houston has a good team. Had they won this series, you can make a legit argument they win the title, same as last year. The Chris Paul contract is a killer, especially on the backend, but with some roster tweaks, they should be right back in the mix next season. Until they get past that Warriors hump or make it out the west, they’ll have the reputation they have, but they should have another chance next year.

From an outside perspective (I’ll slander the rockets in the playoff thread, won’t do in the team thread), there’s some truth to that StanfordKP tweet.

But they shot themselves in the foot in terms of talking about that computer suggesting they won the series, the constant complaining to the refs and the flopping from cp3. The first two things brought them extra scrutiny. Houston has a good team. Had they won this series, you can make a legit argument they win the title, same as last year. The Chris Paul contract is a killer, especially on the backend, but with some roster tweaks, they should be right back in the mix next season. Until they get past that Warriors hump or make it out the west, they’ll have the reputation they have, but they should have another chance next year.

It’s over fam. Ain’t no next year anymore and even me as a fan wanted them to ball last playoffs against the Warriors and this one. This is what they wanted and choked. It’s a wrap and that window has closed for this unit.

I really thought nothing could top missing 27 straight 3s at home but they really did it this time. No KD, No DMC, Curry in foul trouble...

Klay and Curry were shooting with nothing to lose and lights out and that’s okay but Rockets were playing pick up ball in an elimination game with no plan. DAntoni and this core should be ashamed of themselves. I’ll never root for this core ever again until they blow it up.

Last edited:

Last year was our best shot. I think even if we beat the Warriors the Bucks would've posed a bigger problem, matchup wise at least. The same problems that plagued us in the regular season were accentuated in the playoffs. They'll still be in contention as long as Harden is there but may never be good enough to get over the hump unless there is some serious roster overhaul and major luck. They're close to GS but I'm resigned to the fact that they just don't have it. And if GS breaks up, there's a couple of other teams that may be on the come up.

^that’s why I simply wanted them to win this round, cause I feel like they’d beat both Denver and Portland, along with Toronto. The Bucks are just a bad matchup, but I would’ve wanted to see them face off in a series regardless. Sucks that Harden’s greatness is stymied by a team like the Warriors that naturally built a team of stars, found a loophole with the cap rise, then signed the ultimate star. Rockets are basically every team that went up against Jordan in the 90s. Ideally, KD, Klay, and Draymond all leave. Realistically, only one or two of them leave.

Back
Top Bottom