Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

^that’s why I simply wanted them to win this round, cause I feel like they’d beat both Denver and Portland, along with Toronto. The Bucks are just a bad matchup, but I would’ve wanted to see them face off in a series regardless. Sucks that Harden’s greatness is stymied by a team like the Warriors that naturally built a team of stars, found a loophole with the cap rise, then signed the ultimate star. Rockets are basically every team that went up against Jordan in the 90s. Ideally, KD, Klay, and Draymond all leave. Realistically, only one or two of them leave.
Harden really ended up having a better postseason than last year by every metric despite playing 2 of the top defenses. He had to shoulder an even bigger load this year. It sucks that he'll bear majority of the blame, but that's what happens when you're a superstar.

He had some low moments but I'm mad this team rarely carries him and he's expected to bail us out of everything. And a lot of that is on coaching too. He will get rightfully criticized but he deserves better

It's been good conversing with y'all man. My fandom dies tonight until they completely rehaul the team. I'll always support Houston but I refuse to cheer for this group of frauds.

this was my immediate reaction as well. already had a little time to cool off and i'm a little more level headed. it sucks. it really does...but most of this season i didn't truly think we could contend for a title. then they finally started putting things together and playing the way we thought we would. i still feel like we truly could have won this series. every single game was close and a play or two down the stretch decided things. we have all the major pieces we need, but we need a big that doesn't disappear when we need him most. harden has literally gotten better every single year he's been in the league. i trust he'll make the necessary adjustments. that tweet is spot on. he didn't go full throttle when we needed him to. hopefully this **** tears him up all summer and he gets that fire and killer mentality. i hope the slander he gets is unbearable. it can only help us in the long run.

like i said, we're still not too far off. warriors i believe will at least lose kd. i think everyone else ends up staying. we can beat them though. just need a couple more pieces that i trust morey to find and just need our guys to grow and finish. they wanted it more tonight and i can only hope that we play like that moving forward.

this was my immediate reaction as well. already had a little time to cool off and i'm a little more level headed. it sucks. it really does...but most of this season i didn't truly think we could contend for a title. then they finally started putting things together and playing the way we thought we would. i still feel like we truly could have won this series. every single game was close and a play or two down the stretch decided things. we have all the major pieces we need, but we need a big that doesn't disappear when we need him most. harden has literally gotten better every single year he's been in the league. i trust he'll make the necessary adjustments. that tweet is spot on. he didn't go full throttle when we needed him to. hopefully this **** tears him up all summer and he gets that fire and killer mentality. i hope the slander he gets is unbearable. it can only help us in the long run.

like i said, we're still not too far off. warriors i believe will at least lose kd. i think everyone else ends up staying. we can beat them though. just need a couple more pieces that i trust morey to find and just need our guys to grow and finish. they wanted it more tonight and i can only hope that we play like that moving forward.
all of this is true, but this is legit stockholm syndrome. i trick myself every year too. i can always see the glass half-empty and half-full side. i gotta see what happens this off-season but i do think we're cursed bros. i just don't know anymore. there is no excuse for what happened these past 2 games. luck handed on a silver platter and they didn't step up. it's tough.

one thing is for sure though, they can't stay pat regardless if they think they can "beat" the warriors. other teams are getting better and better. portland with nurkic, denver gets experience, clips/lakers could add stars. not to mention eastern teams like the bucks and 76ers.

the gap between us and gs got smaller this year but so did us and the rest of the league. nothing will change if they continue to trot out this same roster and playing style. whether they need to up the pace, fire the coach, revamp harden's wingmen, something HAS to change. it's hard to take them seriously otherwise.

i have no idea what's are viable options to improve the team as it currently stands but this off-season is gonna be very telling of this team's future prospects, which do not look good at the moment.

Last edited:
That 3 or else mindset needs to die already, even if it was mostly defense and effort that cost them this series. Harden is very well versed in midrange, yet MDA (and I guess Morey maybe) has taken that completely away from him. But again, anything I say about Harden would be nitpicking. This boiled down to guys that were supposed to be your 2nd and 3rd best players not coming through. Paul’s numbers were pedestrian by his standards, but Capela was the worst player on the floor for most of the series. He singlehandedly costed them games.

Cp played well last night, but besides that he was not good this series. Capela played like a ***** all playoffs.

Cp’s Ungodly contract and harden’s supermax kicking in next season doesn’t leave us much room to do anything I think. Bird rights on most guys we have I believe, but we’ll see what morey comes up with.

They putting a lot of pressure on Morey. He did his job but the team didnt execute. Only thing they can do is trade Capela and picks thats it.

I’m just throwing this out there but if they’re looking to trade players

Chris Paul + Clint Capela + any prospects they have overseas for AD and another player

They putting a lot of pressure on Morey. He did his job but the team didnt execute. Only thing they can do is trade Capela and picks thats it.

Tweeted this earlier, but there’s a dilemma with this team. You can honestly run it back once again and at minimum be at this same point. Unfortunately, that still beats every team other than the Warriors. I don’t know if you make subtle moves or major ones, but whatever it is, your focus should still be 100% on them. Other teams have moved up, but let’s be honest here, most of these teams have overachieved more than anything. I do believe the Nuggets could be a top two team in the West again next year, but I could also see them being beat by teams they technically weren’t supposed to lose to. Pretty big offseason here.

D6fmJ1pWsAA07iq.jpg

Tweeted this earlier, but there’s a dilemma with this team. You can honestly run it back once again and at minimum be at this same point. Unfortunately, that still beats every team other than the Warriors. I don’t know if you make subtle moves or major ones, but whatever it is, your focus should still be 100% on them. Other teams have moved up, but let’s be honest here, most of these teams have overachieved more than anything. I do believe the Nuggets could be a top two team in the West again next year, but I could also see them being beat by teams they technically weren’t supposed to lose to. Pretty big offseason here.

Nah bro aint no running it back anymore against the Warriors. That window is closed and its over.

Gonna be honest year, I'm not concerned with much Rockets news until August or September. I don't have time for any rumors and such after this season.

Gonna be honest year, I'm not concerned with much Rockets news until August or September. I don't have time for any rumors and such after this season.

Feel the same, still got a sour taste after this season, and with not much of anything exciting to look foward to... No real cap space, not really anything of "great" value to trade, no first round draft pick, dont see how we dont regress even more next season unless Morey pulls off something near impossible.

Loser mentality and pathetic. I’m not even sure why Morey posted this:

This is embarrassing him even thinking about posting this :lol: . Good breakdown Peep Game Peep Game but its over & the fact of the matter is the Rockets window closed quicker than we ever thought. West is getting better and better. We had a chance to probably be back to back champions and knock off one of the best teams ever TWICE and we choked.

No coming back from this. Rebuild is coming sooner than we think after next season.

This is embarrassing him even thinking about posting this :lol: . Good breakdown Peep Game Peep Game but its over & the fact of the matter is the Rockets window closed quicker than we ever thought. West is getting better and better. We had a chance to probably be back to back champions and knock off one of the best teams ever TWICE and we choked.

No coming back from this. Rebuild is coming sooner than we think after next season.

I'd just say it's *closing, but just looking up and down the standings, I can see the Rockets finishing exactly where they did in the standings even with no slight change at all, but we most def need changes. A lot of these teams that are "getting better and better" in the West I feel like will simply be fun, tough out teams that'll be picking high in the draft again. After the *** whooping that the Blazers took, I can see them stepping back. I'll never believe the Nuggets until they actually do something. OKC is in somewhat of a similar situation as us, but with a worse bench. Jazz will keep doing what they're doing, valiant efforts. There's just so many variables people thinking this is the end of the line.

Large off-season looming for the entire landscape of the West.

Blazers and Nuggets are more or less the same barring a drastic change. OKC will get Roberson back or draft his replacement but won't be enough. Jazz could swing a trade for a PG like Conley. Lakers/Clippers have cap space. This isn't even taking into account GS and KD (maybe Klay?)

We'll see

Last edited:
i expect harden to get better this summer like he has literally every other summer. hopefully cp3 doesn't regress too much and capela toughens the **** up. we still have one more shot to see where we're at. let's keep in mind that we started off the season HORRIBLY. we were literally in second to last place in the west. then we got it going and eventually moved up to the 2 seed before coming back down a little at the end. literally one harden missed ft in the last game of the regular season where paul george hit the game winner right after at the buzzer cost us the #2 seed.

so yes, the west is getting better, but i still think we're better than denver, portland, okc easily. we just had higher expectations the past 2 seasons and came up short. that's why we're looking at the glass half empty while all those other teams are looking at it half full.

i expect harden to get better this summer like he has literally every other summer. hopefully cp3 doesn't regress too much and capela toughens the **** up. we still have one more shot to see where we're at. let's keep in mind that we started off the season HORRIBLY. we were literally in second to last place in the west. then we got it going and eventually moved up to the 2 seed before coming back down a little at the end. literally one harden missed ft in the last game of the regular season where paul george hit the game winner right after at the buzzer cost us the #2 seed.

so yes, the west is getting better, but i still think we're better than denver, portland, okc easily. we just had higher expectations the past 2 seasons and came up short. that's why we're looking at the glass half empty while all those other teams are looking at it half full.
the last paragraph is right but the gap is getting smaller and smaller which is why there's cause for concern. cp3 had a substantial drop off from last year to this year. his age is also pretty on point with the drop off with other elite PGs in the past.

they really need a secondary go-to scorer that can take the load off of harden or it's gonna be more of the same. one year of prime cp3 isn't enough. cp3/gordon/clint are all really 3rd options at this point. cp3 was supposed to be that guy but he aged drastically and father time caught up. gordon shows up but he's capable of being highly inconsistent and streaky as we saw in game 5 and 6.

clint's gonna need to work heavy on expanding his range this off-season so he doesn't get neutralized by our current two biggest threats: milwaukee and golden state. and i'm not sure he gets there with a single off-season.

barring a drastic trade for a jimmy butler-esque player you're gonna need a lot of in-house development from guys like clint, house, clark, hartenstein. a lot to ask for, especially given MDA's short leash.

not to mention the defensive overhaul and strategy that will probably take place this off-season. that will probably take time to implement and iron out during the regular season as well.

and most of this will cease to matter if KD re-signs, even if we play them better with him there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom