HOUSTON TEXAS, CHECK IN...SPOTS, THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO GO, ETC.ETC.

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

Originally Posted by bruza

eek.gif
 Some of you all make Houston sound like a descent place to live.

I left TX 5 years ago and have no plans to move back anytime soon.  My parents still live in the area (The Woodlands) so I'm there twice a year now. 

Way too hot for me down there. 
laugh.gif
 I do miss the food though. 

NW WA summers ftw! 
truth bruza....went for TSU and the damn heat
mad.gif
that why cats was so crazy down there......always something on the northside
i go back every now and again to visit friends ....i miss breakfast klub....
frenchy's is not a fast food joint...........

pimp.gif
 Nice to still see you on here man. How you been?

laugh.gif
 at you saying "the damn heat" like ATX is cool in the summer. 

Originally Posted by Regal Black

what part of Alief are you talking about? I've been here all my life and havent seen anything close a pretty %$*#!+$. There some decent looking ones
shidddd... alief...
i dunno famb... i'm from lamarque... and when i moved to HBU... i was out there having some fun...

them chicken heads was showin me love...

maybe its just because yall been there so long and yall know them all... 

when i cam... i was like 
eek.gif

pimp.gif

channelview, too... them chicks are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

okay, reviving this to check interest on BBQ
nerd.gif

I've already organized a h town summit, so lets do this (kb, joe[kbizzle megadeth]) lets do something before the 4th?  casual tip.?
If not lmk...again im out the way, of 45 hobby airport
lmk BBQ drinks
pimp.gif

How many people in here are actually from Houston.

It seems there are allot Suburbia folk claiming the H.

I was born and raised in the H.

I love it here but the urban night scene here is atrocious.

Houston is bigger than my hometown (los angeles) i wasnt even aware there was a "suburbia" out here...
and yeah this is a bit rougher a scene than the wet coast

get the summit together......i want to meet more #NT fam out here other than the ones i already know

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I lived in Studewood, just moved to Acres Homes....went to waltrip man.....i was supposed to go to booker t. washington
grin.gif

I'M DOWN FOR A MEETUP I'VE ACTUALLY PROPOSED THIS IN THE HOUSTON THREAD IN THE SOUTHWEST FORUM. I WAS BORN IN HOUSTON BUT HAVEN'T LIVED HERE SINCE I WAS 10 YEARS OLD. JUST MOVED BACK IN FEBRUARY BECAUSE OF A JOB TRANSFER. I LOVE IT HERE. WAYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN LIVING IN CLEVELAND/AKRON AREA.

I LIVE ON WESTHEIMER JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM THE GALLERIA.

SOME PEOPLE THAT REPLIED TO ME IN THE HOUSTON THREAD THAT WERE DOWN FOR A MEETUP:

CKAUFFMAN
BSON504
MATTUT
DEMO95KING
HTOWNTEXAN

I've been here all my life. Feel free to PM or post more questions and I can try to help.

The upscale clubs are pretty decent but not a big production like the ones in Miami, LV, etc. people tell me about. We have a lot of nice restaurants and bars/lounges, too. I've been staying in the Galleria/Uptown area for a bit and try to go out whenever I'm not studying. I've tried a lot of good restaurants/bars, and there are still a fair amount of good ones I haven't been to. So if you like to go out, this is a good place because the city is huge and there are tons of options for every genre/scene and price range you desire. We have pretty good museums as well, and for $160/year you can get a patron-level membership that includes invites to their parties with free drinks (plus early access to the exhibits).

Also, I'd say Montrose hasn't been the "gay" area for 5+ years, now... it's about 90% "artsy" (graffiti, tattoo, hipster, etc.) and the gay crowd has been reduced to a couple blocks around Fairview.

Welcome to the H!

If you are looking for the best spots to party check out AristocratLife.com those guys throw the best parties.

I'm from the SWAT (South West Alief Texas) but i reside in the Galleria area now.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I'M DOWN FOR A MEETUP I'VE ACTUALLY PROPOSED THIS IN THE HOUSTON THREAD IN THE SOUTHWEST FORUM. I WAS BORN IN HOUSTON BUT HAVEN'T LIVED HERE SINCE I WAS 10 YEARS OLD. JUST MOVED BACK IN FEBRUARY BECAUSE OF A JOB TRANSFER. I LOVE IT HERE. WAYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN LIVING IN CLEVELAND/AKRON AREA.

SOME PEOPLE THAT REPLIED TO ME IN THE HOUSTON THREAD THAT WERE DOWN FOR A MEETUP:

CKAUFFMAN
BSON504
MATTUT
DEMO95KING
HTOWNTEXAN

COUNT ME IN ON THAT

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I'm from South Park, but now reside in Fresno Tx. where it's really poppin.

Ask somebody.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

CKAUFFMAN
BSON504
MATTUT
DEMO95KING
HTOWNTEXAN
count me in on that bro.. im down for whatever 

Originally Posted by d e beatup

I was ON that [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chimmy[/color] Timmy Chan's at U of H...until I graduated and can afford real chicken lol.

I tell ya what though bruh, being that this is Niketalk, gotta put you on well in advance - coppin J's is the end all-be all for a huge portion of peeps in the H.  Whether they be dope boys, rachet skeos, collectors, hypebeasts, etc., if it's a popular release, you better come correct.  I've been working in the sneaker culture for the past 5-6 years so it hasn't been an issue for me but my best advice is pick a mall as soon as you can then pick a store & get to work on your connect.  People always make it seem harder than it is but all you gotta do is just be up front with people, be consistent and chill & you never gotta worry about a release again.  But you definitely gonna need a connect for 12/23; unless you get in w/ the Get Money Boyz (from Lakewood
wink.gif
)

Also a few more odds & ends:

- Make sure to get an EZ Tag, being that you're on the NW.  I personally never use it because the feeder is just as fast (quicker actually during rush hour) but like I said it takes forever to get from A to B so it comes in handy if you really need to get somewhere quickly.

- Thank the God Almighty you weren't here in '05 ('06?) for Hurricane Rita and Ike.  Absolutely the worst experience ever!  Make sure to stock up on Hurricane supplies on the real; we haven't had any scares since but lemme tell ya, 17 hrs to drive from downtown to the Woodlands is NOT what's up.  Nor is driving 30 miles to get a gallon of milk.

- For[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] me personally[/color], I think most cops outside of the City of Houston are racist.  Whether it be HCSO, Bellaire, Humble, Jersey Village, Shenandoah, I've had plenty of issues of DWB and it ain't like I'm ridin candy with swangas pokin out either.  But this is just [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]my experience[/color] though; I know plenty of people who've never had issues.  And if you like to speed, keep them eyes open on the freeways cause they post up during rush hour on the inside and outside lanes in unmarkeds; hell I've seen em on the feeder knockin drivers off.

- The first time we have somewhat hard rain or a pinch of cold air it's a huge news story all over the news.  It's hot as hell in the summer of course but they act like it's the end of the world once the temp hits 50 or we get an inch of rain.

- Houston is the most bandwagon city in the United States.  When the Rockets had the 22 game win streak a couple of years ago the town was painted red; now go to a Lastros game and they'll literally have like 8,000 people in the stadium.  Flipside is Texans are finally legit so that's all you gonna hear about come July on.

- This area is the absolute best place IMO to buy a house.  Dunno where you are in life but if it's time to settle down, you're not gonna find better value in many places.  I cringe watching House Hunters & see a 2 bd/1 bath condo go for $300K when down here you can get a 5/3 in a gated community for the same price.

And most importantly, most H-town rap is very basic and simple, nothing really complex to it at all but we jam the hell out of our local artists.  Dunno how much you're into the music scene, but get up on the classics from labels like (old) Swisha House, Wreck Shop, 3rd Coast, Rap-a-Lot, S.U.C. Even if you don't like a local cat, never get into East coast rapper x > local Houston guy - never gonna win that battle.

Sorry for not adding any info in my last post, but this basically sums it up. EZ tag, stock for hurricane season, watch the cops, and this is a bandwagon sports city, and you can't beat the home market at all. I literally laugh when I watch HGTV and see what $200K gets you in other parts of the country. And one more thing for the road.....invest in a CHL and a decent piece, you never know depending on what part of town you're in or depending on what you're getting into these days.

Originally Posted by MrForce1

Originally Posted by d e beatup

I was ON that [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chimmy[/color] Timmy Chan's at U of H...until I graduated and can afford real chicken lol.

I tell ya what though bruh, being that this is Niketalk, gotta put you on well in advance - coppin J's is the end all-be all for a huge portion of peeps in the H.  Whether they be dope boys, rachet skeos, collectors, hypebeasts, etc., if it's a popular release, you better come correct.  I've been working in the sneaker culture for the past 5-6 years so it hasn't been an issue for me but my best advice is pick a mall as soon as you can then pick a store & get to work on your connect.  People always make it seem harder than it is but all you gotta do is just be up front with people, be consistent and chill & you never gotta worry about a release again.  But you definitely gonna need a connect for 12/23; unless you get in w/ the Get Money Boyz (from Lakewood
wink.gif
)

Also a few more odds & ends:

- Make sure to get an EZ Tag, being that you're on the NW.  I personally never use it because the feeder is just as fast (quicker actually during rush hour) but like I said it takes forever to get from A to B so it comes in handy if you really need to get somewhere quickly.

- Thank the God Almighty you weren't here in '05 ('06?) for Hurricane Rita and Ike.  Absolutely the worst experience ever!  Make sure to stock up on Hurricane supplies on the real; we haven't had any scares since but lemme tell ya, 17 hrs to drive from downtown to the Woodlands is NOT what's up.  Nor is driving 30 miles to get a gallon of milk.

- For[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] me personally[/color], I think most cops outside of the City of Houston are racist.  Whether it be HCSO, Bellaire, Humble, Jersey Village, Shenandoah, I've had plenty of issues of DWB and it ain't like I'm ridin candy with swangas pokin out either.  But this is just [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]my experience[/color] though; I know plenty of people who've never had issues.  And if you like to speed, keep them eyes open on the freeways cause they post up during rush hour on the inside and outside lanes in unmarkeds; hell I've seen em on the feeder knockin drivers off.

- The first time we have somewhat hard rain or a pinch of cold air it's a huge news story all over the news.  It's hot as hell in the summer of course but they act like it's the end of the world once the temp hits 50 or we get an inch of rain.

- Houston is the most bandwagon city in the United States.  When the Rockets had the 22 game win streak a couple of years ago the town was painted red; now go to a Lastros game and they'll literally have like 8,000 people in the stadium.  Flipside is Texans are finally legit so that's all you gonna hear about come July on.

- This area is the absolute best place IMO to buy a house.  Dunno where you are in life but if it's time to settle down, you're not gonna find better value in many places.  I cringe watching House Hunters & see a 2 bd/1 bath condo go for $300K when down here you can get a 5/3 in a gated community for the same price.

And most importantly, most H-town rap is very basic and simple, nothing really complex to it at all but we jam the hell out of our local artists.  Dunno how much you're into the music scene, but get up on the classics from labels like (old) Swisha House, Wreck Shop, 3rd Coast, Rap-a-Lot, S.U.C. Even if you don't like a local cat, never get into East coast rapper x > local Houston guy - never gonna win that battle.

Sorry for not adding any info in my last post, but this basically sums it up. EZ tag, stock for hurricane season, watch the cops, and this is a bandwagon sports city, and you can't beat the home market at all. I literally laugh when I watch HGTV and see what $200K gets you in other parts of the country. And one more thing for the road.....invest in a CHL and a decent piece, you never know depending on what part of town you're in or depending on what you're getting into these days.
WTH are you guys doin?
laugh.gif
  Im like a 5' 9" tall white dude with a girlfriend.  these spots seem a little "rough" for a dude like myself
laugh.gif

am totally down for a meetup.  the last out here I went to was at the galleria, so anywhere near there is fine by me
pimp.gif

I'm down, too. I may be limited to some activities because I don't turn 21 until August, though.
frown.gif

I chill with smlb52 a lot and a few other NT'ers I've met through twitter. And a couple of other NT'ers that were already my friends.

What it do?
nerd.gif

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN A MEETUP. SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I'LL YOU TO THE MAILING LIST. I GOT 6 PEOPLE SO FAR INCLUDING MYSELF.

I was born in Houston but currently in SF and whenever I visit fam out there I always gotta go to Lupe Tortilla.
pimp.gif

Meetup.. I can do a lil drop by.. Depends when though..
Oh also check out my boy Brandon and his spot Burger Guys.. Best burgers I've had in Houston by far..

Bayou Place on a Friday night is a must! City Centre near Memorial City mall is very nice place to visit too. Rice Village or Washington Ave are both good for bar-hopping.

Originally Posted by fatpat1251

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Maaaan Almeda Mall used to be the &@^#, then...something happened. Idk, I usually go there cause that's
the only place where I know a Champs Sports is.

I know when the Grey XI's dropped in 01 I think, a kid got trampled and died I believe...
I was Greenspoint when they robbed everyone in line when the first DMP dropped... I was chillin in my car thou, everyone out in line got jacked...

I was at Baybrook when that shady !%* manager at the bred XI & taxi XII DMP release was charging $500-$750 a pop for em.... He bought the whole stock I believe.... He got fired thou...

Ive seen it all.....

BTW, if u wanna cop early and only get taxed a lil, hit up Active Athlete at least before they charge the D-Boy prices 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Naw...you couldnt have been lol. me and my dude copped them, walked right back to his truck, and went home....

Back
Top Bottom