How bad has your life been since 2000? Vol: Blame Bush?

Unfortunately, this line of thinking is lost when candidates dangle benefits and empty promises in front of voters. The Gipp had it right..."government isthe problem." Less is more. IMO, the federal government should be concerned only with National Security and a very very minimal safety net of socialwelfare to help people pull themselves back up. The rest should be in the hands of the states where citizens can decide on a more individual level howgovernment best serves their interests.

I think it was wawaweewa that posted the video that pointed put citizens are better at getting everything done than the government. There is just too much forthe government to manage regardless off its size for it to be efficient and should be limited to protecting us from outside attackers, making laws andproviding infrastructure. It seems like everything other than highways decline once the gov gets involved, education a prime example. Everything else should beleft to citizens.

I'm astonished that I'm going to be the one to have to throw some anti-Bush sentiment to balance this thread out.

Yes, Bush was not responsible for the majority of the "disasters" that have happened since 2000 but he hasn't exactly responded well to themeither. If he didn't make such a great punch-line people wouldn't be so opposed to him on the average.

Also I'm glad there are people who realize that the person sitting in office doesn't control everything and often benefits/suffers from those who camebefore (aka why so many people say the Clinton years were the best even though Clinton himself had little to do with it).

Less government? Hell no... screw that noise. More government for me. Why?

Because I am paying a grip of taxes to the FEDERAL government thats why!

Do you people realize how much in taxes we pay to the Federal government in comparison to State taxes? So yes I expect a lot from the govt. They want to takemy money, then they better give us something.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My life keeps getting better... and better... and better... and better.[/color]
happy.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Do you people realize how much in taxes we pay to the Federal government in comparison to State taxes? So yes I expect a lot from the govt. They want to take my money, then they better give us something.

The point is that with smaller government, you would be paying less in taxes.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Do you people realize how much in taxes we pay to the Federal government in comparison to State taxes? So yes I expect a lot from the govt. They want to take my money, then they better give us something.
A good chunk of those taxes go to support our troops. National Defense, politician salary, politician upkeep in DC, and numerous other things. That's the reason why we pay such high federal tax compared to state.

Give the man partial credit for creating millions of jobs for people.

I am also a registered independent, however I think that many are forgetting how bad things have gotten over the last 8 years. This economic crisis is due tothe massive deregulation and that is why government is needed. Also, Palin should be an insult to any voter. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by HUalum

I am also a registered independent, however I think that many are forgetting how bad things have gotten over the last 8 years. This economic crisis is due to the massive deregulation and that is why government is needed. Also, Palin should be an insult to any voter. Just my opinion.
Shouldn't there be some degree of personal accountability? I mean a majority of this economic crisis is because of bad mortgages and bankstying these bad mortgages to investments... Sure gas prices have gone up, but they've come back down... And is still falling... Why does the governmentneed to step in? If anything, the bailout initiated by the government was a complete failure. Same with the stimulus. They (Democrats) also created thesub-prime crisis because they felt everyone should have a home. Frankly a majority of Americans don't deserve a home based off their lack of disciplinewith their income. And Palin is the reason McCain will lose this election.
smh.gif

Since 2000 to now I have seen things get better for me I understand the whole economic crisis however I have no complaints gas prices aren't an issue forme I have a 5 min. drive to work. However I do have co-workers driving 40 miles to work and felt their pain a few months ago (gas is going down however).I've never understood the "blame Bush" mentality I guess when things go good for America that wasn't his doing?

Bush FTW

Sometimes I wonder what my life would've been like if Al Gore was president. Maybe it would've been a lot easier for me to do the things I wanted to doin my life. Those very things I can't do even do now.

Back
Top Bottom