HOW BIG OF AN UPSET WOULD A PACERS GAME 7 WIN BE?

Of course this will be one of the biggest upsets of the decades NT'ers think about it... Miami has been to the Finals everytime since they assembled. Miami is chosen to run the East and probably NBA for the next two-three seasons. If they go down to a lesser talented basketball team missing their best player in Danny Granger, The Heatles will not be able to run away from the criticisms of the media.

Lol. Heatles. Never heard that one. You coin that or am i just late to the party again. Prolly the latter knowin my old *** heh.

:lol: Its all gravy, man.

takes da sting out of da knicks losing thats for sure....

Haha. I know that feeling well. For some reason it immediately reminded me of being a Barkley/Suns fan in 94-95. Rockets knocked them off in 7 on the way to the chip both yrs. Its like, you can take solace in losin to the eventual champs but its sooooo bittersweet. U seem like a good dude ninja. My apologies for the fact ur a knicks fan. Melo is never gonna get em there without more help imo. Ive been wrong on many occasions and id love to be wrong on this one for ur sake tho ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
eyes.gif
not sure if serious...

On another level you lose the casual fan aspect because no one can identify with players on the Spurs or Pacers. At basketball courts all over America, the courts will be empty at 8 p.m., because everyone has to go watch "Bron" - nobody is rushing home to go see Tiago, George, Roy, Matt, or anyone else on those squads. You even have Stephen A Smith saying, I need to be in South Beach, not being excited to see the River Walk or Corn Fields. Dudes may even start talking to their wives, girlfriends, because they are not interested in that finals matchup.

With all that being said, I see the Heat winning game 7.

TBH if kids wanna get better at basketball a Spurs/Pacers series is amazing to watch. The most fundamentally sound offense (Spurs) is playing a team that has one of, if not the best, team defense in the league (Pacers). People complain that the Spurs have the most boring offense in the league, but if you really look at what they run its amazing. Next to the LA triangle the Spurs run one of the most complicated offenses in the league (Option Offense) IMO. Kids these days don't know the fundamentals anymore all they look for is flash and a running game. Pacers defense is evident in how Wade and Bosh are playing now, which is some of the worst basketball we've seen them play in the playoffs ever.

I'm praying for a Spurs/Pacers final, for someone that enjoys classic basketball that'd be a series to watch. Plus if Heat lose then I'll be able to see who the real basketball fans are and who are the fakes that just scream out "Bron Bron Bron".

I'm pretty sure every dope was saying the heat shouldn't play and should be handed the title. no one can beat them. they won 27 or whatever the amount was straight. lebron is the greatest savior ever.

just bc ind is out playin the heat and pound for pound are a better all around team than the heat doesn't mean this isn't one of the biggest upsets in nba history.
people that mention Dallas forget that they weren't a "dynasty" , they just finished first that year. we're talkin about lebrick James. the savior. the messiah.

and a big F you to the people who say he needs more help. you're right they should sign d Howard and chris Paul next year.

/rant

Last edited:
Back in January I picked Indiana to win it all. 3 of their starters have been all stars. Add granger and that's 4. These guys are good, but they just aren't talked about. It would be considered a huge upset to those that don't really follow basketball. To those of us that do follow, it would be surprising, but not that surprising.

If they get a legit pg like cp or rondo :smh: RIP to the nba.

Needs Help =/= Adding another superstar to the roster

Needs Help = Needs his teammates to play up to their standards

Hilarious how Wade and Bosh have been bums all series, but dudes already puttin all the blame on Lebron. The Hate is real...

Back in January I picked Indiana to win it all. 3 of their starters have been all stars. Add granger and that's 4. These guys are good, but they just aren't talked about. It would be considered a huge upset to those that don't really follow basketball. To those of us that do follow, it would be surprising, but not that surprising.

If they get a legit pg like cp or rondo :smh: RIP to the nba.

As a new orleans native...pray for rondo. Cp is a choker imo. But as far as indiana goes...i think anyone who watched these teams battle in the semis last yr could see a rivalry evolving. thru 4 games last yr these teams were dead even. amazingly the bosh injury seemed to ignite miami. indiana is for real..even without one of their best players. Is it monday night yet? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Needs Help =/= Adding another superstar to the roster

Needs Help = Needs his teammates to play up to their standards

Hilarious how Wade and Bosh have been bums all series, but dudes already puttin all the blame on Lebron. The Hate is real...

It comes with the territory.

When people have listened to...

-Comparisons to MJ
-Why "he will average a triple double next season"
-How he makes his teammates "better"
- etc.

...there will be backlash when things don't pan out.

If he "needs help" then why doesn't he activate that "teammate enhancement power" he's known for. He's going to get al the blame in a loss, just as he would get all the glory in victory.

Check Wade's and Bosh's faces when LeBron says it's going to be "easy":

(Go to 40 second mark)

I don't think people are understanding this question. Lol. Yes it would be a big upset. Knicks fans will probably disagree but it would be a bigger upset than the heat losing in 99. I think to put it into perspective, imagine if the bulls had lost to the Knicks in 92. I'd say its on that level.

Talbert

Basically.
I picked it to go 7 games.
Game 7 the refs WONT let miami lose. If the heat lose ill be surprised, not because they'll play well but the zebras will.

The refs had their chances to let miami win 2 of those 3 games if it matter and of couse stern could've suspened hibbert, the best team always wins.

It wouldn't have been anything monumental... Since it would have been the Heat, there would have been a lot of attention on the matter, but with how well the Pacers have been playing & the emerging star in Paul George & Hibbert really coming into his own, all while 2/3 of Miami's big 3 was struggling, it wouldn't have been much of a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom