How come Paul Pierce gets no respect?

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--I respect his game. His skill as a bball player.
--I just think its funny that his facial expressions looks like he gets shot (literally) on every other play.

--I just dont respect my homies that have liked him as their favorite player all of a sudden being "die hard Celtic fans". Same with my dudes who had KG as their favorite player during his years in Minnesota.
Exactly how come this doesn't make em die hard Celts fans? 

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--I respect his game. His skill as a bball player.
--I just think its funny that his facial expressions looks like he gets shot (literally) on every other play.

--I just dont respect my homies that have liked him as their favorite player all of a sudden being "die hard Celtic fans". Same with my dudes who had KG as their favorite player during his years in Minnesota.
Exactly how come this doesn't make em die hard Celts fans? 

--Cuz they are fairweather Celtic fans. One of my best friends I graduated with never rooted for the Celitcs but had Pierce jerseys up in his closet. They get Ray and KG, then all of a sudden its like he been watching this whole time. Same with KG.

Originally Posted by Ground King

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

hes tougher than kobe

and has never given up on his team like kobe has all those times.
Yeah ok
laugh.gif

People are quick to forget that that same summer when the Cs got KG & Ray Allen that he was saying he was going to demand a trade if the C's didn't make any improvements to the team.

Tougher than Kobe? Hell nah.

Lets see Kobe in the past 2 years has played through 2  separate finger injuries. A bad knee, sprained ankle, had his knee drained recently, a shoulder injury and yet is still the best player on the planet right now.

kobe has demanded to be traded more than once,so all you laker stans need to chill

and kobe's ALWAYS had better talent around him than pierce

go ahead bring up smush and kwame and i'll bring up like 100+ bums that pierce has played with

cant wait til he hoists another trophy on yall

and as far as toughness goes,

the hits that he took in that orlando series alone woulda had kobe yellin his signature "AYYYEEE!!!!"  every trip down the floor.
kobe > pierce. any basketball fan can see this... now sir, please

gtfo1.gif

I remember that video of kobe in the parking lot calling bynum a scrub, and talking about the whole laker organization, and being two phone calls away from being traded to chicago.

Originally Posted by Ground King

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

hes tougher than kobe

Yeah ok
laugh.gif

People are quick to forget that that same summer when the Cs got KG & Ray Allen that he was saying he was going to demand a trade if the C's didn't make any improvements to the team.

Tougher than Kobe? Hell nah.

Lets see Kobe in the past 2 years has played through 2  separate finger injuries. A bad knee, sprained ankle, had his knee drained recently, a shoulder injury and yet is still the best player on the planet right now.

kobe has demanded to be traded more than once,so all you laker stans need to chill

and kobe's ALWAYS had better talent around him than pierce

go ahead bring up smush and kwame and i'll bring up like 100+ bums that pierce has played with

cant wait til he hoists another trophy on yall

and as far as toughness goes,

the hits that he took in that orlando series alone woulda had kobe yellin his signature "AYYYEEE!!!!"  every trip down the floor.
kobe > pierce. any basketball fan can see this... now sir, please

http://www.allkpop.com.lg...d/2009_stories/gtfo1.gif src="http://www.allkpop.com.lg1x1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/old/2009_stories/gtfo1.gif">

This is the greatest gif ever for people talking reckless.

Pierce tougher than kobe?  At what, faking injuries?

Originally Posted by Gunner ThirtyTwo

hes tougher than kobe

Leave.

Kobe is definitely tougher than pierce.  But, those weird playoff games where kobe didn't take a shot and looked like he didn't care are definitely a bad look for him.
I don't really like pierce, he's a whiny woman on the court nowadays.  NT'ers also claim he's a hall of famer, I don't see it.  He's never been one of the top 5-7 players in the game during his career.  He has no regular season MVPs, no scoring titles, no Defensive Player of the Years.  Doesn't seem like a HOF player.

he's nothing more than a regular all star in the league.
I'd put Iverson and other guys above him.

Only reason he's talked highly of right now is because he got lucky. Lucky he got garnett and ray allen there to help him win his ring.
If those 2 guys aren't there, he'll just be another dude no one cares about.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
shogun wrote:

NT'ers also claim he's a hall of famer, I don't see it.  He's never been one of the top 5-7 players in the game during his career.  He has no regular season MVPs, no scoring titles, no Defensive Player of the Years.  Doesn't seem like a HOF player.

This.

I swear people throw out hof so easily to me it kind of dilutes its significants.  He has won 1 title.  He is not Hall of Fame worthy and if he is inducted its because he's a loyal celtic

NBA
  • NBA Champion: 2008
  • NBA Finals MVP: 2008
  • All-NBA Second Team: 2009
  • 3-time All-NBA Third Team: 2002, 2003, 2008
  • 8-time NBA All-Star: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
  • NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1999
  • NBA 3-Point Contest Winner: 2010
  • NBA regular-season leader, total points: 2002 (2144)
  • NBA regular-season leader, free throws made: 2003 (604

I dont like him for several reason
1. I dont think he is that great.  He is a good scorer with good footwork but the buck stops there
2. He keeps trying to grow facial hair
3. Against the Cavs he was a no show and then tried to switch it to blame it on gaurding lebron
4. After winning a championship with KG and Ray Allen he proclaimed himself the best basketball player in the world...
5. His on court antics are just punk like...I cannot see how any one think he's tough

There is a reason why free agents didnt go join just PP, KG waited till they got Ray because he didnt feel just him and PP could do anything.

Im not mad hahaha

Like plenty of other people have said, Pierce gets no respect from me because he acts like a soccer player on the court, whining and flopping all over the place and begging for calls. Then again, that's the culture of the NBA today: miss a shot, whine about no foul call. Make a shot, whine about no foul call. Someone makes a shot on you, whine about a push-off.

Plus, I can't respect how dude's ego blew up once he got a ring. Maybe he was always like that and just showed it once he had the hardware to back it up, but his teams didn't do much until he got two future-HOFers to play with.

I respect dude's ability and the numbers that he puts/has put up, but as far as the way he plays... Enh.

Originally Posted by EB4President

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
shogun wrote:

NT'ers also claim he's a hall of famer, I don't see it.  He's never been one of the top 5-7 players in the game during his career.  He has no regular season MVPs, no scoring titles, no Defensive Player of the Years.  Doesn't seem like a HOF player.

This.

I swear people throw out hof so easily to me it kind of dilutes its significants.  He has won 1 title.  He is not Hall of Fame worthy and if he is inducted its because he's a loyal celtic

NBA
  • NBA Champion: 2008
  • NBA Finals MVP: 2008
  • All-NBA Second Team: 2009
  • 3-time All-NBA Third Team: 2002, 2003, 2008
  • 8-time NBA All-Star: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
  • NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1999
  • NBA 3-Point Contest Winner: 2010
  • NBA regular-season leader, total points: 2002 (2144)
  • NBA regular-season leader, free throws made: 2003 (604

I dont like him for several reason
1. I dont think he is that great.  He is a good scorer with good footwork but the buck stops there
2. He keeps trying to grow facial hair
3. Against the Cavs he was a no show and then tried to switch it to blame it on gaurding lebron
4. After winning a championship with KG and Ray Allen he proclaimed himself the best basketball player in the world...
5. His on court antics are just punk like...I cannot see how any one think he's tough

There is a reason why free agents didnt go join just PP, KG waited till they got Ray because he didnt feel just him and PP could do anything.

Im not mad hahaha

Huh?  Garnett was traded to the C's....

Pierce is a LOCK for the HOF...his run w. KG and Ray Allen solidified that. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Please believe Garnett had some influence of where he wanted to go.  I recall an interview where he stated he had options, and it was only after C's acquired Ray that he "OK" the Celtic trade. 

HOF lock though?  like how, im being serious not tryna be a jerk but  he was never top 5 at what he does.

[table][tr][th=""]Year [/th][th=""]Team [/th][th=""]GP [/th][th=""]GS [/th][th=""]MPG [/th][th=""]FG% [/th][th=""]3P% [/th][th=""]FT% [/th][th=""]RPG [/th][th=""]APG [/th][th=""]SPG [/th][th=""]BPG [/th][th=""]PPG [/th][/tr][tr][td]1998–99[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]48[/td][td]47[/td][td]34.0[/td][td].439[/td][td].412[/td][td].713[/td][td]6.4[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]16.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]1999–00[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]73[/td][td]72[/td][td]35.4[/td][td].442[/td][td].343[/td][td].798[/td][td]5.4[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]2.1[/td][td].9[/td][td]19.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]2000–01[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]38.0[/td][td].454[/td][td].383[/td][td].745[/td][td]6.4[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.7[/td][td].8[/td][td]25.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001–02[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]40.3[/td][td].442[/td][td].404[/td][td].809[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]3.2[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]26.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2002–03[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]79[/td][td]79[/td][td]39.2[/td][td].416[/td][td].302[/td][td].802[/td][td]7.3[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]1.8[/td][td].8[/td][td]25.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003–04[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]38.7[/td][td].402[/td][td].299[/td][td].819[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]5.1[/td][td]1.6[/td][td].6[/td][td]23.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004–05[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]36.1[/td][td].455[/td][td].370[/td][td].822[/td][td]6.6[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]1.6[/td][td].5[/td][td]21.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005–06[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]79[/td][td]79[/td][td]39.0[/td][td].471[/td][td].354[/td][td].772[/td][td]6.7[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]1.4[/td][td].4[/td][td]26.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006–07[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]47[/td][td]46[/td][td]37.0[/td][td].439[/td][td].389[/td][td].796[/td][td]5.9[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]1.0[/td][td].3[/td][td]25.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007–08[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]35.9[/td][td].464[/td][td].392[/td][td].843[/td][td]5.1[/td][td]4.5[/td][td]1.3[/td][td].4[/td][td]19.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008–09[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]81[/td][td]81[/td][td]37.5[/td][td].457[/td][td].391[/td][td].830[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]1.0[/td][td].3[/td][td]20.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009–10[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]71[/td][td]71[/td][td]34.0[/td][td].472[/td][td].414[/td][td].852[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.2[/td][td].4[/td][td]18.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td][/td][td]884[/td][td]881[/td][td]37.3[/td][td].445[/td][td].369[/td][td].802[/td][td]6.1[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]1.5[/td][td].6[/td][td]22.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]All-Star[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][td]14.1[/td][td].500[/td][td].160[/td][td].778[/td][td]2.9[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]1.5[/td][td].0[/td][td]10.9[/td][/tr][/table]

He just seemed like a go to guy on an NBA team, and I dont think go to guys should be HOF worthy.  But I guess if Jacki MacMillan can get in, so can PP.  I know numbers dont tell everything, but you're saying if he didnt win another ring, and lost this finals, and Boston faded again, he would be HOF, I def think people are in the moment when they make certain hall of fame statements.

Originally Posted by EB4President

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Please believe Garnett had some influence of where he wanted to go.  I recall an interview where he stated he had options, and it was only after C's acquired Ray that he "OK" the Celtic trade. 

HOF lock though?  like how, im being serious not tryna be a jerk but  he was never top 5 at what he does.

[table][tr][th=""]Year [/th][th=""]Team [/th][th=""]GP [/th][th=""]GS [/th][th=""]MPG [/th][th=""]FG% [/th][th=""]3P% [/th][th=""]FT% [/th][th=""]RPG [/th][th=""]APG [/th][th=""]SPG [/th][th=""]BPG [/th][th=""]PPG [/th][/tr][tr][td]1998–99[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]48[/td][td]47[/td][td]34.0[/td][td].439[/td][td].412[/td][td].713[/td][td]6.4[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]16.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]1999–00[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]73[/td][td]72[/td][td]35.4[/td][td].442[/td][td].343[/td][td].798[/td][td]5.4[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]2.1[/td][td].9[/td][td]19.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]2000–01[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]38.0[/td][td].454[/td][td].383[/td][td].745[/td][td]6.4[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.7[/td][td].8[/td][td]25.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001–02[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]40.3[/td][td].442[/td][td].404[/td][td].809[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]3.2[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]26.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2002–03[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]79[/td][td]79[/td][td]39.2[/td][td].416[/td][td].302[/td][td].802[/td][td]7.3[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]1.8[/td][td].8[/td][td]25.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003–04[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]38.7[/td][td].402[/td][td].299[/td][td].819[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]5.1[/td][td]1.6[/td][td].6[/td][td]23.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004–05[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]82[/td][td]82[/td][td]36.1[/td][td].455[/td][td].370[/td][td].822[/td][td]6.6[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]1.6[/td][td].5[/td][td]21.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005–06[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]79[/td][td]79[/td][td]39.0[/td][td].471[/td][td].354[/td][td].772[/td][td]6.7[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]1.4[/td][td].4[/td][td]26.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006–07[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]47[/td][td]46[/td][td]37.0[/td][td].439[/td][td].389[/td][td].796[/td][td]5.9[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]1.0[/td][td].3[/td][td]25.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007–08[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]35.9[/td][td].464[/td][td].392[/td][td].843[/td][td]5.1[/td][td]4.5[/td][td]1.3[/td][td].4[/td][td]19.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008–09[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]81[/td][td]81[/td][td]37.5[/td][td].457[/td][td].391[/td][td].830[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]1.0[/td][td].3[/td][td]20.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009–10[/td][td]Boston[/td][td]71[/td][td]71[/td][td]34.0[/td][td].472[/td][td].414[/td][td].852[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.2[/td][td].4[/td][td]18.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td][/td][td]884[/td][td]881[/td][td]37.3[/td][td].445[/td][td].369[/td][td].802[/td][td]6.1[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]1.5[/td][td].6[/td][td]22.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]All-Star[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][td]14.1[/td][td].500[/td][td].160[/td][td].778[/td][td]2.9[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]1.5[/td][td].0[/td][td]10.9[/td][/tr][/table]

He just seemed like a go to guy on an NBA team, and I dont think go to guys should be HOF worthy.  But I guess if Jacki MacMillan can get in, so can PP.  I know numbers dont tell everything, but you're saying if he didnt win another ring, and lost this finals, and Boston faded again, he would be HOF, I def think people are in the moment when they make certain hall of fame statements.

If Pierce isn't a lock for the HOF, then the committee needs to take out guys like Clyde Drexler and not even give any consideration Ray Allen.   

i usually dont like players from ku minus a few here and there
looks like his breath stinks, horrible sideburns
acts like hes been shot every time hes fouled,

i might not like him that much but always respected his game,
he didnt pull a kobe when the C's were crappy, cry, quit on his team and demand a trade
his game looks slow and boring but dude is very effective

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

Originally Posted by acidicality

He "looks" un-athletic and slow, but he's not.
yup, and people are just mad that he's a good basketball player.
Add "He beat US in the finals" and that's me
laugh.gif

Nah but really, I think it's cuz he just baits the #!*$ outta people. Paul gets 40 points off pump fakes and making YOU mess up on guarding him. That would piss me off too! It's not like Lebron's relentles attack, or Kobe's effortless barrage of midrange jays (where you just go, man I wasn't gonna stop that dude no damn way
smh.gif
)... This prick Paul just makes YOU mess up guarding him 22-28 times a game
laugh.gif
. Then shoots 16 for that 22-28. That's at least 32 points... all in yo @@!.. from a *%$%* with pre-teen facial hair...
laugh.gif
.. Come on man.. It's like Carmello without the entertaining part. Carmello (no +!++) looks good when he's lighting yo @@! up. He's smiling, doing finesse moves, and all sorts of highlight reel plays with his headband and charismatic arm sleeve
grin.gif
. Paul's out there looking like your awkwardly OVER-effective step dad in the drive way. Just posting you up and bobbing yo dumb @@! left and right.. and he's BEEN doing it....and you still ain't gonna stop him... he's like a black Hedo..
laugh.gif
.... I'm calling him He-be.. cuz you know He-be getting it in for no reason
smh.gif

How can you not like pierce? dude doesnt have any physical advantages on the court. not super athletic, fast/quick and he shoot's J's w/ defenders in his face like he's in warmups...

he just gets baskets and is a crafty scorer who gets it done w/o using a lot of athleticism

I hate him for one reason and one reason only. The crying and whining.

He has become so hard to even tolerate because of his complaining. The man will complain about every call, and make a scene about it. You think eventually he would take the skirt off, man up, and play ball.

I respect his game in terms of basketball abilities. I do not respect his attitude for the game and how he plays it.

I don't really see him complaining that often. He has stepped up the flopping in the last year it seems. The up fake/lean in has been in his repertoire for years now.

And not making the HOF? Get outta here with that. He's probably cracking the top 50 soon if he hasn't already.

hes everything you want from a player...clutch with great offensive awareness
was a fan of him since the buzz he created during his time inglewood high and then throughout his time as a jayhawk...heartbroken that he was drafted as a celtic and ive hated him ever since but i still have nothing but respect for the truth even if hes a little actress

Back
Top Bottom