How come Paul Pierce gets no respect?

Simmons' top players list is pretty legit even if he is a Celtics fan. There was a ton of historical research and time put into it and any basketball fan has to respect it, tbh. He had Pierce at #54 at the time of the book's publishing, subtract about 6 places for homerism and we're still talking someone who can easily crack the top 50. We're not talking about leapfrogging David Robinson and $$$@. We're talking Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, and Dolph Schayes.

No first team because he has Tim Duncan and Lebron James as Forwards for most of the damn decade. And the voters give no respect to losing teams. Not entirely Pierce's fault. 

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

hes tougher than kobe

and has never given up on his team like kobe has all those times.
QFT
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I never said Paul Pierce is a lock for the HOF, I'm just stating your ridiculous criteria of just using the All NBA team against Paul like it's the end all and that it "says enough" about the argument is completely ridiculous. You are basing your ENTIRE argument around the All-NBA team like that should solidify your knowledge of Paul Pierce and HOF criteria. Like DoubleJ's said before, a HOF lock isn't saying that he'll get in first ballot but that he will get in.

I was using Melo as an example to your flawed logic on All NBA suddenly = HOF status or relevancy status. You fail to even understand any of my points towards your ridiculous mention of All NBA about how forward deep the last decade has been.

Paul Pierce was a borderline elite scorer consistently throughout his career. Besides Antoine Walker, he put that team on his back throughout his career and their playoff runs. And with all the records he broke in a Celtics uniform for that storied franchise in only 12 years of playing, you're goddamn right he belongs in the HOF.

This is the Basketball HOF not just the NBA HOF. So his First Team AA, FOTY, All Big 12 first team twice and his Conference Tournmanet MVP will be included in the voting.
I'm just saying. His achievements don't equal automatic HOF'er IMO. Not even to say the least, I just don't see it.

I don't think Paul Pierce is a GREAT player, I just don't. The NBA HOF should be players that totally changed the game, did things that were damn near impossible to top. Just, great players. I don't see that in Pierce. To me, he has always been a elite player for a weak team.

I guess in three years we will be able to say the same thing about Joe Johnson.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by bittersweet

My dude, how is Paul Pierce a lock for the HOF?! His jersey is going to be retired in BOS, and he's going to be in the Celtic HOF, but damn.

He has never made the NBA All-First Team, he JUST made the 2nd team in 2009.

WHERE in that is a "LOCK" for the HOF? His achievements are "meh" for a guy that you people are saying is a lock for the HOF and a great.

If the dude has been in the league for 12 years, you have to come with a better argument about Melo who has been in for like 7.
Do you think anyone really takes you seriously around here?

Here are some facts. The guys doing the voting for the HOF, you know, the writers and fellow HOF'ers... ALWAYS talk about Pierce as a future HOF'er. There's no doubt. Every C's game "The 3 HOF'ers" and you know damn well which 3 players they're referring to. Finals MVP, 8-time All-Star, close to 20k points, chance for 2 rings, and a guy who scored 25-26ppg in his prime...

I'll take the guys voting Pierce in over some clueless sports fan who doesn't know #@!% about anything.
Who cares who takes me seriously? You're the one responding to my posts.
laugh.gif

You can't predict what's going to happen, who's going to be in ... I stated my opinion, as others.

Stop being mad & get over it. All top 50 players DON'T make the Hall of Fame.

his game is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
he is a cotdamn killer in the 4th but its his personality that people hate like kobe. kobe's game is amazing to watch and its appreciated but his personality is what people dislikes.

If Dennis Johnson can get into the HOF than I don't see how Paul Pierce can't get in.

It may take some time though just like what happened to DJ .

I never said Paul Pierce is a lock for the HOF, I'm just stating your ridiculous criteria of just using the All NBA team against Paul like it's the end all and that it "says enough" about the argument is completely ridiculous. You are basing your ENTIRE argument around the All-NBA team like that should solidify your knowledge of Paul Pierce and HOF criteria. Like DoubleJ's said before, a HOF lock isn't saying that he'll get in first ballot but that he will get in.

I was using Melo as an example to your flawed logic on All NBA suddenly = HOF status or relevancy status. You fail to even understand any of my points towards your ridiculous mention of All NBA about how forward deep the last decade has been.

Paul Pierce was a borderline elite scorer consistently throughout his career. Besides Antoine Walker, he put that team on his back throughout his career and their playoff runs. And with all the records he broke in a Celtics uniform for that storied franchise in only 12 years of playing, you're goddamn right he belongs in the HOF.

This is the Basketball HOF not just the NBA HOF. So his First Team AA, FOTY, All Big 12 first team twice and his Conference Tournmanet MVP will be included in the voting.
I'm just saying. His achievements don't equal automatic HOF'er IMO. Not even to say the least, I just don't see it.

I don't think Paul Pierce is a GREAT player, I just don't. The NBA HOF should be players that totally changed the game, did things that were damn near impossible to top. Just, great players. I don't see that in Pierce. To me, he has always been a elite player for a weak team.

lol why does anybody even reply to this girl,she says the dumbest **#

EB4President wrote:
doublejs- i agree with you, his first step and footwork is insane, but when people say HOF Lock, I think first ballot no question. No matter who is eligible that year along side him he will make it. IMO PP is not a hall of fame LOCK

He really hasnt accomplished much ( im not just talking about playoffs and championship, but even individual accolades)

To the other guy who says he has no weakness in his game,,,SHUT up, there are things every player can work on, Paul ballhandling skills are not the best ( have you seen him crossover?)

And whoever said PP is top 50 of all time? you have to be kidding yourself right? of ALL time? do people seriouly think like that?

PP got game but I just dont see him as HOF LOCK, I dont see him as TOP 50, and honestly in the 00s PP was never top 5 player in the league, not 1 year. No team ever feared PP until KG and Ray came along and that had to do with KG and Ray coming along

I dont know the future or past, but I think if VC or TMAC for Ray and KG both of them might have a ring, are they HOF locks as well?
yea like i said paul has no weakness in his game.

aint nothing wrong wit his crossover

and i can tell you did watch any celtics games before 2008

what more do you want pierce to do to make the hall of fame?

he's done more in his career already then dominique wilkins and hes still got a couple good years left.

is dominique a hall of famer?

pierce is consistent and clutch,if you think he doesnt deserve to be in the hall of fame you're probably just a laker stan or you just dont know basketball

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

If Dennis Johnson can get into the HOF than I don't see how Paul Pierce can't get in.

You mean die? 
The Truth's ranks on the Celtics all time stats:

10th in games at 813

5th in minutes at 30,525

2nd at PPG at 22.9

2nd in FT's made at 5,054

7th in assists at 3,183

9th in rebounds at 5,103

3rd in points at 19,899

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

You mean die? 
The Truth's ranks on the Celtics all time stats:

10th in games at 813

5th in minutes at 30,525

2nd at PPG at 22.9

2nd in FT's made at 5,054

7th in assists at 3,183

9th in rebounds at 5,103

3rd in points at 19,899

Nah not die.

DJ deserves to be in there and it's a shame it took so long before he got there. I just view DJ & Pierce the same where they are kind not appreciated enough and get forgotten because of of other great players in their era's they played  in.

Read this....

And the truth is, Paul Pierce deserves to go to the Hall of Fame.

Pierce doesn't have the kind of numbers that cry out first-ballot Hall of Famer. He's averaged about 23 points, six rebounds, and four assists a game over his 11-year career. His playoff averages remain pretty consistent to his regular season numbers.

But Pierce's numbers compare very well to recent Hall of Famers at his position. Adrian Dantley, who was inducted in 2008, averaged a little over a point more than Pierce over his career while Pierce has averaged more rebounds and assists.

More importantly, Pierce owns a championship ring. Dantley doesn't.

Clyde Drexler, a 2004 inductee, averaged almost two more assists than Pierce. However, Pierce has averaged about two more points than Drexler while their rebounds are nearly identical. Both have won a championship.

Pierce has a knack of turning up his game a little more when going against some of the elite that the NBA has to offer. In 2006, Pierce scored 50 points in a loss to King James and Cleveland. Two years later, he dropped 41 in an epic Game Seven victory in the Eastern Conference Semis against the Cavs, a game where LeBron scored 45 points in a losing effort.

Against Kobe and the Lakers, Pierce has averaged over 27 points a game, including a 42-point effort in 2001 that led the Big Aristotle himself to proclaim Pierce as "the (expletive) truth."

But Pierce isn't really that picky about who he's going to drop his points on. He's the third all-time leading scorer in Celtics history with 18,603 points, trailing guys named Larry Bird and John Havlicek. His career scoring average is second in team history behind Bird.

Link

Bittersweet....are you familiar w. Clyde Drexler and Adrian Dantley?  It's not me asking just to be a smart #+!, but I'm really curious.  And if you do know of both players and are familiar with their games....can you please explain how Pierce doesn't belong in the HOF when his numbers are comparable to two members already enshrined.  If Pierce doesn't belong in the HOF, then the voters did a serious injustice in seeing that Drexler/Dantley were selected. 

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by atlballa15

There are a number of NBA stars that flop, fake, and overall act like pansies on the court. Pierce's problem - he's not flashy, nor does he have any marketing appeal. Not only is dude's game ugly, he constantly looks scruffy, like a overgrown teen that doesn't know how to groom himself properly.

Yup. His form on his three's makes me cringe. He leans into it and barely even gets off the floor, I have no clue how he makes most of them. Him playing as slow as he does now I think is attributed to how much bud he's smoked over the years. The game really probably does move in slow mo for him. Him, Sheed and Garnett were probably waiting their whole careers to play with eachother.
very well said, I know Pierce be burning it down like it was going out of style 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

My dude, how is Paul Pierce a lock for the HOF?! His jersey is going to be retired in BOS, and he's going to be in the Celtic HOF, but damn.

He has never made the NBA All-First Team, he JUST made the 2nd team in 2009.

WHERE in that is a "LOCK" for the HOF? His achievements are "meh" for a guy that you people are saying is a lock for the HOF and a great.

If the dude has been in the league for 12 years, you have to come with a better argument about Melo who has been in for like 7.
Do you think anyone really takes you seriously around here?

Here are some facts. The guys doing the voting for the HOF, you know, the writers and fellow HOF'ers... ALWAYS talk about Pierce as a future HOF'er. There's no doubt. Every C's game "The 3 HOF'ers" and you know damn well which 3 players they're referring to. Finals MVP, 8-time All-Star, close to 20k points, chance for 2 rings, and a guy who scored 25-26ppg in his prime...

I'll take the guys voting Pierce in over some clueless sports fan who doesn't know #@!% about anything.
Who cares who takes me seriously? You're the one responding to my posts.
laugh.gif

You can't predict what's going to happen, who's going to be in ... I stated my opinion, as others.

Stop being mad & get over it. All top 50 players DON'T make the Hall of Fame.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Good to see you will stick around as the S&T pinata. What top 50 players aren't in the HOF? I'm waiting.

As I said above, if you bother to read, that all of the guys that will be voting have said Pierce is a HOF'er... READ.
laugh.gif

Does anyone else hate his shot selection? He's always trying to get the last shot.

Dude, you have RAY ALLEN on your team. Pass the ball around like everyone else.

This is funny...PTI had this debate of over under 4.5 hall of famers in the finals.

TK said under

MW said over

TK point- make the Hall Great not just good.

MW-said Kobe, Ray, KG, PP, Gasol, and Rondo if he continues at this pace.... TK laughed at Wilbon asking how Gasol, Ray, and PP would be in automatically...

This is funny...PTI had this debate of over under 4.5 hall of famers in the finals.

TK said under

MW said over

TK point- make the Hall Great not just good.

MW-said Kobe, Ray, KG, PP, Gasol, and Rondo if he continues at this pace.... TK laughed at Wilbon asking how Gasol, Ray, and PP would be in automatically...

Originally Posted by outkast9984

Originally Posted by RP805

He's a good player...not great...I hate the whole Celtics team because most of them are great fakers...They act so much they should be in movies...like everyone said they take a little nudge and they are on the floor like if they got shot
roll.gif
you do know that you have sasha and fisher on the lakers right? those are the ultimate floppers

I know who's on the team but u know Pierce takes it overboard. Fisher and Sasha take hits but they aint rollin around the ground like if they are on fire and tryin to put it out

b/c she tried to pull a reggie evans and grab artest's junk while they got their double t's

AYOOOOOOO

Back
Top Bottom