How did we stop The Black Panthers?

ronald-reagan-picture.jpg
Cooked Up The Answers!!!

You hear that?
What Gil Scott was hearin
When our heroes and heroines got hooked on heroin.
Crack raised the murder rate in DC and Maryland
We invested in that it's like we got Merril-Lynched
And we been hangin from the same tree ever since
Sometimes I feel the music is the only medicine
So we cook it, cut it, measure it, bag it,sell it
The fiends cop it
Nowadays they cant tell if that's that good %+@#
We ain't sure man
Put the CD on your toungue yeah, thats pure man

I really like this song but I just wish Kanye woulda got somebody else instead of Game on this like maybe Mos Def, even a recycled Pac verse, a lotta dudeswould came correct on this beat along with the topic

smokin.gif

Besides the songs with the legends... this is the best song on the lp to me ...

Who Gave Sadaam Anthrax?

GeorgeBush1st.jpg

Got The Answers...

^ i agree. and who was the dude at the end with the spoken-word verse? he really killed it...

^ he did. Kanye took it off because he was going at 50 and 'Ye didn't wanna burn any bridges...

^ Remember Game did a verse but he was talking about 50 on it (this was during their beef) so to cause no more problems Kanye removed the verse.

The real version is out there I use to have it but it's from DJ Skee/Nu Jerzey Devil Mixtape and N's is shouting all over it so I deleted it.

blazin - I wondered the same thing when the album dropped all I know is it isn't in the credits, it only mentions Charlie Wilson, Keyshia Cole & TonyWilliams w/ additional vocals.

Wow you learn somethin new everyday I didnt know 'Ye took his verse off, I guess I got the OG version then I thought everybody heard da doodoo Game wasspittin ol flip floppin hate it or love it type a N_

smokin.gif

Diplomat T-Dot
you should read it again

the spoken word verse is by Umar Bin Hassan from The Last Poets,
I recognized him after the Common joint "The Corner"
but I'm pretty sure he is officially credited in the booklet as well

Kanye was supposed to put out a new album of theirs on G.O.O.D. Music
but it was yet another alternative project that he proposed but couldn't back up (or couldn't get SONY to back up i.e. Fonzworth Bentley and Sa-Raalbums)

Its crazy n sad how for most ppl this song is only beat deep or just about crack

Im really thinkin about it I woulda loved to hear Ol Man Jigga on this or even Cam on his Fantastic Four shhh

smokin.gif

Cage and True, that's my favorite line on the entire song... I meant to echo it using decreasing font size
laugh.gif

Cage pointed out why too WHY???
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom