How Did you Decide Your Team "Loyalty"?

Nets - Was a big basketball fan growing up, but never really had a team until I went to my first Nets game... From there I supported them ever since.

Cowboys - A lot of my family are Cowboys fans, so at a young age, that was the only team I saw every Sunday... Just picked up on it.

Mets - I got into baseball when I was a little older, but everyone liked the Yankees in my family, so I just wanted to rebel against them :lol:

UNC - My favorite player went there (VC)

You're Italian aren't you?

i support the local teams niners and giants i hate the warriors but ive been a big laker fan. i started following the patriots a couple years ago and thats my team which isnt a nice thing to say around people since i always get that look

Nothing rustles my jimmies like fans of LA in the Bay Area :lol:

good thread OP. 

Thanks, just something I've always been curious about. I know a lot of people that support local teams, but also know a lot that support teams outside their area.

Last edited:
I became a Texans fan because Dallas was breaking my heart. I jumped ship as soon as I could, its been me and Houston since 2002.

Wrong thread for this. 85% of NT are bandwagon.

I remember in 09' when EVERYBODY and they mama on NT was damn Celtics fans :smh:

i support the local teams niners and giants i hate the warriors but ive been a big laker fan. i started following the patriots a couple years ago and thats my team which isnt a nice thing to say around people since i always get that look

That's the reason I became a Laker fan too, I'm born and raised in LA, those late 90's Lakers teams were some of my favorite squads. I can still probably name a bunch of players off those rosters. I'm a USC fan because my sister went there. I'll root for an NFL team when LA gets one and I'm not really a fan of baseball but I do root for the Dodgers

Dude, me too. I love those 90's Lakers post showtime squad. Eddie when he was #25 before we retired Gail's jersey. Nick at Nite, Cedric Ceballos, Pig Miller, Elden Campbell, George Lynch and Peeler, Sedale! But I loved that '91 team that lost to the Bulls. That's how I got into basketball. I truly believe that we could've beat the Bulls if Worthy and Baby B were healthy. (Puts on flame suit) :nerd:

Lakers: started when I first fell in love with basketball and the sport. I was in the 4th grade and the first team I saw playing was the Lakers. This was during the '99-'00 season and before Kobe became my favorite player, I would always try to replicate my shot after D. Fish just cause we were both left handed. I remember crying when the Lakers were down in Game 7 vs. Portland. Couldn't believe my eyes when we came back. Have been a fan since.

49ers: Family has always been 49ers fans so that's how I became a fan. Watched the years when Kevan Barlow, Garrison Hearst, and Fred Beasley were on the team til now.

Giants: Started watching the Giants because nothing was on tv and KTVU always showed the Giants games. So I'd follow along and Barry Bonds and Marvin Bernard became my favorite Giants.

Avalanche: Randomly saw hockey a few times. Don't follow the Avalanche as much anymore but Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg were the reasons I did watch hockey as much as I did.

Last edited:
Followed the teams closet to the city I was born in. San Francisco.

Giants, Niners, Warriors, Sharks.

Born and spent most of my childhood in Miami. Been fan of the Heat, Hurricanes, Dolphins and Marlins. Since I could remember. Childhood memories of going to Miami Arena, American Airlines Arena, Orange Bowl and Pro Player Stadium or w.e the hell it's called now. But when it comes to soccer, I ended up supporting Manchester United out of being a fan of Beckham, Giggs and Scholes. Also, I support the Jamaican national team(Reggae Boyz). Memories of World Cup 98. I was in Jamaica at the time. Whole country coming together. 

Nothing was decided. My pops had season tickets with the Warriors and Raiders before I was born.

My earliest memory of television was Chris Mullin at the line shooting a FT.  I remember being at Warrior games before I was going to school and teams putting up +120 points every night.

When the Raiders moved back to Oakland attending my first game was like a right of passage, got to go on my birthday. 

Only loyalties I I've ever really consciously decided on were Cal Football and Arsenal FC.

Last edited:

Nothing rustles my jimmies like fans of LA in the Bay Area :lol:

Couldn't agree more. :x

It's that inferiority complex kicking in.

Kings... I moved to Sacramento right when Jason Williams was drafted. I was a Pacers fan growing up, but everyone here was a Kings fan so I became one. I guess that makes me a bandwagon fan!

Giants/Niners- the winning is nice now, but I enjoyed being a fan more when they were bad in the mid 00s. Not sure why :lol:

Tottenham Hotspur- my mom and dad lived there for 6 years and was married there, so I kinda got attached with the club cuz of that. I'll finally be able to see them in May.

USA men's soccer- I'm American duh. Nothing bothers me more, even more than seeing lame Lakers/Heat/OKC, etc fans, than seeing red blooded Americans openly root for other countries like Mexico or some ****.

Only through the purest way: geographically. Some exceptions may apply.

Last edited:
Nothing rustles my jimmies like fans of LA in the Bay Area
laugh.gif

This. Unless they have a legit reason like school affiliation or lived some of their lives in LA or something.
Hell, I would let them pass if they at least watched one game at Staples arena. I bet a lot of them can not say that.
mean.gif
Feel you.

Hella Lakers fans around my way that have zero connections to the L.A. area at all.

Then they clown me when I'm a W's/ A's/ Raiders fan
eyes.gif

Like, OK.

Back
Top Bottom