How do i ask my prof for a higher grade...?

keiththekid1

Banned
I am in the process of transfering schools. I just got my grade for a summer class and i am 0.2 off from a C...I need a 73% for a C...i have a 72.8. FML. Ineed a C for it to transfer to my new school. You think if i e-mailed him and basically explained my situation he would give me a C?

Yeah just ask. But your performance in the class will make a big difference. If it was a hard C and you worked hard, attended class, and asked questions andparticipated and stuff he should be cool. If you just kind of coasted through and didn't really go hard he might not do it or even reply. From my ownexperiences a C was the grade I got when I didn't put that much into it. It sucks to be in that situation because I hate to ask for favors when they arenecessary because of my actions. It makes me feel small.

An email explaining the situation should be enough. I am kind of in the same situation as you except my grade was 89.768 and I asked the teacher for .24 pointsso I would have an A in the class. She told me no because I missed 3 of the 12 classes. She told me that my lack of attendance showed how enthused I was aboutthe class. You have to take in account your attendance, did you take advantage of extra credit, and did you do all your homework. If you didn't do any ofthe three items listed the teacher will probably show you no mercy. Good luck and I hope you don't have the same results as me.

Loosen up that jaw.

Pucker up them lips and loosen them throat muscles playboy

roll.gif

Seriously though, just tell him about your situation. If you worked hard and behaved well in class, I'm sure you have a chance

If you've been to 90% of the classes and can demonstrate a decent understand of the material to your professor through a phone convo or show that you madeprogress (test grades improved or the precentile you placed in increased per test), then 0.2 is nothing.

Unless your Professor is a total #+! hole.

tired.gif

You obviously did whatever you needed to get that 72.8% so I don't know. It seems to me that you got what you deserved. I'm not trying to bring youdown or anything but maybe you should've worked a little harder and you wouldn't have been in that situation.

Like everyone else has said, it really depends on if you went to class, respected your professor, STUDIED, and so on.

Since you are in a situation, go up to him and tell him exactly what you want.

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Pucker up them lips and loosen them throat muscles playboy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I would smash my some female professor for a grade though... no lie
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom