How do NY hip-hop heads feel about 'Kiss and Fab?

fabolous.jpg

=

mcgrady.jpg

vince-carter-1-med.jpg

fell off so hard
frown.gif

Fab's albums > Jada's Albums.

But like everyone said they should be a lot more than what they are..

Fab's albums > Jada's Albums.

But like everyone said they should be a lot more than what they are..

styles needs the marketing that jada has.

Them Ns make surface raps, where as the guys who truly penatrate the soul make music that comes from deep within...

This.

I've been listening to _s for years...and I'll say there hasnt been a greater underachieving duo...Been on Kiss since before the first album..when Bad Boy had em on "You'll See" and Feb since those Clue tapes and that freestyle with Nore.

Both lack a compelling story. Both dont have an intriguing enough personality to capture you. People talk about Hov and Nas...one this that those guys understood when you read their intvs...is that the understand that "less is more"...if you spell out everything for everybody, there's no enigma left for fans to try to figure it out. Another thing...they both have the same one dimensional flow. Jay said in a recent intv that he's said the same story across his albums about 10 times. Fab and Kiss have done that....but in a less compelling way...there's no charisma...especially with Fab....he has NO personality....like when I heard "Change You or Change Me" and "One Day", I thought he had potential to make persona music....but obviously not..."Loso's Way" gassed me...the intro was silly and I'm a huge Carlito's Way fan....that album was more of a let down than a girl who's been leading you on and wont give it up.

These cats are great mixtape rappers...Kiss moreso than Fab now...when you hear "Mornings Was Hashbrowns"....you think...

I dont know what's up with these cats man. I was actually at Def Jam when they were leading up to "The Last Kiss".....there wasnt any urgency to promote is...they didnt even know how to choose his single right because by then "By My Side" and "Can't Stop Me" was already out and had NO buzz...how they wanted "By My Side" to blow and that #*% was basically a "You Make Me Better" clone? If the people at your labe ldont know what to do with you....how do they think fans will respond?

styles needs the marketing that jada has.

Them Ns make surface raps, where as the guys who truly penatrate the soul make music that comes from deep within...

This.

I've been listening to _s for years...and I'll say there hasnt been a greater underachieving duo...Been on Kiss since before the first album..when Bad Boy had em on "You'll See" and Feb since those Clue tapes and that freestyle with Nore.

Both lack a compelling story. Both dont have an intriguing enough personality to capture you. People talk about Hov and Nas...one this that those guys understood when you read their intvs...is that the understand that "less is more"...if you spell out everything for everybody, there's no enigma left for fans to try to figure it out. Another thing...they both have the same one dimensional flow. Jay said in a recent intv that he's said the same story across his albums about 10 times. Fab and Kiss have done that....but in a less compelling way...there's no charisma...especially with Fab....he has NO personality....like when I heard "Change You or Change Me" and "One Day", I thought he had potential to make persona music....but obviously not..."Loso's Way" gassed me...the intro was silly and I'm a huge Carlito's Way fan....that album was more of a let down than a girl who's been leading you on and wont give it up.

These cats are great mixtape rappers...Kiss moreso than Fab now...when you hear "Mornings Was Hashbrowns"....you think...

I dont know what's up with these cats man. I was actually at Def Jam when they were leading up to "The Last Kiss".....there wasnt any urgency to promote is...they didnt even know how to choose his single right because by then "By My Side" and "Can't Stop Me" was already out and had NO buzz...how they wanted "By My Side" to blow and that #*% was basically a "You Make Me Better" clone? If the people at your labe ldont know what to do with you....how do they think fans will respond?

Honestly they are both B-list rappers. They are guys that wheneva they want can throw out a classic verse but they are happy where they are at. Kiss gets respect from any rap dude u wanna put in your top 5 and has hopped on tracks wit em all and has yet to be outshined by much. He's good with knowing this.

Fab on the other hand doesnt quite demand the respect that kiss gets but hes also content with making money and staying relevant. You guys have to realize every artist isnt comfortable giving up there inner life to millions of people upon request. hell some people have trouble sharing there emotions with people that are close to them so imagine trying to do that on a track

Honestly they are both B-list rappers. They are guys that wheneva they want can throw out a classic verse but they are happy where they are at. Kiss gets respect from any rap dude u wanna put in your top 5 and has hopped on tracks wit em all and has yet to be outshined by much. He's good with knowing this.

Fab on the other hand doesnt quite demand the respect that kiss gets but hes also content with making money and staying relevant. You guys have to realize every artist isnt comfortable giving up there inner life to millions of people upon request. hell some people have trouble sharing there emotions with people that are close to them so imagine trying to do that on a track

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

You guys have to realize every artist isnt comfortable giving up there inner life to millions of people upon request. hell some people have trouble sharing there emotions with people that are close to them so imagine trying to do that on a track

Then maybe they shoulda stuck to their "previous" lives.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

You guys have to realize every artist isnt comfortable giving up there inner life to millions of people upon request. hell some people have trouble sharing there emotions with people that are close to them so imagine trying to do that on a track

Then maybe they shoulda stuck to their "previous" lives.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Jada is top 5 D.O.A when it comes to RAPPING.

How?dudes rhyme schemes were never intricate. No alliterations. No slant rhymes. Nothing.Kiss is so overrated it's not even funny

You sound stupid fam'... I bet YOUR favorite rapper has Kiss as a top 5 lyricist in the game right now...

I have NEVER heard "Jadakiss" and "Overrated" in the same sentence
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Jada is top 5 D.O.A when it comes to RAPPING.

How?dudes rhyme schemes were never intricate. No alliterations. No slant rhymes. Nothing.Kiss is so overrated it's not even funny

You sound stupid fam'... I bet YOUR favorite rapper has Kiss as a top 5 lyricist in the game right now...

I have NEVER heard "Jadakiss" and "Overrated" in the same sentence
laugh.gif

he is overrated tho... i can name way better lyricists and we all know his song making aint the *+*%...

he is overrated tho... i can name way better lyricists and we all know his song making aint the *+*%...

Back
Top Bottom