How do scientist know what they don't know??

Can anyone answer this question for me..When scientist and other random statistics come out how do they come up with these percentages. Like they'll say they only discovered 15% of a certain species or whatever. Well how do they know about the other 85% if they don't know about the other 85%?

Can anyone answer this question for me..When scientist and other random statistics come out how do they come up with these percentages. Like they'll say they only discovered 15% of a certain species or whatever. Well how do they know about the other 85% if they don't know about the other 85%?

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

because 15% + 85%= 100%

because 15% + 85%= 100%

Originally Posted by go rilla

because 15% + 85%= 100%
I think he is asking, how do they know there are another 85% out there we don't know about. How do they know its 85% and not 30% if they havent discovered them yet.

because 15% + 85%= 100%
I think he is asking, how do they know there are another 85% out there we don't know about. How do they know its 85% and not 30% if they havent discovered them yet.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

because 15% + 85%= 100%
thank you

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

because 15% + 85%= 100%
thank you

let's say maybe they have evidence that points to there being 100 possible species of spiders
buy they've only mad discoveries of 15 actual species so far...

let's say maybe they have evidence that points to there being 100 possible species of spiders
buy they've only mad discoveries of 15 actual species so far...

Back
Top Bottom