How do y'all feel about this kid D-PRYDE? Vol. Debut Mixtape, "Mars"

This is pretty much a bump to my own thread, but

^^ I honestly think he has better bars than half the people on the radio right now. He gets some local radio play from Suss One, and he's working on his album right now... about 30 tracks ready for cutting so far

Def not bad, even tho his image is your typical hypebeast .... With time i think he will get better ....... It's EXTREMLY hard to break asian artists in the states ... Far East Movement got lucky with that hit record

This is pretty much a bump to my own thread, but

^^ I honestly think he has better bars than half the people on the radio right now. He gets some local radio play from Suss One, and he's working on his album right now... about 30 tracks ready for cutting so far

Def not bad, even tho his image is your typical hypebeast .... With time i think he will get better ....... It's EXTREMLY hard to break asian artists in the states ... Far East Movement got lucky with that hit record

I had to bump this for his debut mixtape off his label, Mars Music...

I don't know about y'all, but besides his voice (which you kind of have to grow on)... he's hotter as a rapper than a lot of what's out on the radio right now. He has a tight flow and his beats knock in the ride. This tape is legit, IMO. Some tracks are skippable, but a handful of the songs have a good sound for radio.

The only critique I have is that he has yet to develop his own sound, sometimes you can hear some swag jacking off of some popular mainstream artists... but the kid's 17, he has a lot of time to grow as an artist. This is only his first step in professional music.

Just wanted to share his stuff with NT, I don't think he should be slept on in the coming years.

And if it matters -- yeah, I'm Filipino.

I had to bump this for his debut mixtape off his label, Mars Music...

I don't know about y'all, but besides his voice (which you kind of have to grow on)... he's hotter as a rapper than a lot of what's out on the radio right now. He has a tight flow and his beats knock in the ride. This tape is legit, IMO. Some tracks are skippable, but a handful of the songs have a good sound for radio.

The only critique I have is that he has yet to develop his own sound, sometimes you can hear some swag jacking off of some popular mainstream artists... but the kid's 17, he has a lot of time to grow as an artist. This is only his first step in professional music.

Just wanted to share his stuff with NT, I don't think he should be slept on in the coming years.

And if it matters -- yeah, I'm Filipino.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

His voice is eh

sick.gif

why is joe budden rapping with him.
his voice is so annoying, his lyrics and flow aint that bad though
beats are trash though. they are really really really bad.

he's only 17? can't wait to see him come into his own over the next few years. good look on the heads up, op.

he's only 17? can't wait to see him come into his own over the next few years. good look on the heads up, op.

Originally Posted by 2o6

I guess Suss-One got him on the track for him, or Joe saw something good in the kid. I can't argue against the voice thing, but I don't see how the beats are any worse than what's on the radio... I think they'd play well.

But then again, that's kind of a bad standard to judge by.

I just hope he really develops as an artist as years go on... his vocal chords, too
laugh.gif
He best not sound like that when he's 23

Back
Top Bottom