How do you get a table faster at a restaurant that has a 2 hour wait?

sk08

Banned
My friend and me are taking girls to a new restaurant that has a huge wait. My friend's pop was like I wouldn't wait that long, like a boss. But he was serious. But my friends Dad drives a Bentley GT so maybe the valet talks to the manager for him or something? Idk. This spot has no reservations. Aside from borrowing the Bentley, is there a way to get a table faster? I see people getting seated faster all the time. Trying to bribe the 18 yo airhead hostess doesn't work in my experience.

you're no special than the people waiting in line before you. if you don't want to wait, try sliding the hostess a 20, or just go somewhere else.

btw, borrowing your friends dads bentley to impress some jawns is lame

If they have a valet, chances are they take reservations. Make a reservation, fool. Problem solved.

The Chinese Restaurant on Seinfeld was the first thing this thread title reminded me of .

They claim they don't take reservations. Some tables are reserved last time I was there but I dipset early because they were trying to say the wait was 90 minutes but there were like 10 tables "reserved". Don't get it twisted this is not a club, it's a restaurant, so idk if they're trying to make it seem more exclusive or what but I was annoyed and we left. But the fillys wanna go there tonight. I imagine the reserved tables are for people that are connected to the owner or maybe for like shot callers that roll up. I highly doubt homeboy with the Lambo last time I was there waited for a table. How that transpires though is beyond me.

Money talks....same reason some people get served drinks faster at the bar, the bartender knows they have money and throw it their way. Servers/Bartenders take care of those who take care of them.

They claim they don't take reservations. Some tables are reserved last time I was there but I dipset early because they were trying to say the wait was 90 minutes but there were like 10 tables "reserved". Don't get it twisted this is not a club, it's a restaurant, so idk if they're trying to make it seem more exclusive or what but I was annoyed and we left. But the fillys wanna go there tonight. I imagine the reserved tables are for people that are connected to the owner or maybe for like shot callers that roll up. I highly doubt homeboy with the Lambo last time I was there waited for a table. How that transpires though is beyond me.

What restaurant is this? I'm curious. Something isn't adding up.

MONEY.

Awesome article from 2000:

http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/2000s/2000/10/pocketful?printable=true

For as little as $100—that’s $25 each for a meal that would ultimately cost close to $375 per head—I had jumped what was rumored to be a 2,700-person waiting list and gotten into the hardest restaurant in the world that week. Also, I had shot the moon. And I had done it by following a set of rules so old-fashioned that my grandmother could have written them: Dress properly, act dignified, be polite, smile. And spend a little extra for good service—it will pay you back in droves.

Must-read.

If you go thru all this trouble nd don't get yambs plz don't make a post about it.

I've already plowed homegirl it ain't like that. I just don't want to wait for a table like a lame.

Back
Top Bottom